What Race Do You Use In Skyrim? [And Why]

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
HeOfMalice said:
OT: Nord because NORD.
Also: Who wouldn't want 50% frost resist? Cold dragons? HA! Yeah okay buddy, you keep shouting at chilly wind of yours, when you done and want to fight for real, I'll be bathing in the FROZEN SEA.
Aye, I went for Nord not really thinking too hard about it. Enjoyed the scary shout early on, haven't used it at all later in the game. Nord rogue with fully teched 100 Smithing, selectively teched 100 One-Handed, master at both Conjuration and Damage spellcasting. Sometimes rough, but it was a fun ride to the very end, even though the insane damage multipliers seem to have made some supposedly tricky bits way too easy at times... and it didn't feel alright to put skillpoints into modding the merchants to have more money for me to drop my loot and precious crafted wargear on them. So late in the game I could not sell more than one piece of double-enchanted flawless gear on them before they ran out of money, which was a bit of a letdown. Especially the folks who I just gave thousands of credits to for resources or ingredients, they seem to be having either a gambling or a drug habit, I swear.

DeltaWolfson

May 9, 2011
I pick a Khajiit for all three of my characters, because they are my favorite race. No matter any style I play, I can still get it to work. Either it's 2hander, Sword and Shield, or Magic. I'm am really loving my Sword and Shield one the most though. Spellbreaker Rocks!

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I'm an Argonian Spellsword. (thought it was Battlemage until I actually checked the Wikia.)

Because I played an Argonian in Oblivion and it's sort of a tradition I've set for myself.

Plus they look really badass in Skyrim.

Annoying Turd

Jul 3, 2009
Kratenser said:
I play Argonian because back when I bought TES: Arena many years ago, the game didn't tell you what each race was until you got the stats screen, so I ended up being Argonian then. I got on with it quite well and so I've played Argonian in every other TES game ever since.
Hah just like me, but I decided to be a Breton instead in TES IV and V because they are overpowered.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Argonian, i've always loved the race and they have some of the best racial abilities; that regen is OP.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Breton. I hate Magic, so having a blanket resistance to magic with a power to absorb spells is pretty awesome.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I'm an argonian archer with allot of sneak skill but no perks in sneak and I don't use any magic so pretty much my only attack option is the bow, with a couple knifes for the occasion that I decide to stab something but my skill with them is pretty low.

jimahaff

Apr 28, 2011
Bretton, for the magic resistance, and because Bretton is well rounded enough to not limit me whichever direction I decided to go with play style. I really don't like feeling held back or limited, the more options I have the better I feel.

Pikey Mikey

Aug 24, 2010
An Argonian Assassin/Archer/Bastard.

I take/steal what I want (when nobody is watching of course), fence stolen ingots by making them into daggers and selling them to unwitting smiths, Shoot people, and backstab those I wish grievous harm upon, with my 30x Backstab Glass Dagger (Legendary) (always leads to an assassination animation). It's wonderful =)
(And the Extra Pockets skills (+100 carrying capacity))

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
I play a Nord Barbarian for two reasons- the first is that the story feels more epic if you do and the second is that my high elf mage started sucking once I hit level 30.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
Nord on my first playthrough, as I thought that Nord's would be most relevant to the game's story and such. He was kind of a jack of all trades deal, it wasn't very satisfying to play as. (Did manage to get him to level 50 though)

Started a new character, this time I picked an Orc, because they actually looked cool in this game. Specializing in Heavy Armor and Two-Handed Weapons.

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
Nord for the lulz of being in a nordic homeworld. Thought of being an orc but....ewww.

I got eaten by a poorly rendered dragon today...how embaressing
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/614969358017184531/C716E6872C6C5B8468BDAAD5311334D8AE111B71/

Ruagh

Nov 14, 2009
I went with a Dark Elf Warrior/Mage combo.

I'm actually new to the series, and only reason I went with a Dark Elf is that I just figured a resistance to fire would come in handy when fighting Dragons.

It has.