what is your favorite game of all time?

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
The Madman said:
Pretty predictable really:

It just has everything I like in a game.
This. just this...

However it's not just the second BG for me, it's all of them :)

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
In terms of enjoyable gameplay LOTRO definetly wins, but single player games fits better for this so I'll go with God of War 3.
Mind you, I love all the God of War games a whole lot. I have, however, played through GoW III like seven times and I still feel like playing it some more.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
217not237 said:
The Wykydtron said:
Persona 4, it's the only game i can call perfect and be completely serious about it. It made the standard JRPG turn based combat fun for god's sake! What mystical bullshit is this?! Go play it if you haven't already.
I personally prefer Persona 3. The characters and story were much better in that one, in my opinion.
Maybe i'd agree with you if the main character wasn't such a dick, it's like they took the standard "antisocial asshole discovers the power of friendship and everything's lovely forever" thing and forgot to drop the asshole part halfway through.

The option to say "i don't care" comes up disturbingly often for example and in order to level your Social Links you basically have to be going out with every girl in the plot.

I get the impression that the MC from P3 is only in the whole friendship gig for the better Personae. Whereas the MC from P4 is just a nice guy who just so happens to get better Personae for being a nice guy.

Motivations are important kids!

Oh and i love mysteries so Persona 4 being one big mystery story gives it around an extra 100 win points from the word go.

And Igor's voice is better in Persona 4. A lot better.

Actually you know what? So i don't keep listing ways that P4 is better just take the "maybe i'd agree with you if" out of this statement, i don't actually agree with you. XD

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
My favourite game of all time (so far) is Final Fantasy 9! It's my most replayed game ever, and the one I would most happily sit down and waste a few hours on!

Sirron Kcuch

Jan 3, 2012
ectoplasmicz said:
Sirron Kcuch said:
I've always loved Burnout 3
This this this a million times this. Oh please let it be youre serious!

But if not that, has to be Morrowind. hours lost in that perfect game, i loved it and still do.
It was so awesome, the graphics were great, everything was so fast paced...
Is there any way to play it online now? (I know the PS2 online got shut down ;_;)

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Seeing as I cannot bring myself to pick one, I'll list some of my favourites.
Metal Gear Solid 3
Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, Birth By Sleep
Final Fantasy 8, 10
Red Dead Redemption

Aletheium

May 20, 2009
Would have to argue Metal Gear Solid (1) and Neverwinter Nights for being my gateway to gaming, MGS4 merely reinforced my attitude towards MGS.

More recently, Dark Souls is putting on a pretty good attempt at getting to my hall of fame, occupied also by Knights of the Old Republic, and Morrowind.

I suppose it helps the cause that all the above have series that I've consistently liked, helping to reinforce my nostalgia!

I want to include the Witcher series and Baldur's Gate but I've been struggling to get through them due to work and other commitments, I'm sure in time they'll rank up there too!

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
CAMDAWG said:
One of SOTC, Jak 2, or dark souls.

I think jak 3 was actually a better game than its predecessor, but was similar in a few too many ways, and when I played it I was less taken aback than when I first played jak 2.

The other two are just brilliantly put together. Dark souls would have to be the first game I played through three times without some kind of gap between playthroughs.
This guy is on the money. My favourites are the entire Jak trilogy and Demons/Dark Souls. Such amazing experiences.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
PS2- Star Wars Battlefront 2. I can only hope they one day decide to try and make the next one.
Xbox- tough to say because there are so many that I like, but if I had to choose one I would probably have to choose Rainbow Six Vegas 2. I love terrorist hunt in that game.

217not237

Nov 9, 2011
The Wykydtron said:
217not237 said:
The Wykydtron said:
Persona 4, it's the only game i can call perfect and be completely serious about it. It made the standard JRPG turn based combat fun for god's sake! What mystical bullshit is this?! Go play it if you haven't already.
I personally prefer Persona 3. The characters and story were much better in that one, in my opinion.
Maybe i'd agree with you if the main character wasn't such a dick, it's like they took the standard "antisocial asshole discovers the power of friendship and everything's lovely forever" thing and forgot to drop the asshole part halfway through.

The option to say "i don't care" comes up disturbingly often for example and in order to level your Social Links you basically have to be going out with every girl in the plot.

I get the impression that the MC from P3 is only in the whole friendship gig for the better Personae. Whereas the MC from P4 is just a nice guy who just so happens to get better Personae for being a nice guy.

Motivations are important kids!

Oh and i love mysteries so Persona 4 being one big mystery story gives it around an extra 100 win points from the word go.

And Igor's voice is better in Persona 4. A lot better.

Actually you know what? So i don't keep listing ways that P4 is better just take the "maybe i'd agree with you if" out of this statement, i don't actually agree with you. XD
Maybe I'd agree with you if most of the characters in P4 didn't really annoy me at times and you somehow gain knowledge by having pre-existing knowledge about a question you're asked at school, rather than being wrong and actually GAINING knowledge by learning form your mistakes.

zuro64

Aug 20, 2009
Well it hard to narrow it down to a single game since you cant really compare different genres but here are my categories:

FPS: Battlefield 2

RTS: Starcraft 2 (chose SC2 simply because SC and SC2 are basically the same game but SC2 has better grafics)

RPG: Mass Effect (chose this because I havent played through ME2, I know Iknw same on me:/)

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
I like lots of games, but I love only a handful. The best ones are Deus Ex 1 and HR (stupid forced boss fights notwithstanding) for their stories and free gameplay, and Silent Hill 2. The best one of those is by far SH2. No game I have ever played has managed to create a better atmosphere, and the somewhat bad gameplay and voice acting (except for Mary/Maria) are weirdly complementary to it. It's just an incredible experience, as close to becoming James as possible. It isn't just the written/spoken story either. Replay it sometime and pay attention to how the levels and the characters change as the story progress. Everything becomes less ordered and more nonsensical as the player delves deeper in James' mind. I wish there were more games like it, but I don't think today's gamers would appreciate something like it. Shame...but better to have one perfect game than a thousand mediocre copies.

cthulhumythos

Aug 28, 2009
that... that is a tough one.

i could say earthbound, and sound knowledgeable; but while i did really enjoy earthbound, i wouldn't say it's my favorite.

it's pretty much a tie between loz: majora's mask, loz: windwaker, and the bungie made halo games.

and so i realize i'm part of two of the most rabid and ill-thought of fanbases. yaaaaay.

PuffinBox

Aug 29, 2011
tough but I would go with,

Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Halo 3

All of which I have spent an immense of time on and regretted none of it.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Oblivion, still. One day, that crown will be taken. But for now, it reigns supreme to me.

It's gonna be a hard crown to take, seeing as how it was my first WRPG and all.

Denariax

Nov 3, 2010
The three series that stand out as the giant golden tower of the industry waist-deep in crap would (to me), be The Longest Journey, The Legacy of Kain, and Assassins Creed.

Assassins Creed only made it onto my list recently. LoK Defiance is my favorite singular game known to man, and TLJ is brilliant.