What warning would you give to a new member?

hypothetical fact

Oct 8, 2008
hobo_welf said:
Never ignore your own opinions just because someone has over 10k posts. Or any number of posts.

amidoinitrite?
Almost just add in not to cave in to people with badges either and phrase the question so it isn't a meme and you're golden.

hobo_welf

Aug 15, 2008
hypothetical fact said:
hobo_welf said:
Never ignore your own opinions just because someone has over 10k posts. Or any number of posts. Or any number of badges. Or particularly shiny badges. Or even a quick and blistering wit.
All better?

Edit: So close, but so far...

captainwillies

Feb 17, 2008
FallenJellyDoughnut said:
captainwillies said:
don't talk about rape or feminism
Awww... why not?

OT: never talk about any of the following on this list:

Halo
Religion
9/11 Conspiracy Theories
Femenism
PS3
Xbox 360
Wii
Americans
coz i keep getting band for talking about rape

bluepilot

Jul 10, 2009
I am still kind of new here so I cannot really comment but it would be nice if newer members lurked for a while and got a feel for the place because there are some paperboys posting some pretty awful threads out there right now.

No one is perfect, but I like a good discussion when I can get one.

May 28, 2009
I think all newcomers should get a mail containing these sage words:

Don't resort to personal insults, and for God's sake if you do then please try something wittier than homophobic comments of "****** face".

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
use the search bar unless you wanted to be howled at every time you make a thread.

MaxTheReaper said:
Oh god please no more Halo threads oh god why please god strike from my mind the horror of six million "MASTER CHIEF ROX LOL" "MASTER CHIEF VERSUS SUPERMAN" threads.

/wrists

Seriously.
Cut it the fuck out.
*idly wonders* what if chuck norris and master chief got in a fight? Maybe I chould make a thread.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Dont feed the animals, dont sleep with the animals, dont pet the animals and if Max is killing the animals just look the other way...

Oh and if you plan on being friends with Max then dont be nice to him... thats only worked for me, I dont think it will work for anyone else. :D

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Before you do anything, just think: Who cares? If you can think of someone on The Escapist who will care, go ahead.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Souplex said:
nicholaxxx said:
Souplex said:
Just remember; I am god here.
really? I've never heard of you.*is serious* also I thought Max and Neonbob were the excapist gods?
Who do you think they answer to?
Wait...I'm a god now?
Huh.
Remember, I didn't say it.
And I take instructions from pamphlets, Souplex!
Never people.
Because pamphlets don't get uppity.
Oh, and I make the pamphlets.

Dancingman

Aug 15, 2008
Don't make racist/sexist jokes or comments, the mods don't really look kindly on that and I've seen suspensions for them, depending on how bad they were.

Don't post in a thread that you've reported someone, the mods don't like it for one thing (I was given a warning for doing it once), and it helps keep a bad thread up, which is always bad.