What'd you name your Shepard and why?

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
SageRuffin said:
My FemShep goes by the lovely name of Erika.

Uh... yeah. Sorry about that. Anyway, she's named as such since my FemShep is loosely based off a character I created some time back of the same name (Erika Dumonte, the younger of two sisters).

If anyone cares, I can detail how ME!Erika and Sage!Erika are different, though there is a major similarity between the two: they're both Marines, and damn good snipers at that. Otherwise, I won't anyone's time with what could be a boring wall of text.
I'd like to hear (even if just through PM). I love hearing about how people characterize their Shepard :)

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
My current Femshep is named Jenny. I had NCIS in my head and I thought, "Why not name a FemShep after the incredibly badass Jenny Shepard from NCIS? Ironically, she looks nothing like her.

ASan83

Mar 11, 2011
Anthony, because that's my name. Not creative enough to come up with anything else.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
I went with names that were roughly consistent with the nationalities/characteristics I was going for.
"Doc" for my old, white Shepard
Damien for my renegade Hispanic Shepard
Elia for my female Irish Shepard, etc.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Hotara Shepard. Hotara has been a mainstay of strong, female characters I've played in the past (Hotara Hawke, for example).

Android2137

Feb 2, 2010
Su-Yeong because I made her Korean... In my defense, the whole point of the character customization was for unabashed self-insertion and Asian was an option here... As for why her last name would be Shepard, I dunno... She was adopted?

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
Me? I named him Odin. My brother? He named him Thundah.

I named him Odin because I couldn't think of any names and Odin is a cool name.

Gearset

Aug 9, 2011
I named my male Shepard Matt (after myself)... And my female Shepard Kay-lee, after one of the characters from Firefly

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
duktapeman90 said:
So yeah, self explanatory, gimme a name and and explanation. And just for fun, maybe throw in a pic or a screencap if you didn't go with the default look.

I named my mine Adrian. 10 internets to the guy who first gets that reference. I used the default MaleShep so no pic for you.
Benjamin Shepard or "Ben" for short. It's got a nice dynamic as it's simultaneously subtle and powerful.

My Fem-Shep is usual Ashley for the same reason.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
First sally because it was silly

then Jenifer because of obvious reasons, and it kind of fits

The Keeper

Feb 19, 2009
I named my Femshep Kaylee. I love that name, and it also serves as a nod to Firefly.

I also have a renegade femshep named Sylvia and a male shep (for giggles) named Zaiden. I've always liked that name. Unfortunately I forgot that Kaidan's name is extremely similar. Oh well...

Extasii

May 22, 2009
Carmine Shepard for my badass renegade Infiltrator that I roleplay as. (MShep)
Jacob Shepard for my "me" paragon Vanguard. (MShep)
Both brought from ME1 to ME2. Soon to be CE ME3 :)