What series needs a revival?

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
deserteagleeye said:
I'm disappointed no one has said this yet.
Shadow Hearts. The combat system was so tense and it had a great sense of humor and still managed to be serious.
My God, how could I have forgotten that series. Love it immensely, would really love to see one set during like say, the Cold War period.

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
phoenixlink said:
Vampire the Masqurade . bloodlines despite its flaws was an amazing game and id love a new one with a modern engine and properly done
___________________ said:
Shenmue. It's missing the last chapters innit?
Hell yes to both of these. While we're at it, let's add Jade Empire to the mix as well. I am also one of the minority who'd love to see Prince of Persia (2008?) finished up, that DLC was a worse cliffhanger than the original.

Oh yeah, and anyone remember Psi Ops? B/C that never got an ending either.

I thought this was going to be about TV/Film series, but there was a game that never got released for this series, so...

The Highlander. That IP would be primed and ready for a modern telling. Advances in tech would benefit both a film (make it cheaper to produce) and a game (make it easier to produce).

EDIT: Oh lord, Shadow Hearts...one of my fave RPG's..only thing was the 3rd one sort of floundered, esp in comparison to the first two.

While I'm at it...Legend of Dragoon...of course that'll happen right after FF7 HD Remake and HL3...which is to say never.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Well, firefly is a given. Dr. Horrible's sing along blog could use a sequel. I'd also like to see another Dino Crisis game, preferably one that goes back to the original premise, instead of that stupid genetically engineered "dinosaurs"(sarcastic air quotes) that were in the third one. The first two were so much better.

I'd also like to see more Monster Hunter games, though there might be recent games in handheld that I haven't heard of lately(haven't been able to afford a handheld since GBA). Busou Renkin, Kenichi: the Mightiest Disciple, and Kaze no Stigma are all anime in desperate need of more seasons.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Colony Wars would be great remade on the PS4...I love the original (though I haven't yet beat it e.e) and what I envision is a free-roaming, space-faring kind of game. PS3 could have made it possible but now that it's out, the PS4 will likely give us the shiniest version.

Shadowgate would be something I would love to see remade and with modern consoles being able to make such beautiful graphics, it could make for a really beautiful puzzle-based exploration kind of game. I don't see it having mainstream appeal...but I want it.

Teleroboxer. The worst thing this game did was being exclusive to the Virtual Boy...at this point, Teleroboxer could be sold with the Circle-Pad Pro on the 3DS...Then again...very few games that I know of utilize that peripheral...it could be a revival of the thing I guess...

AnthrSolidSnake said:
Turok. Always Turok.
Turok, Turok, Turok
I feel like an ass for forgetting about this o.o! Less Alien of course and more...ya know...lone, gun-wielding hero against hoards upon hoards of Dinosaurs.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Baten Kaitos
Conker
the Mana series
Last Bible
Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball
Skies of Arcadia

I'm sure I could think of a lot more if I tried, but these are the ones I'm thinking of off the top of my head.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Wargamer said:
My vote is Syndicate. X-Com got a successful isometric reboot, so why can't Syndicate?
Well it's kind of getting a revival via spiritual successor with Satellite Reign. It?s being done by one of the mains devs from Syndicate Wars.

I also thought I would chime in one more time to slap myself on the forehead for not thinking of this before but
Metroid. That series has kind of just gone away since other M. Maybe it hasn't been long enough yet to put it in this thread but...well I don't know.

mokes310

Oct 13, 2008
I'd love to see Freespace come back. I sank hours into those two games and loved everything about them!

rednose1

Oct 11, 2009
Scy Anide said:
I'd be up for a new Breath of Fire or Wild Arms game (preferably not just a reboot), or any other classic SNES/PS RPG as long as the game is faithful to the original/series to some extent and not just capitalizing on the nostalgia associated with the name.
I'm with you on the Breath of Fire deal. That series was awesome! It NEEDS to see the light of day again!

