What was the last game you found yourself seriously addicted to? - CHAT WITH THE STAFF!

jm0258

Jul 1, 2009
"Star wars supremacy" and "master of orion two". Though old they where goodies.... i nearly failed my first year at uni trying to hunt down that bloody Luke Skywalker before i just vaped every planet in the galaxy in a death star fuelled rage.

Jinoru

Jun 30, 2009
Counter Strike: Source, Ratchet and Clank: Up your arsenal.
Those guns are so fun.

Aux

Jul 2, 2009
I was really into FFTA2 for the longest time. had almost 200 hours put into it. That however was months ago.

Trine however has perked my interest a lot. The demo was amazing! It is DLing to slow though. :( Only 31% done.

cprs_

Jun 29, 2008
Day of Defeat. Played it from beta 1.3b through to retail 1.3 and still love it. I can really enjoy games, but for some reason I will always come back to DoD.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Ehh...I'm not addicted, per se-- I buy I game, I finish said game in less than a week, I'm left with that empty feeling. The longest I've played total is...Assassin's Creed-- beaten the entire thing some four-odd times (clocking sixty hours). Close runner up is 2008's Prince of Persia (forty-nine).

EDIT: I forgot to mention-- I just came off an Overlord II hype-induced binge, clocking at twnty-eight-thirty-seven.

Boxmeister

Jun 27, 2009
Gears of War! I bought it. I started it. I finished it.
BAM.

Before that I think the one I just could not put down would have to be Warcraft, specifically the third one.
I have a thing for wood elves.

walkingdead127

Jun 24, 2009
I almost had to drop out of school because of fallout 3. I had to lend it to my brother so i wouldn't play it and start studying.

Apr 24, 2008
Fifa earlier informed me that I had officially spent more than 50 hours playing it. Which...really...made me feel like it was judging me...

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
I think... Team Fortress 2. Sometimes i do not touch it for a month or so, but then i can't get enough for days.

I think i am at around 150 hours wasted total so far... sigh.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
For me possible Guitar Hero or Dance Dance Revolution. At least you can play Guitar Hero until sunrise and not hurt yourself, I pulled a muscle doing that with DDR and couldn't walk for the next 3 days.

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
Fallout 3, completed it twice in the release weekend, then played it on and off for a bit, then trophies came out, BAM! Playing it again to get the trophies. Now with the oncoming release of Operation Anchorage, guess what's back in the console Fallout 3.

Damned game, consumes my life and electricity, which I have to pay for.

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
Only game I've felt addicted to in well over a decade, probably closer to two, would be World of Warcraft. While I was married, I played a lot of the game due to my wife never being home. Wasn't really addicted since I would stop the second she got home or if I found something better to do, but it was fun and I had a ton of time on my hand. But then came the divorce, and my life became WoW. I know it was mainly me not wanting to face the real world, so I dove head first into my character's world instead.

But then I found myself playing more than even that. I was not sleeping. I was calling into work to play. I wasn't satified with just one character anymore. Ended up with seven, all maxed level and well played each day. Had dozens of more characters across several servers also that I played with friends. I would sleep maybe two hours, wake, do about fifty daily quests, run a few instances with friends, and then raid, and then raid again on another character, and then another if time permited. If not, there was always some PvP.

Eventualy I found myself lost. Friends quit playing or fell behind, in-game material became irrelevant cause I already had it all, anything new quickly became old. And my eyes opened for the first time in a long time.

My friends, my co-workers, even my ex-wife were all still out there in the real world, just waiting for me. I greeted them all with open arms (except my ex) and quickly found there was indead life after divorce. It was time to move on and find myself again. The real me, not just some character.

Lord Thodin

Jul 1, 2009
Kingdom Hearts the original. I bought it as a present for a friend, but when it turned out that he hadnot intended on inviting me to his party i started to play it myself. Once i started playing, well suffice to say, i logged 98 hours into my first go round.