What would your career be in The Elder Scrolls?

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
aXFireXHeartXa said:
Say The Elder Scrolls was a reality and you lived on Tamriel at any given time period, what do you think you would do for a living? Blacksmith? Mage? Pirate? In Morrowind and Skyrim Dwemer ruins were always my favorite places to explore, so I think I would be a Dwemer Scholar, going into old ruins and studying them and writing a book or two about my discoveries.
..and I would steal your book, maybe looting the ruins too while I was at it. If it makes you feel better I'd read your book before selling it. :D

I would probably be a mercenary though in that world.

aXFireXHeartXa

Jun 24, 2010
Jfswift said:
aXFireXHeartXa said:
Say The Elder Scrolls was a reality and you lived on Tamriel at any given time period, what do you think you would do for a living? Blacksmith? Mage? Pirate? In Morrowind and Skyrim Dwemer ruins were always my favorite places to explore, so I think I would be a Dwemer Scholar, going into old ruins and studying them and writing a book or two about my discoveries.
..and I would steal your book, maybe looting the ruins too while I was at it. If it makes you feel better I'd read your book before selling it. :D

I would probably be a mercenary though in that world.
As long as you learned something from my book, I'm okay with this. :p

Karlaxx

Oct 26, 2009
Bard/musician. My eyes are very weak, which precludes me from almost anything in a seeting which doesn't possess eyeglasses, but I'm a talented singer with good ears. I could make it work, especially since it seems that they have Renaissance-y music at most, which is generally quite simple seeing as it predates most modern Western musical theory.

regalphantom

Feb 10, 2011
Ideally I'd be some sort of mage. I'm too clumsy to be sneaky and getting hacked at with axes isn't really my definition of a good time. Truth be told, though, I'd probably end up being one of those permanent loot-chest corpses rather quickly.

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
Doomsayer. If I lived in a world where a Dragon could swoop down at any given moment and shit on my day I'd be pretty miserable about it. Paranoid too.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Probably a smith. I like creating things, smiths often don't have to interact with anyone else, I know my customers are going to put my wares to good use, etc.

MrBenSampson

Oct 8, 2011
I'd get a job guarding merchant caravans/ships. It would be easy work up until the dragons arrive. At least at that point my rates will skyrocket.

Tdoodle

Sep 16, 2012
I'd like to think I'd be a hunter, because that's what I'm playing in Skyrim at the moment, but to be honest I'd probably end up being one of those guys at lumber mills. I do quite a bit of stuff like that at the moment anyway, lots of hauling around logs and carpentry and stuff, fending off the odd wolf attack with my trusty axe. Yeah, I could roll with that.

Ham Blitz

May 28, 2009
Depends, if based on my actual self, the best I could probably get would be a bar keep or shop owner, though I might try for blacksmith or alchemist.
If it is based on how I play the games, I would either be a archery trainer, a hunter, or most likely, a thief, since I pick everyone's pockets for fun.
I could also do what I did in skyrim and become the pick pocketing Jehovah's witness and sneak religious readings in to people's pockets when they're not looking.

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
Hunter, for sure. I mean, I practice archery in real life, and if I lived in a world where it was easier to make a profit from it then you bet I'll be taking it up. ^_^

TheCommanders

ohmygodimonfire
Nov 30, 2011
I would probably be a thief. I have to constantly resist my kleptomania, and in the technologically lacking world of Tamriel, I think I could do quite well for myself. Also, I'm a really good liar, so maybe politics?

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
Statistically 99.9% of us would be bandits, if I had the choice however I would be an NPC vital to the story of that time period's prisoner turned Lord Protector of the Entire Universe, I'd have 100 skill points in Plot Armor.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
The body guard to the main hero.

Who turns out to be... *GASP* he best friend and younger brother separated when they are younger.

I would have...

- Plot armor.
- A vital plot role.
- Warrior skills.

It's perfect!

If not... I would be another adventuring who parters up with the hero a couple of times. [sub]Who is a vital plot character... and his younger brother![/sub]

TakeshiLive

Mar 8, 2012
I'd be the entrepreneur who turns the transmute spell, a furnace, a smithery and an iron mine into a multimillion septim industry.

BeeGeenie

May 30, 2012
Scribe, maybe? Then again, Tamriel seems to have a surprisingly literate populace, so maybe that wouldn't fly.

I'll go with wandering minstrel.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
I'd be that guy right outside Whiterun who sells people their first horse.

That seems like a job I would enjoy.

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
I'd probably set up shop in Solitude as an Enchanter.
They bring the filled gems and equipment, I make it spark.