What'd you name your Shepard and why?

gellert1984

Apr 16, 2009
Cmdr. Gabrielle Shepherd. Red shoulder length hair, red makeup.

I tend to make all my characters in games the same.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Had a couple characters through the games...
the ones that I remember:

-Malesheps:
-Commander Shepard (how does everyone know my name? ), a soldier. Boring.
-Kaptin Shepard: because he never reached the rank of captain, and he secretly cosplays as a pirate captain when noone is around. Vanguard, for Vanguards are cool.
-ANGRY Shepard: ALWAYS ANGRY! ALL THE TIME!(yeah yeah... old meme is old, but it still made me giggle), full renegade, also Vanguard. Fits well with the personality and the fighting style of the Angry Marines.
-Don Shepard: Spaghetti and corpses. Neutral/Renegade, always choosing the most unlawful approach. Infiltrator.
-Femsheps:
I had many, but none of them had any particularly interesting names. Why? Dunno. They tended to either be Adepts or Vanguards.

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
Selene for my main Shepard (Fem) as I really like the name, plus it means "moon" so that's kind space related.
Ivy for my alt (Also Fem... What can I say, I just love Jennifer Hale) as I want that to be the name of my girl-child if I have one and I'd like to tell her stories when she's young about how she went around the galaxy saving the human race :)

Daroesb

Mar 3, 2010
My Infiltrator/my main character I called David after myself

My Soldier which I use for higher difficulty runs I called Jack after Jack Shepard from Lost

My female Adept I called Jane cause I couldn't think of a different name

And my Renegade Vanguard I called Christian after Christian Shepard from Lost and partly to try and add a bit of irony

Mark Flanagan

Apr 25, 2011
My manshep Infiltrator is called Lorne after a certain major and my Femshep Soldier is named Beka after another space ship commander (though neither of them look like their namesakes). Cookies if you get 'em both.

Landis963

May 23, 2011
Will was my MaleShep's name, because I was feeling unimaginative. If I had to try all over again from ME1 (say, with an unexpected hard drive wipe or something) I'd go with Alex for MaleShep or Natalie for a FemShep.

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
My first Shepard I named Patrick because I tried to make him look as much like me as I could. Didn't get it exactly right, but close as I could figure.

Next up is my FemShep, Amanda. I didn't stray too much from the default, though I changed her hair to a more strawberry blonde. I liked to think of her as a badass female version of myself.

Lastly is Tyrone Shepard. I wanted some diversity in my Sheps and that was the first name that came to me. His life is going to be a rough one, as most of the people in his life seem to keep dying. Can't wait until Mass Effect 2 to put him through the suicide mission :)

Hamish Durie

Apr 30, 2011
elmo shepard.........my little brother snuck into my room stole ma' elmo and then took so sticky tape and paint...well now he looks like me might stab me at any given moment.

Kadoodle

Nov 2, 2010
duktapeman90 said:
So yeah, self explanatory, gimme a name and and explanation. And just for fun, maybe throw in a pic or a screencap if you didn't go with the default look.

I named my mine Adrian. 10 internets to the guy who first gets that reference. I used the default MaleShep so no pic for you.
Is that a ZP reference?

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
duktapeman90 said:
So yeah, self explanatory, gimme a name and and explanation. And just for fun, maybe throw in a pic or a screencap if you didn't go with the default look.

I named my mine Adrian. 10 internets to the guy who first gets that reference. I used the default MaleShep so no pic for you.
Late to the game, but Half Life.

OT: Jack Shepherd. Because my name is Jack. Unfortunately, Jack Shepherd is also a Lost character.

Dingo John

Mar 26, 2011
Maverick Shepard...

The most manly name I could think of. Maverick... You just know trouble are inbound !

Lord Kloo

Jun 7, 2010
German...

I'm so witty it hurts, but OT: in the end I called him Nathaniel.. it seemed good at the time.. I've never had a femshep so I guess I would have gone with something like Amy, simple..

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
Book, because he's awesome like that.

Obvious reference is obvious, and if you don't get it you shouldn't be here.