What is your GOTY so far?

ShockValue

Addicted to coffee
May 8, 2008
Probably Sleeping Dogs mainly because I can't recall what other games I played that even came out this year. Will probably change to AC3 tomorrow, assuming it's good.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
The Walking Dead Game

one of the best stories ive seen in gaming in the past 2 years for there genre

Vegetunks9000

Sep 20, 2011
Though it's a little cliche, i have to say Skyrim. Still playing it now oon my first save, and haven't even start the companions yet. Worth the £39 i paid for it by far

Bullfrog1983

Dec 3, 2008
XCOM: Enemy Unknown. It's got a few problems but the game is amazing, and I have no doubt I'll be playing and replaying it a lot.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Still got a long time till the end of the world December. Skyrim might be my choice but I might plan to by Dishonoured or XCOM, not too sure yet.

ME3 was just too disappointing.

tODDly

Feb 2, 2011
If it were not for some clunky control, and camera issues inherent with all these types of games, it would be no contest.

The most fun I had in any game so far this year was Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes!
Fun = win.

Even now I play it just to jump into Superman and hear the original John Williams score... best Superman appearance in any game ever.

Hawkeye 131

Jun 2, 2012
2012, although it's not over yet, is shaping up to be quite the year of competition for the title of GOTY. I think it's a great mix of indie and AAA titles!

(No particular order);

- XCOM: Enemy Unknown
- Halo 4
- Dishonored
- Darksiders 2
- Borderlands 2
- Sleeping Dogs
- Max Payne 3
- Journey
- Assassin's Creed 3
- Torchlight 2
- FTL
- Tribes: Ascend
- Mass Effect 3
- Black Ops 2
- Diablo 3
- Resident Evil 6

6_Qubed

Mar 19, 2009
Right now, Borderlands 2.

But I'm holding out that Bioshock Infinite won't have any more schedule slips because goddamn it looks really good.

OManoghue

Dec 12, 2008
I was very pleased with Max Payne 3 and Dishonored. Though, I'll only decide after finishing a couple more play throughs of Dishonored.

Blade1130

Sep 25, 2011
Spec Ops: The Line definitely made me go "wow" the most, so I think I'll give it to that one, though Dishonored is a very close second. Haven't played Borderlands or Mass Effect 3, so I dunno about them.

Indie title definitely goes to FTL: Faster than Light. There's just no contest there, though Mark of the Ninja was still pretty damned good.

havoc33

Jun 26, 2012
w9496 said:
Mass Effect 3 for me. I've played Borderlands 2 and Resident Evil 6 and all that, but Mass Effect was just better all around. I liked the story(even the ending), the gameplay was a lot more smooth than the previous 2, and the multiplayer contributed rather than detract from the game.

As for runner-up, I'm having a hell of a lot of fun with Binary Domain right now. Reminds me a lot of Gears of War in some ways.
Finally, someone who recognizes Binary Domain! Picked it up dirt cheap, and I loved every minute of it. It's not the GOTY, but highly underrated IMO.

Also, with all the talk about that BioWare has "lost it", and that ME3 was shit, there are remarkably high number of people that still picked it for game of the year. ;)

Apr 5, 2008
Only two spring to mind, ME3 and Dishonored, and with no disrespect intended, I don't think either are good enough for a GOTY. The tragedy is that there's nothing else this year at all even close to worthy either. Considering last year gave us Skyrim and DE: Human Revolution, both GsOTY in my opinion, this year is dreadfully lacking in quality games.

Other candidates would be...what? Diablo 3, Max Payne 3, Borderlands 2? Not played any of them but just no, across the board.

Bah, fine, Dishonored then; there's nothing else coming out this year that will be noteworthy. In it's favour it's a polished, beautifully crafted and clever game with a great aesthetic and immersion. It was an original title in a year of never-ending sequels. It falls short of it's true potential however for numerous reasons. Not a true master-piece, but came very close.

If I could really choose, I would give it to DE: HR, Skyrim or Saint's Row 3, all Q4 2011 releases, but all three orders of magnitude better than anything released this year. Also, a pre-emptive honorary GOTY for Project Eternity. :)

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Right now a toss up between Mass Effect 3: Extended Edition and XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Tekken Tag 2 was a massive ball of fun for me, but is lacking when compared to these two.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Blade1130 said:
Spec Ops: The Line definitely made me go "wow" the most, so I think I'll give it to that one
That. I was a lot more excited about Borderlands 2 and have played it a ton more (obviously since it is a lot longer), and would have said that was my GOTY, but it was mostly just more of the same. Not bad, just not amazing. Spec Ops, on the other hand, was incredible. One of the best games I've played in a long time.

KissmahArceus

Mar 1, 2011
I've enjoyed a lot of games this year, Spec Ops, GRFS, Dishonored, Mass Effect 3.
But my GOTY is easily XCOM, it has blown me away.
I fully expect Halo 4 to rock my socks and take up hours of my time but it will have to be sweet as a nut to top XCOM.

Also, XCOM has to be my favourite horror experience in years