What'd you name your Shepard and why?

SleepyChan

Jul 7, 2010
Named mine Rachel. Since Mama Shep's name is Hannah, I figured I'd make her Jewish. Kinda pointless, but it fleshed her out for me.

kypsilon

May 16, 2010
Hammer, because I played a space marine in a table top RPG with that name. The whole game actually took on a really interesting perspective while I played him in it.

Seventh Actuality

Apr 23, 2010
Nova Shepard, because I was trying to roleplay her like a character in a story I was writing at the time. It worked surprisingly well, too.

Ninjat_126

Nov 19, 2010
duktapeman90 said:
I named my mine Adrian. 10 internets to the guy who first gets that reference. I used the default MaleShep so no pic for you.
Half Life Opposing Force.

I left everything as default, so I had John. But my Femshep will be named Commander.

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
Well, my Shepherd looks like me, so I named him Chris, after me.
And my Femshep's first name is Catherine, after my first girlfriend.

LackingSanity

Apr 15, 2009
I named my Manshep Vyvyan, because I had just finished watching The Young Ones and it seemed funny at the time. Then, I proceeded to play him as a Paragon sniper, which is about as far as you can get from Vyvyan Basterd as possible.

I named my Femshep Arianna, because I use that name for all my female characters.

Zeraiya

Jul 16, 2011
My main Shepard was female and her name was Lyra, simply because I think the name sounds awesome.

My second Shepard, also female, was called Raylen because it was a name I came up with and I was pretty proud of it. I also think it suited a Paragon Shepard nicely.

My third Shepard was male and I called him Mikael just 'cause I love how that names sounds ^_^

Blood Countess

Oct 22, 2010
Kali which was at the time the name of my girlfriend when I played the first one now my ex but we are still great friends

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
German.

But, yeah... When i do get a Mass Effect game i'll probably name him/her after a musician.

Maleshep:
Eddie Shepard
Tobias Shepard
David Shepard

Femshep:
Maria Shepard
Amanda Shepard
Anneke Shepard

Those're the ones off the top of my head. Feel free to add more awesome names.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
Jodan said:
Nalgas D. Lemur said:
Swivelhips Shepard, probably due to a combination of reading too much Heinlein at the time and a tradition of using the silliest names possible for serious characters. She has very dark skin, a bright orange buzzcut, a slight overbite, and an attitude problem. She will damn well save the galaxy whether it wants to be saved or not, and then punch it in the dick for laughing at her name/how she looks, because that's just how she rolls.
Mass Effect Heinlein stlye would involve going in to recruit the squadmate sit down talk for an hour or two with massive amounts of didactic expositon about their differnt points of veiw then they would flirt and have sex all night. this would happen every time. but thats why i love him
Half of them would also probably be related to each other in some way, especially if they were written later in his life, and they'd be good at such a wide variety of different things that they'd seem even more superhuman than they already do. They'd have no shortage of clever things to say or unusual social and political structures, either. Heh.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Male default face, Dos Santos (never try to name a character when my hubby is in the room)
female default face with black hair, Ophelia,
new female, Commander Amanda Shepherd, just like it for some reason ;-)