What was the most satisfying weapon you've used in a game?

McFazzer

Apr 22, 2012
I had fun with the Bow and Arrow in Far Cry 3. I could go full Rambo 3 with explosive arrow-heads!

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
AK74u....in any game. I dont know why, but I have a serious hard on for that weapon. My bread and butter in pretty much any shooter its available in.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Shotguns, especially in games with gore or games with ridiculous physics. I was playing WAR FACE when I decided to go into a game as the Medic (with their default weapon being a shotgun), the first thing that I noticed was that not only are they stupidly powerful, the enemies actually fly off their feet, making pretty much every kill to be satisfying.

Borderlands 2 Corrosive weapons (with PhysX), there is nothing better in that game than shooting someone in the face with a Corrosive weapon and watch them slowly melt into a puddle of green goo on the floor, its probably one of my favourite uses of PhysX so far.

Also, Sniper rifles on Battlefield. With bullet drop like that its just so satisfying to nail someone across the map and watching that Marksman bonus pop up. Points galore.<spoiler=Video><youtube=pZ8ozePe3rE>Please excuse the wacky music

MrFalconfly

Sep 5, 2011
Funnily enough I think it's the standard M16 in BF3.

It's flexible so you can use it for most situations. It's relatively precise, so you can take down targets at range. And it has full-auto in case you need to lay down suppressive fire. Not to mention, that in Battlefield Semi-auto fire is actually an option, so you can save your ammo.

Madman123456

Feb 11, 2011
While i use the "All american" gunmost of the time in Fallout: new vegas, which is a very versatile semi automatic rifle with a scope, the "Anti-Materiél Rifle" will have to be mentioned first. Impractical in close combat but shooting enemies in the face from the next town over is fun =)

zegram33

Oct 24, 2012
james.sponge said:
Vector cannon from Zone of Enders, because it can kill battleships and stuff :p
yep, no doubt that that's the best.
turning a skyscraper sized mech into a laser turret while the AI co-pilot reads off like 7 different dials....just so cool

also.... pretty much any gun from ratchet and clank, but the rift inducer from 3 even more so

Athinira

Jan 25, 2010
Counter-Strike 1.5-1.6 - the Scout sniper rifle.

Screw the AWP! The true skill of one shot one kill lies in the headshot! :)

DaWaffledude

Apr 23, 2011
Any of the morph rays from Ratchet and Clank. There's something almost soothing about flipping around during a firefight methodically turning your enemies into ducks.

Dedtoo

Aug 28, 2009
Norway
I think I'll have to go with Doom 3.
Yes, the whole game, as almost every gun there was damn satisfying! From the BFG to the humble flashlight, all of them are fun to use, especially the rocket launcher, with it's four rocket clip!

wickedmonkey

Nov 11, 2009
Weirdly, the secondary fire on the LMG from Red Faction.
<youtube=0_pFRn0_ITw#t=83>
Because it feels like this.
<youtube=DHQxtgPp7fM#t=16>

Also the Spider gun from Unreal 2, because launching spiders at people is *always* hilarious.

Edited for link-fails...

mateushac

Apr 4, 2010
The m1 Garand in pretty much any WWII game feels awesome. I love the little "cling" sound it makes when the clip is ejected.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Borderlands 2 Vladof Topneaa. Nothing has destroyed more enemies, demolished more strongholds...

Please forgive the uploader's choice of music if it doesn't suit you

...quite like this bad boy. Add in Grog Nozzle for shotgun rocket blasting hilarity.

EDIT: Have to add in DMC4's Pandora and Lucifer weapons.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Does "Force Push" count as a weapon in the Jedi Knight series?

There's always something hilarious about a casual flick of the wrist sending an opposing Jedi off the side of a 1,000 foot drop.

Failing that, the AWP from Counter Strike - despite being terribly overpowered - does bring with it a grand feeling of satisfaction... that distinct "boom" when you pull the trigger.

TheRussian

May 8, 2011
I'm surprised no one has said this before, the Sticky Bomb Launcher from Team Fortress 2.

There's nothing more satisfying to me than setting up a precise unseen trap and seeing a pack of enemies to walk near it and just have everyone splatter over the map. In desperate situations you can also spam with it, and the feeling of the weapon in general is very reliable.

Don't even get me started on sticky jumping.

captainballsack

Feb 13, 2013
Switch Axe from Monster Hunter. Oh boy are Switch Axes fun.

I suppose I should also mention Lu Bu's Halberd. That thing is nuts, although it is more because Lu Bu is nuts.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
The stake gun in Painkiller. Especially the sound it makes when it reloads... Actually, almost every gun from Painkiller, but especially the stake gun or shotgun.