What would your career be in The Elder Scrolls?

Anatoli Ossai

Sep 5, 2012
Dovakin Non Profit Organization. Take Younglings on Dragon rides, take care of Dragon eggs and use the tourism to build a School and Hospital for the families for the Soldiers Lost in the War......Too real?

gaiusimperator

Apr 4, 2010
A monster slayer, witcher style.

I like money, and I like killing monsters. And, well, I hate other people.

Perfect.

galaktar

Nov 16, 2011
Apothecary. Alchemy skill always went up to 100 way before anything else. I was disturbed by the sheer number of dead alchemists in the game however. Damn spriggans always popping out of the woodwork.

AldUK

Oct 29, 2010
If I could choose? King of the Kahjit!

Reality? A farm-hand or dead in a ruin somewhere.

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
One of the Aldmeri diplomats probably. I have spent most of my life as the eternal 'foreigner'.

Even in my home country (Australia), most people think I'm foreign because - as a result of all the different countries I've lived/worked in - my accent is quite a peculiar breed of London-meets-Aussie-meets-Irish-meets-something.

I guess the horrific thing is that in Skyrim two of my main characters hate the Aldmeri with equal passion - one a Conan-esque Nord freedom fighter, and another a 'General Khale' (from Willow) brutally merciless Imperial oppressor. If they saw me on the street the Nord would cleave me in twain, and the Imperial would probably shield bash me off a cliff.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I'd probably just work for either one of the dozens of merchants out there or in the local castle/hall. Either way I'm pretty set.

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
I'd have to run your local house of earthly delights, killer profits & benefits & I would still get to bust the heads of unruly patrons. Win win for me, just gotta keep my eye on those skooma heads.

cswurt

Oct 26, 2011
I'd probably end up being human cattle owned by a nest of vampires.

That's basically what I am in the real world.

Anyone who isn't a billionaire is, now that I think about it.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Morrowind Era Argonian Shadowscale. Yeah, not much more to say about this.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
I'm going with toymaker. Especially since there's an endless market for it, and my customers can't die (until some weirdo mods it in).

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Esotera said:
Politician. The people of Skyrim have no democratic representation whatsoever, and it's implicated that the whole of Tamriel has suffered some massive disaster that has reduced its population and technological level to a feudal society. It was really easy to stir up rebellion between kings, it shouldn't be that hard to stir up a revolution based on a famine or two.

^So much this^

I'd probably do the same since I'm sick of seeing the two sides smug with their own filth as we have ulfric's side being racist against other species and the Empire who laud over their superiority and banning worship of Talos and having Thalmor as their means of rooting out the believers and either killing them on sight or locking them up forever and while it's all a video game the actual act of what they are doing disgusts me which is why I tend to kill all Thalmor on sight since the game doesn't allow deep discussions into convincing them in what they are doing is wrong on all kinds of levels.

Also the Blades since they want me to kill paarthurnax the very dragon who teaches the Thuum to mankind and in turn taught me and helped me save everyone and yet they are so ungrateful and idiotic to not see that I just saved their hides and for once would let me say a word in letting him live but since the game isn't that deep it pretty much means I can't join the blades in killing actual evil bad dragons from killing people.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
Gigolo
Some sort of adventurer I'd guess. But I'd spend most of my time in preparation, like finding out all about the tomb I'd be travelling to, getting an enchanted sword that works well against whatever I'd be fighting, stocking up on all sorts of potions including healing, mana, and invisibility in case I needed to leg it out of there. I'd also see if I could travel with a group who was passing by the tomb.

I'd probably try to become a disciple of Meridia so I could help to purge the evil fromt he world. Dawnbreaker would sure as hell come in handy too.

adamsaccount

Jan 3, 2013
I want to be a weather forecaster who slowly loses it and starts to believe that argonians are secretly controling every faction

waj9876

Jan 14, 2012
Depends. I would at least give an honest attempt at being a mage. Unlocking the arcane secrets and attempting to gain immortality and eternal youth. Might try finding Sheogorath, my constant swinging from Lawful Evil and Chaotic Good might just allow me to somehow convince him that if he were to give me eternal youth that I would be the source of a great many situations that he could derive entertainment out of.

Of course I would be the darkest mage Tamriel has seen rise in a long time. And I wouldn't have to even become a criminal, don't dress in necromancer robes, and don't let anyone see me using necromancy if I have to use it. I can just practice on the countless bandit hideouts that litter Nirn. Seal all of the exits in a way that would take a while to open unless you know exactly how to, and go to town with my horrible, dark, twisted experiments. Maybe even some research into eternal youth if I can't convince Sheogorath to help me.

If that didn't work out, I would probably go on to be a blacksmith. As a cover. I would in actuality be a thief. Breaking into the houses of those who do not share the same worldview as me. By that I mean those who are on the other side of the whole "civil war" thing. So I would probably hang out in cities that support Ulfric Stormcloak. Tons of houses to break into.

Steal from the rich and give to the poor. I would be a sort of Robin Hood figure. I would even have an iconic way of dressing. Black robes that do not hinder my movement, with a giant white eye painted on my chest and back. "Watcher." I would be called. Judge of the greedy and giver to those in need. I would then change clothes into a generic thief outfit, and steal back from the poor, keeping whatever I like for myself. Except for food I guess, and money if I can help it...Like I said, I switch between being Lawful Evil and Chaotic Good.

Probably going to give an honest to god try at being a dark mage though. Sounds way more fun. And hell, if I gain enough power, I might even raise an army of darkness to overthrow all known forms of government, and rule as the Overlord of Tamriel. Maybe even Nirn if my power and influence can spread far enough.

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
Battle mage for hire. You know--plate mail, menacing cloaks, storms, lightning bolts. If managing high voltages in plate mail sounds like a bad idea to you, then I'm glad you are not an employee at Bethesda, and my enjoyment of Elder Scrolls will continue unabated. Maybe when I retire, I'd could be one of the guys on High Hrothgar.