What weapons are you proficient with?

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
I know how to fire a musket, and NOONE expects you to clothsline them with the bellows of an accordion, I'll tell you that much!

Also, my dog's lead has a moutain-climbing clip on it (we use it to tie him to posts and stuff). It's just the right size that you can fit it around your fingers and make a knuckleduster. I can use that, too.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
Krythe said:
Please tell me we have some Welshmen who can use the longbow in here - if only to restore at least part of my faith in the Isles.
Or Germans who can use a throwing axe/zweihander?
Scottish snipers/claymores?

I'm big on people getting in touch with their ancestral killing roots.
I could burn you at the stake for trumped-up charges whilst screaming the Bible in latin at you.

Would that do?

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Most semi-automatic handguns. Some revolvers, some shotguns. Longsword, Axe (any), Sledgehammer, Staff, Knives, hand to hand.

Krythe

Oct 29, 2009
GrinningManiac said:
Krythe said:
Please tell me we have some Welshmen who can use the longbow in here - if only to restore at least part of my faith in the Isles.

I could burn you at the stake for trumped-up charges whilst screaming the Bible in latin at you.

Would that do?
Something a little less trite. EVERYWHERE in Europe did that.

De Ronneman

Dec 30, 2009
I actually did karate for some years, though allready 5 years ago, I still whoop butt with the bo(fighting stick). Also, some of the standard techniques are etched in my mind thanks to my teacher...
I can use nunchaku, but I won't, because for every 3 good hits on the dummy, I'dd hit myself once.

I did have a fencing course for 6 weeks thanks to some schoolproject, but that's rather boring. Me and my friend usually wire fu'd the floret Tarantino-style...

I also had some schooling in shooting, I was a minor, so I only got to shoot BB's, but I learned that my hands are unstable with handguns, but I always get a great score with the rifle. It's an awesome trick on fancy fairs, inviting your mates to stand close to you for the picture;) They were truly astounded the first time I did it, and got it with the first BB.

nick n stuff

Nov 19, 2009
Jackson Randy Rhoads 3.

not a weapon really but it's genuinely what i grab when i hear a noise in the night...and it looks deadly

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
Pretty much any scoped rifle, although im not too shabby with iron sights either. Can't say I've fired anything on full auto though, so I wouldn't know how proficient I am with an assault rifle fired on anything other than semi-auto.

I can also hit a target at 25 metres with a pistol, though perhaps not with super accuracy (i.e I could probably nail a man-sized target, but I might not be able to hit him/her exactly in the eye or the bridge of the nose or something like that at such a range). Though I should mention that I've only shot with pistols one-handed (since those are standard competition regulations at my gun club). I might be more accurate using both hands.

I've spent a few years training kendo, so I guess I could handle a japanese sword as well, or at the very least get the gist of it(although far from a masters level).

I've had to use a knife in real situations for self-defense purposes, so I guess I got the basics down of how to fight with a knife.

Aside from those, I've got some degree of technical know-how as well as knowing a few explosive recipes by heart, so I could probably rig a weaponized explosive charge given the materials and some time to experiment.

That's about all the weapons I can think of at the moment.

Mozza444

Nov 19, 2009
I knocked a guy out in one punch last night.

And it was a punch to the chest.

Just thought i'd throw that in there..

Aeriath

Sep 10, 2009
Krythe said:

Do you mean sniper as in a bow? I'm fairly good with a bow, but sniping? Eh. I'd love to take up archery on a more regular basis, but it's fairly expensive.

A claymore is far heavier than any sword I have practiced with, but I could maybe defend myself for a few minutes with one.

Krythe

Oct 29, 2009
Aeriath said:
Krythe said:

Do you mean sniper as in a bow? I'm fairly good with a bow, but sniping? Eh. I'd love to take up archery on a more regular basis, but it's fairly expensive.

A claymore is far heavier than any sword I have practiced with, but I could maybe defend myself for a few minutes with one.
I more meant with a rifle - archery is traditionally more of a welsh thing, though that's not to say you didn't find badasses all over the isles. (I still laugh about how that burning suicide-bomber a while back was rugby-tackled and beaten into unconciousness.)

And practicing with ANY sword puts a person head & shoulders about most internet tough guys, claiming to be weapon masters with black belts in dozens of martial arts.

Zarthek

Apr 12, 2009
C-10 Rifle - http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/C-10_rifle

In real life: Shotguns, semi-automatic rifles as a general whole.

Pips

Nov 18, 2009
I'm proficient with bolt action rifles, longbows, recurves and compound bows, plus epee and foil.

I strongly suspect that some people on here are lying, though none quite so egregiously as Eren Murtaugh. I DO have a helicopter pilot's licence (non-military) and I know enough about the way the forces do things to know that a 19 year old claiming to fly not only an attack helicopter but a fighter jet AS WELL is full of crap. I started flying at 17, and was 19 before I got my PPL(H).

Heatray

Sep 1, 2010
M16A4, M249, M240B, Kar98K, Farming Equipment, Hands, Feet, Knives, Sharp Sticks.

There really isn't much I can't use, now that I think about it.

Aeriath

Sep 10, 2009
Krythe said:
Aeriath said:
Krythe said:
SNIP
I more meant with a rifle - archery is traditionally more of a welsh thing, though that's not to say you didn't find badasses all over the isles. (I still laugh about how that burning suicide-bomber a while back was rugby-tackled and beaten into unconciousness.)

And practicing with ANY sword puts a person head & shoulders about most internet tough guys, claiming to be weapon masters with black belts in dozens of martial arts.
Ah, I thought you might mean rifle but it was a bit more modern than the rest of the weapons. I doubt I'll ever get my hands on anything more powerful than a paintball gun though, there isn't much call for a gun in the suburbs. As for Smeatton, it certainly makes for some good jokes when you look at the absurditiy of what he did and the publics reaction to it.

I am competent with a Foil and Sabre in fencing (which are very light in comparison to a claymore) so I guess the basics I know may help, but I still get the feeling that I'd be very sluggish with the claymore.