What'd you name your Shepard and why?

TakeyB0y2

A Mistake
Jun 24, 2011
James, because that's... My name o.o

I could've stuck with the default name, John, though, because when I was about halfway through the game I stopped playing and watched 3 episodes of Two and a Half Men on TV and then when I went back to Mass Effect and got into a conversation, I noticed my Shepard looked incredibly similar to John Cryer. It was actually kinda creepy.

I named my second, non-canon Shepard Rise after the character from Persona 4 for no particular reason other than that I like the name.

Of-the-Lion

Feb 18, 2010
duktapeman90 said:
So yeah, self explanatory, gimme a name and and explanation. And just for fun, maybe throw in a pic or a screencap if you didn't go with the default look.

I named my mine Adrian. 10 internets to the guy who first gets that reference. I used the default MaleShep so no pic for you.
Half-Life: Opposing Force protagonist.
Default. I assumed that a fancy name would leave gaps in the dialouge.

Not Lord Atkin

I'm dead inside.
Oct 25, 2008
John Shepard. I can never be bothered to make up an appropriate name for my characters, so I use the defaults. Also, John is my actual name.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
My real name, Souichirou, Jennifer, Jessica and my newest one on my laptop, German.

Nicholas Woodruff

Cynical Cynic
Jan 2, 2011
Good old, John, because I'm lazy and uncreative. But if I named him, I'd probably go with something like, oh, I dunno... Damian.
Yeah, Damian Shepherd.
No, never mind, that sounds gay. Nope, no idea.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Roslyn because I just love the name.

mizutanitony

Jan 15, 2010
I named my male Shepard Alexander because it just seemd to feel epic for the mission he was on. The females I have a lot of with different names but my favorite is Leela...and guess why.

Sir Boss

Mar 24, 2011
Let's see, I've had;
Carlson ( I like that name)
Eleanor (Bioshock 2 reference)
Celestine (Warhammer 40K reference)
Hadrian (sounds manly)
Eliza (can't remember)
Adrianna (can't rememeber)

fair amount yes?