Bug MuIdoon

Mar 28, 2013
I'd like a new Onimusha. Though it needs to stick to the slight survival-horror formula the first game had, rather than the annoying anime-esque crap the rest of the games dragged in. (Typically Capcom)

I'd love a new Legend of Dragoon game too!

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of games that I'd love to play more of (i.e Grim Fandango) but their stories are complete and do not need any extra padding, so I'd prefer them not to get 'tainted' in that bad sequel way.

Tahaneira

Social Justice Rogue
Feb 1, 2011
Aean said:
I just finished Darksiders 2. I have to say the series is fantastic, with Legend of Zeldaesque dungeons and Devil May Cry styled combat it was a ton of fun to play. Unfortunately, the chances that a third game is released is worryingly low despite the series being fantastic because the company died off.
Have hope. There are encouraging signs [http://forum.nordicgames.at/showthread.php?178155-Darksiders] that Darksiders may yet live.

OT: I will raise everyone who said Age of Mytholology +1 and throw in Overlord. It's a good series, always made me laugh, and while the gameplay might not have been spectacular it was intriguing enough to hold my interest. I wonder what could be done with the same writing and a bit more polish.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
bafrali said:
Devil May Cry. shame they never continued the series after the third one. It was shaping up to be a really good one too. Who shelves a franchise after two games anyway?
Wait... You do know they did make a DMC4 right? It was pretty goddamn amazing gameplay wise.
Then it got revived as DmC: Devil May Cry......
It was...

And now its considered for yet ANOTHER revival, back to the original formula of DMC3/4.

As for series' I want revived:

captainordo

Mar 28, 2009
I would probable say Star Wars: Clone Commando, Star Wars: Jedi Knight, Mercenaries and Age of Mythology. EA and Microsoft need to make these. Hopefully EA will at least do one of the Star Wars games.
Mercenaries 1 was really good, but with pandemic studies gone, I don't think a third one will ever be made.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I know it's not dead enough to need to be revived, but Metroid needs to come back in some way. Other M might have hurt the Metroid brand, but many fans still wait for its return. Though I think we may see it come back on Wii U soon, I hope. :'(

Golden Sun, again, not dead, but it would be hard for it to return. The sales for Dark Dawn were pretty bad, but the creator or director said he wants to continue the story if there was enough of a demand by fans. Dark Dawn may not have lived up to the first two, but the story was left on an excruciating cliffhanger, I want closure!

Edit: Also Star Wars: Rogue Squadron. Rogue Leader was amazing, but Rebel Strike kinda...sucked. I would hate to see the series end on such a bad note. Perhaps a game that would include star fighter battles in other parts/time periods of the Star Wars universe would be the best thing to do.

Islandbuffilo

Apr 16, 2011
Ape escape: My second favorite game series ever, it a game about beating monkeys upside the head with a plastic lightsaber and capturing them in butterfly nets!

Monster rancher: Its basically what everyone wants pokemon to be combat wise, even training wise.
And more importantly:

TY THE TASMANIAN TIGER

Boomerangs and Mechs, wish more games had both.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
I'm another guy who wants to see more Banjo-Kazooie. The last installment was Nuts and Bolts, which wasn't a bad game, but was a bad Banjo game. Nuts and Bolts was released in 2008, which was 5 years ago. Not too long, but it's still a while. We also had the XBox Live Arcade re-releases, but I'm saying that I would like a new game, particularly one that returns to traditional Banjo gameplay.

Chrono Trigger was re-released on the DS back in 2008, but once again, that was a re-release. The last, and only other, game in the series was released 13 years ago, in the year 2000. We desperately need more Chrono Trigger.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
Xcell935 said:
I was making a joke about fan discontinuity but I guess I should have worded it better.

And I believe I have a good reason to deny the existence of DMC4. The dice. I could take the miserable excuse of a plot, half-baked playable characters and even the shamless backtracking. But whoever put the dice game in there needs to be punched in the stomach with a wrecking ball. Not even gonna mention the reboot because it hurts enough as it is.

Evonisia said:
I did and shame on you for ignoring me...and the poster a few posts above me.