What's the Deadliest Thing Currently Within Your Reach?

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
I have three katanas on my wall and a laptop that is big enough to give a concussion right at my fingertips.
FEAR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ninjajoeman

Mar 13, 2009
linkzeldi said:
ninjajoeman said:
linkzeldi said:
ninjajoeman said:
linkzeldi said:
I have a copy of 1984. I suppose I could light it on fire and throw it at somebody.
if that was a copy of faherenheit 451 that would have been ironic but its not.
Well the only other things surrounding me are a DS and a PSP. I mean normally I'd have no moral qualms picking 1984 over the PSP, but I haven't beaten Birth By Sleep yet. So I have to work with what I've got. Unless I were to bash somebody over the head with my HUGE mac.
I was making a joke because Fahrenheit 451 was about book burning and is some what related to 1984.
I was pretending to be oblivious to your joke, as a counter joke.
And I was being oblivious to your counter joke to counter that joke! actually I didnt get that you were joking I thought you just didn't like PSPs as much as DSes which confused me.

GenericAmerican

Dec 27, 2009
Im sad, my pistola' isn't within reach right now...so, I have this shitty butterfly knife that's about too break. They ain't for fighting but a knife is a knife.

Frungy

Feb 26, 2009
soul_rune1984 said:
a lighter and an oil lamp.
Zippo fluid and a lighter... oh, and lots of other stuff, these threads always make me think that maybe I need to clean up a little... here's the stuff within reach:
PC, screen, bowl, empty beer bottle, usb fan, pack of cigarettes, almost full can of zippo lighter fluid, 2 lighters, bookshelves (lots of heavy books and CD/DVDs), plastic sword (my daughter's... experience has taught me that it can be quite painful if applied with sufficient enthusiasm), empty can of coffee, 1 liter bottle of water (half full), letter opener, iphone (there must be a self-defense app, right??), wireless router, pot plant (half dead), laptop, any number of children's toys (ranging in size from a small stuffed bear to a 1 meter long child's electric piano).
Yeah, I really need to clean up.

linkzeldi

Jun 30, 2010
ninjajoeman said:
linkzeldi said:
ninjajoeman said:
linkzeldi said:
ninjajoeman said:
linkzeldi said:
I have a copy of 1984. I suppose I could light it on fire and throw it at somebody.
if that was a copy of faherenheit 451 that would have been ironic but its not.
Well the only other things surrounding me are a DS and a PSP. I mean normally I'd have no moral qualms picking 1984 over the PSP, but I haven't beaten Birth By Sleep yet. So I have to work with what I've got. Unless I were to bash somebody over the head with my HUGE mac.
I was making a joke because Fahrenheit 451 was about book burning and is some what related to 1984.
I was pretending to be oblivious to your joke, as a counter joke.
And I was being oblivious to your counter joke to counter that joke! actually I didnt get that you were joking I thought you just didn't like PSPs as much as DSes which confused me.
Well I was explaining the joke to make your joke less funny.

Also the DS is slightly better than the PSP, only because there are no load times and I don't have any games for the PSP. Also there's no analog nub for my thumb to slip off of.

Or perhaps my PSP hate is oblivious.

GuerrillaClock

Jul 11, 2008
ethaninja said:
GuerrillaClock said:
Erm, a glass of water. Well, water can drown you, I suppose. I also have the potential items needed to make a coins-in-sock combo.
Or you could smash the glass on their face and use the shards to cut their throat? :O
It's a shatter-proof one i got from a bar, sadly! I could maybe use it as some sort of club, though, but still, don't come to me when the zombies bust your door down, you'd be better off sticking with the guy from page one with the fuckoff knife.

Vuavu

Apr 5, 2010
Hahahaha I guess TECHNICALLY the deadliest thing within reach is the pack of cigarettes sitting on the desk in front of me. But if we're not counting that, then I'd have to choose from: an umbrella with a very poky end, a sharpened pencil, a pocketknife, and a pile of glass bottles.

The Paradigm

Oct 12, 2009
A plastic wine bottle half-full of M&Ms. It might make a good club, or at least the enemy would be distracted by the colorful candy.

Comma-Kazie

Sep 2, 2009
Skorpyo said:
How about the Cetme .308 I just got finished cleaning?

And yes, I'm entirely serious.
VERY nice hardware! Best I have is my hunting knife . . . 10" blade is nice, though, no mistake.

zacconius

Sep 13, 2010
Within reach, i.e. what I can grab while still sitting in my ridiculously overpriced ergonomic chair (thank you ex-employer) would be the late 19th century cavalry saber or (if I stretch a little) the WWII officer's katana. Or, as previous posters have suggested, the most dangerous item may be the plastic bottle of cut-rate vodka. Lord knows it's responsible for more injuries than any piece of sharpened steel I own....

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
*Looks Around* Hmmmmm, well it's either this letter opener shaped like a sword or a big bottle of vicodin. . . . .although the vicodin takes away the crippling back pain and ushers in the happy so I'm rather torn.