what is your favorite game of all time?

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
Oooh...Have to say... Road Trip Adventure

No but seriously. (although that game is awesome)

It's stuck between Baldurs Gate and Morrowind.

Honourable mentions to Delta Force: Black Hawk Down, Oddworld and Resistance FoM

rt052192

Feb 24, 2010
Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening (classic)
Oblivion (favorite RPG)
Call of Duty 4 (best online shooter ever)

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Persona 4.

Good story, great characters, greater combat, and the best soundtrack for a videogame ever.

It will be my favorite forever.

Xiroh86

Jan 7, 2012
Earthbound

Hands down the best game that I have ever played. Coming in in a close second is Metal Gear Solid 3.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
BreakfastMan said:
There is only one true answer to this question. If you have a different answer, you have not yet experienced the majesty and magic of the game. That game is

No game even comes close to it's majesty. The greatest game of all time? Sure. The greatest piece of entertainment of all time? Most definitely. Mankind's single greatest achievement ever? Without a doubt.
I found it at Gamestop for a dollar. I'm pretty sure that the employee was going to input $100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, but he must not have been one of the chosen ones who can withstand the beauty that is Sneak King and had a minor case of vaporization. Sneak King is not for the faint of heart.

OT: The original Doom just rubs me the right way in every way, from it's hearty, powerful weapons to it's distinct art style, from it's fantastic enemy design to it's brilliant choice of music and sound effects. It's a little bit aged, but that just makes it better. Doom is one of those games that ages like a bronze statue. It starts of wonderful, and as it ages it develops a completely new type of aged beauty that will keep it as proud and strong as it was when it first came to be.
Plus, it's got chainsaws.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
I'm going to have to say Super Smash Bros for the N64 for no particular reason. I guess it's a nostalgia thing but still, it made a major impression on me.

Grubnar

Aug 25, 2008
Favorite ... I dunno, kinda hard to pick just one.

But the game I have spent the most time playing is without a doubt Heroes of Might and Magic III: The restoration of Erathia, and it's two expansion packs, Shadow of Death and Blade of Armageddon.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
jackpackage200 said:
After playing through it again, I have to say Legend of Zelda Wind Waker. I fucking love this game. It's one of the few games where the support character is both helpful and engaging. Plus I fucking love sailing.

what is your favorite game of all time?
I agree completely. It's one of the prettiest games of all time, it's a good length, varied, fun and I love all things to do with the sea and sailing. WW isn't my favourite game of all time but it's definitely top 5.

My favourite of all time is Final Fantasy IX. For me it's a perfect game, perfect story, perfect setting, perfect characters, soundtrack, visuals, locales, mood, everything. Love it to death.

windlenot

Archeoastronomist
Mar 27, 2011
As I'm not at all a story based gamer, my favorite game is Rock Band 3. I love just playing a few songs a day here and there. It's the only game that's stuck with me for 3 years. ... That's including Rock Band 2 too.

meow

Jul 8, 2011
any of the stalkers they have the most awesome game play atmosphere and are FUCKING AMAZING

Ddgafd

Jul 11, 2009
Shanicus said:
Though the Clap-Trap's Robot Revolution DLC was a bit disappointing.
Really? Because I thought it was the best of the bunch. It was the only one that didn't make me want to stop playing and bang my head against a wall.

OT: This is, and always will be, a tough question for me. It's a toss between Rogue Galaxy and...and...um, I really can't come up with anything else right now so I'll say Rogue Galaxy. Something about it just really captivates me. I could play the damn thing for hours and hours and I would not get bored. Sure it has bad parts, like the Insectron crap, but in my eyes, the good FAR outweighs the bad. It's the only game I've played at least a dozen times.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle wins for me, although Super Smash Bros. Brawl is right behind it.

Zanderinfal

Nov 21, 2009
Oddly, R@C 3. Amazing game that combines great platformer mechanics and some REALLY hard boss fights with humour and, well everything in the game. It just works! And I'm a fully grown man saying this...

mcattack92

Feb 2, 2011
My favorite game of all time would have to be ID Software's Doom 2. It was just a fantastic game for it's time and is still fun to this day.