What would nintendo need to have to get you buy a Wii U?

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
An affordable price and a decent selection of good games same as any other system would need to convince me to buy it.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
they would need to pay me to use the Wii U.
that's the bottom line, I don't like the Wii, at all, and I don't have any real desire to play games made just to profit off big-name hits of the past. I have a NES, I can just play those games themselves.

I guess I lied, there is one other thing they could do. If they released some good games(IMO), and fixed the control issues so that I can be assured that my character will reliably do what he's told the first time, instead of the 7th, then I might buy it, but neither of those things will happen, I guarentee it.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
If it is free along with every game ever made ever and actually gives me money for playing AND makes me irresistible to the opposite sex AND implements the touch screen well then I'll buy it...

Matthew Dunn

Apr 1, 2011
Games that are not just remakes of old ideas
Im looking at you Mario and zelda
Also that they look back at how most gamers prefer to play, sat down at a desk or on your couch
With something that doesn't make you look like a fool when your by yourself flailing about with a white brick in your hand
Sure some of the games they have had for the Wii were ok
but i regret ever owning it

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Capitano Segnaposto said:
TLS14 said:
snipquote]

Can you imagine having a new Zelda in HD while using the control scheme for Skyward Sword? Oh lord, I think I may be in heaven. What do you think?
Well, I haven't played Skyward Sword yet, but I've got a friend who says that the control scheme is ten times as accurate and smooth as Twilight Princess was, so I'd totally pick that up on release day.

It's totally feasible, too, considering that Wii remotes will be fully supported by the Wii U, so I think that the next Zelda game might be something akin to an HD Skyward Sword.

Rumpsteak

Nov 7, 2011
Let's see..

No friend codes or anything resembling them
A decent library on launch that gets expanded soonish after launch
Strong third party support
A reasonable price

Anything else I can accept without much bother.

getoffmycloud

Jun 13, 2011
Completely revamp their games by dropping every single of there beaten dead horse IP's and create something completely new and awesome and stop being dicks to third party developers so they want to make their games for the wiiU.

hyplion

Apr 29, 2010
there is nothing that can make me renounce my PC. Not really into consoles, controllers are not my thing.

Ddgafd

Jul 11, 2009
A full refund if I return it. That includes all the games. Then I would buy it, even if it's for novelty's sake.

Pharsalus

Jun 16, 2011
Complementary Japanese wife, a hot one. Sleazy I know but I haven't had anything to do with Nintendo since the N64.

Gnoekeos

Apr 20, 2009
All any console needs to do to get me to buy one is have a game that I really want to play be exclusive to it.

Cipher1

Feb 28, 2011
A machine that turns water into pure gold a gun that shoots shurikens and lighting plus a happy ending.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
The only reason I'm not currently planning on buying one is because I can't fucking afford one. If I can when it comes out, I will be buying it.

targren

May 13, 2009
Redesign it from the ground up, lose the idiotic Kindle-sized controller, and actually focus on making good games again instead of gimmicky crap.

Taunta

Dec 17, 2010
Probably pointless, cause I'm going to buy it already, but better third-party support. Lately I'm only getting satisfaction from indie games, so it would be great to have an XBLA-esque indie game arcade on the wii.

A new IP like how Pikmin was to the gamecube.

Less shovelware.

More mature games. I don't understand when Nintendo became the "all family friendly, all the time" console. They always had good variety when I was growing up.

Mother 3 in English. A final fantasy crystal chronicles game that's more like the original hacky slashy rpg and less like the turn-based rpg main series.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Azure-Supernova said:
Moar Harvest Moon. Enough, I don't care what console it's on. If the Wii U launches with or promises a Harvest Moon title I will buy it. Call me crazy, but for games about hard work and toil they sure are relaxing.
You and me both.

I'd like to see Pandoras tower released as well, more third party support, the ability to transfer games from the Wii to the Wii U and no more witholding games from other countries.