What would your career be in The Elder Scrolls?

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Adventurer.
Start off when I'm young honing my skills at swords, bows and restoration magic, as well as smithing and alchemy, then when I become proficient enough to survive in the wilds on my own I'd head out in search of adventure. Earn money from raiding bandit keeps, searching forgotten tombs, looting Dwemer Ruins and then returning back to some town to sell the stuff that I didn't need. I couldn't put up with just some ordinary life, even in this world that's too boring. Exploration and Adventure for me.

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
Creator002 said:
I'm really interested in languages, so I'd be some sort of scholar.
Seriously I once imagined it would be cool having a scholar class, where you could defeat opponents through your knowledge of lore in the books.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
Part of me thinks I'd be a merchant, realistically. Or perhaps working for some sort of publication, like the Black Horse Courier. Or an author! There are so many of them in Tamriel, seems pretty easy to get into it.

Ideally, I'd be a scholar, probably in some school of magic. Maybe all of them (barring necromancy, I'm not about to be locked up).

I just know I wouldn't be adventuring or city guarding. I think I'd love living a normal life in Tamriel, actually.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
Travelling enchanted iron dagger salesman.
Isn't that what most everyone ended up doing though?

Me, since I love horses, I'd want to work with them in the stables (ok, so what if my actual work with horses is almost none? I can dream, can't I?), and I could have my Frost with me all the time (ok, so in order to get Frost you have to be a part of the Thieves Guild and steal him, but in my little fantasy I just have him because... shut up).

3 legged goat

Feb 28, 2010
A hunter. I love sneaking around the woods shooting deer, mudcrabs, bears, dragons, and wolves with my bow! I find wandering more fun than doing quests.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
Based on my real life skills, I'd probably be some sort of writer or record keeper (taxes, battles, official decrees, or something as humble as a letter writer), because the literacy rate is probably not very high.

I'd like to be some sort of healer using restoration magic. Maybe a priest, maybe a cleric on the field in battles. You're always useful. Or perhaps a scholar/adventurer.

In reality? I'd probably end up as a barmaid or a prostitute being unable to find work and being useless at labour and killing.

solemnwar

Sep 19, 2010
Shadow-Phoenix said:
It's not exactly entirely the Empire's fault that they banned the worship of Talos. The elves kicked the shit out of pretty much everyone and the only chance they had of saving what's left (the Empire pretty much only consists of Cyrodil and Skyrim by this point, the redguard place (can never remember its name) is on its own after being abandoned by the Empire, IIRC) was to sign the treaty and agree to banning the worship of Talos.

The ones actively rooting out Talos worshippers are the Thalmor, and they weren't even all that active a presence until Ulfric and his followers started making such a big deal out of everything.

Before Democracy (or really anything other than empires and kings) can exist in Tamriel the thalmor situation would need to be taken care of first, considering they want to undo all of creation and all... dicks.

Also you can't really blame the Blades for wanting to kill Paarthy. He did some pretty shitty stuff back in the day, and just because he's nice NOW doesn't mean he's exempt from punishment. Sorta like how if some guy went and did a hole bunch of awful things in the past, but then decided to become a nice guy, he's not exempt from getting punished for it in our society.

Of course, Tamriel has only one punishment for anything: death.
Stole something? KILL THE BASTARD.
Punch an old lady? KILL THE BASTARD.
Put something you knocked over back on the shelf? KILL THE BASTARD.

... unless you agree to go to jail or pay a bounty. Then they're like "okay it's all cool now bye".
... Paarthy probably's just refusing to pay his fines.
This is now my headcanon.

OT: I'd probably be some commoner's wife. Or dead. Or both.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Either an innkeeper or the owner of one of Skyrim's meaderies. Honest work and your goods and services are always in demand.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
soren7550 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
That's why I picked it, lol.

Really though - bard.
Just promise us you won't sing Ragnar the Red and instead your own creative songs because I can't stand listening to just 3 songs in any lodge or my manors >.<

Feylynn

Feb 16, 2010
Magical research primarily in the field of Illusion.
I'm a strong believer in Reality=Perception and a master of the illusion is a master of reality. Skyrim has some pretty terrible illusion magic as it stands and I feel like I can improve on what they've got so far, the tree doesn't remotely evoke the purpose of illusion as it stands.

Alternately I aspire to be that guy from the book in Oblivion's Shivering Isles who tried to master Destruction magic as a healing form by purging his body of all weakness and disease. It did not end well but it was hardcore.

Edit:
I found the book for those that are curious.
The Liturgy of Affliction [http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Liturgy_of_Affliction]

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
soren7550 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
That's why I picked it, lol.
But if everyone is picking it, then not only would enchanted daggers be worthless due to an over inflated market, you won't be able to get a job since you'll forever be in a perpetual limbo of being over/under qualified for the very few people who'd be looking for a traveling enchanted iron dagger salesman to hire, not to mention that there'd be at the very least a hundred other people vying for the same employment you're trying to gain.

And with that, you want to know what you'll do? You'll become this guy [http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Snilf].

That's right. You'll be bald.

Do you want to be bald Mr. Sound? I think not, no sir, not when you have such nice hair! Without that head of hair, you'd be NOTHING.

Kickingbear

Jan 9, 2011
I'd like to be an argonian fisherman. Just fish, swim and do nothing all day. I cant get sick or poisoned so I would just drink any water. A bunch of dumb fish you can catch with your hands to eat. Hell I'd just sleep underwater in a log er something. But since I'm not a lizard man and we're exploiting the setting. I'd get arrested and wait for someone to need my help with something important.

Joel Azoulay

Jan 11, 2011
courier for sure my first play through of skyrim the courier got mugged and had no clothes tis the breezy life for me

keideki

Sep 10, 2008
I would probably be that guy who was killed by a dragon while the dragonborn was faffing about picking flowers to make some silly potion.