What Race Do You Use In Skyrim? [And Why]

Derick Wallis

Nov 23, 2011
I once beat up an argonian woman because she looked at me funny! plus their ugly as sin. (graphically the moddeling for them is excelent but i'm role-playing and my character hates argonians and orcs)...

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
I am so not original when my sneaky kaijit killer

Yes that includes using others to draw attention so that I can use my bow and arrow for bonus kills.

Nords yeah I see what you can do with it. The lizards? Yes I am going to play as one of them a playthrough. The Orcs..hahaha I am reserving that for asskicking. Bretons and the likes are just to standard. With Kaijit or Argonian you get to hear enough prejudice thrown your way. Yeah people don't like you I get it!

Orcs will be badass :)

Thraxen

Sep 13, 2011
Derick Wallis said:
I once beat up an argonian woman because she looked at me funny! plus their ugly as sin. (graphically the moddeling for them is excelent but i'm role-playing and my character hates argonians and orcs)...
But if you do that you won't recruit Derkeethus.
He's like... Elder Scrolls Garrus.

Dami Fayse

Jul 7, 2010
I was in a bad mood last time I created a character and I just really wanted to play with a cat called Scrambles.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
I picked Imperial because the description said 'good at combat'. That was all the convincing I needed.

sizzle949

May 4, 2009
First run through Imperial since it's a good warrior class and cause it seems the easiest to identify with.

After that I made an Argonian because they look badass in this game.

Dec 14, 2009
I play different races for different class types.

I have a female Bosmer thief, a female Breton mage and a male Redguard warrior (sword and board).

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
I'll always go with the Bosmer. Why?
The Lore is awesome.
I only eat meat and consume my fallen foes.
Go Cannibalism!

Sammi Costello

Mar 20, 2010
High Elf, because their racial ability - Highborn - may as well read, "For the next 60 seconds, spells you cast don't cost any Magicka." I need no other reason, but as a secondary reason, I've always loved spellcasters in any RPG, whether it be a videogame or a sit-down-at-a-table RPG.

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
Breton because it seemed to give the best old wizard-looking options (wrinkles, knotted beard, milky eye with a scar and tattoo).

For my assassin, I did a Argonian since I really like the way they look in Skyrim and haven't ever played a beast race in a TES game. It was only later that I realized I had accidentally made Thane.

aether-x3

Jul 15, 2010
Dark Elf, Because they looked cool, plus my main character in Oblivion was a Dark Elf.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
I went Breton semi-reflexivly. I had a horribly abusive magic using acrobat build in Oblivion, but needless to say that doesn't work here.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
I'm a sneaky Khajiit thief/assassin/archer with some decent proficiency in restoration and alchemy. The night-eye is my main weapon though, they never see me coming, but I always see them.

a werewolf. It's really useful for getting out of some tricky situations, and the disease resistance is awesome.

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
Recently deleted my last character to make a new one. I'm, by race, an Altmer, but from the roleplay perspective I'm Dorian, a Highborn half-caste with Nordic ancestry. He grew up on the outskirts of Skyrim as a hunter with a fascination of the Daedra and similar ancient powers.

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
Argonian. Originally because I thought I would be completely resisant to disease, poison and breathe under water but Hist skin, underwater breathing and 50 resistant to disease is still really good.

CAPTCHA:
command ufyings

Kachiporra

Oct 19, 2010
I play a wood elf archer, I was expecting to hunt dragons with my bow while riding a horse.
Sadly you can't shoot arrows while riding :(