What Movie/Game Secretly Made You Cry ?

Citrus

Apr 25, 2008
I could watch Saving Private Ryan without batting an eyelash, but there are some scenes in Click (with Adam Sandler) that could seriously get to me.

bigby

Jul 4, 2008
Ahh.. in Fire Emblem Sacred Stones if either Amelia or Colm dies, I do well up. Also, in Radiant Dawn, the whole last chapter is just so intense that there are parts that I cry sometimes.

dontworryaboutit

May 18, 2009
AngloDoom said:
'Drag Me to Hell'

It was so fuckin' awful I laughed until I cried at least twice in that 'horror' film.
I do hope you realize that is the entire purpose of the film.
Tatsumaru626 said:
The scene when John Coffey was executed at the end of "Green Mile".
Fucking tragic.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Bah... i am not ashamed of my MANLY tears...

i cried at:
American Beauty- Lesters death, Cowboy Bebop - the last 2-3 sessions i cried all the time, Gungrave - Death of Harry's wife, Cherry and the heroic last stand of Harry and Brendon, Last Unicorn... DAMMIT... it is so sad, but beautiful (I really understand Haggard, he is so human and pitiful).

But no secret tears, i admit to all of them *g* Also: i am normaly more of a emotion-stable rock... can't think of any media i cried to, other than these stated above. (Though two songs always get my eyes a bit...)

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
-The end of MGS3 makes me bawl every time I see it.
-I cried the first time I saw The Last Samurai as they were cut down by gatling guns.
-I cried when Boromir died...even though I knew it was coming.

A Song of Ice and Fire makes me want to cry all the time...but that I can hold in.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I have never cried at anything in a game, and sincerely doubt I will (although some parts are quite sad).

The climax of the film 'Seven Pounds' brought me close to it.

goldenjester

Feb 3, 2009
I cry during "Moulin Rogue!" When Satine dies at the end...
I can admit it.
Also, when I was reading Cell, when Alice dies...I teared up.

Gregorius

May 28, 2008
I blame Celine Dion from making me cry to Titanic... or maybe it was the fact that the role Leo DiCaprio played back then was one that you could possibly sympathize with. For a movie I've only seen twice ever in my life (the first of which was actually in theaters on opening night), it stands as the only movie to ever make me shed a single tear.

FAILPANTS

Jun 16, 2009
!!!SPOILERS!!!

Well personally I burst into tears when Rorschach died in Watchmen. He was just so awesome and kick-ass that I grew very attached to him. I mean, who DOESN'T love watching him stab some guy senseless. For all I care he could set my DOG on fire and I'd still cheer for him.

Barky13

Apr 7, 2009
I've cried at three separate episodes of Scrubs and I cried a little at the end of Bruce Almighty. I'm a bit ashamed of the latter but I will openly admit to the former any time. Strangely enough I can't cry at sad movies, only comedies with sad parts in them. I also very nearly cried at Disaster Movie due to how bad it is.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Star Trek the new movie.

To be honest I'd had about 4hours sleeps after a night of massive drinking, just eaten my weight in MacDonalds because I was really hungover, after the movie I fell asleep on a fold out couch with my head less than a metre away from a TV with the footy blaring and woke up 15 hours later.

So when Kirk's father (also Kirk I guess) was discussing what to name his newly born son (that he'll never see), as he went guns blazing into the Romulian ship. I was silently weeping.

That said I also couldn't separate the special effects from being real, I was that tired and they were that great. When something exploded, I didn't think "woah cool effect", I went "shit that thing exploded".

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
FAILPANTS said:
!!!SPOILERS!!!

Well personally I burst into tears when Rorschach died in Watchmen. He was just so awesome and kick-ass that I grew very attached to him. I mean, who DOESN'T love watching him stab some guy senseless. For all I care he could set my DOG on fire and I'd still cheer for him.
I didn't cry but I was horrified yeah I agree. Also welcome to the escapist.

I personally think one movie that very nearly made me cry (I can't cry properly because I have asperger's syndrome and therefore I cannot properly express emotion at least on a physical level) was Samson and Delilah. Also mention goes to Mary and Max.

manicfoot

Apr 16, 2008
I'm a pussy and cry at a lot of things. Expect spoilers:

FF7 - When Nanaki learns the truth about his father Seto.

Life is Beautiful - the bit where the dad is being led away by a nazi soldier to be executed and does a playful skip so his son (who is hiding nearby) will think he's ok.

Star Wars Episode III - the 'execute order 66' montage.

MGS2 - when Olga dies for her daughter.

City of God - when Lil Ze makes a kid kill a little boy using peer pressure.

Dancer in the Dark - too long to explain but if you like moving films and Bjork check it out!

The Godfather Part II - When Fredo gets executed.

Mewick_Alex

May 25, 2009
I don't cry! I'm a big, burly man!....*sniff* damn you Hotel Rwanda.

Also I guess Vertical Limit deserves a mention, it was just so BAD. I want that hour and a half of my life back

EDIT: And the ending of Half Life 2 ep 2 got me real bad, didn't see it coming.