What's the first class you usually play in RPGs.

kingthrall

May 31, 2011
usually go a two handed warrior and pick the heaviest weapon and play evil characters.

Or sorcerer if its like baldurs gate for example using d+d rules

Schuldrich

Jan 16, 2010
Generally a mage or a sniper. I like being in more of a support role. To me there's nothing more satisfying then nuking when I have to and saving my party when shit hits the fan. As a caster I can generally fill both roles. As a sniper I can take out the high threat targets first.

I tend to play as a good character, but if a game gets too boring I start rampaging. I had gotten through a good portion of Fable 3 when I started getting bored, so I just started looting and killing everyone in town. I did a similar thing in skyrim. Look, I know it's tough to be a woman in this game. Stop telling me that everytime I pass by you. Annoying.

Oh, that does bring up an exception. If there is the option to make weapons and armor then I'll go melee. I enjoy being melee when I'm making all the gear I'm using. Not sure why, it just seems satisfying to be crushing heads when I made the maul.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
If given the option, I will play as the guy who talks his way through every conceivable situation. Or a Druid. If neither is really viable, then I will be a wizard

HarryScull

Apr 26, 2012
I normally play a balanced class so I can experience a bit of each play style, then i give up once this class become's a weak build and enemies start killing me easily (normally between level 20-30 out of 50) and pick the most effective/fun and do my 1st full play through with that class

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Rogue/Thief usually. I like the risk-reward of sneaking around and assassinating/stealing stuff.

Though I'll sometimes play a Red Mage type of thing (black & white magic) if I'm feeling magic-y.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
If it has a Monk class I usually pick that. They can usually hit pretty hard and have a bunch of other really cool abilities.Plus it's pretty bad ass defeating monster with nothing but your fists. Since you usually don't need weapons or armor you end up with a ton of money since aren't constantly buying and maintaining gear.

RedRockRun

sneaky sneaky
Jul 23, 2009
Heavy armored 2hander warrior. Then I run into the boss that forces me to tank and restart the game.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Warrior / Paladin
Wizard
Rogue

I typically follow that order because it is commonly follows the difficulty curve for many games. Warriors are the easiest, Wizards are in between and Rogues are the most challenging.

In D&D I prefer Controllers with occasional Striker type powers or vice versa.

Daeggreth

Oct 22, 2009
I love playing characters that shy away from the traditional warrior/mage/rogue archetypes. Things like the mesmer from Guild Wars, Lilith of Borderlands, monks in D&D, basically anything that I find to have an interesting mechanic or playstyle. I do however have an inordinate love of stealthy long range characters and usually have at least one character built so in any RPG I play.

As far as moralistic/RP'ing? I tend to play good/neutral. I actually prefer more morally ambigious chars and play that if possible but it seems like there is/was a trend going around that punishes players for not going pure good or pure evil and I find myself unable to play a pure evil character.

Whitewillow

Mar 30, 2010
I've always enjoyed wading in and hacking things to bits, so I usually go with Warrior first. Either sword and shield or dual wielding. For games like Mass Effect generally something tanky.

For the moral side of things I usually go chaotic good/Robin Hood like. I'm generally picking the save-the-world-and-everything-in-it options but I enjoy sticking it to the system.

WaReloaded

Jan 20, 2011
Well, if we're talking about tabletop RPGs, I'm drawn to being a Bard so that I can actually write my songs and play them to the group (although it doesn't happen as often as you'd think). However, as for video games, I'll usually start off by choosing a Warrior or something along those lines, I think it's because I just like the idea of roaming the world with a sword and shield, very appealing stuff.

miketehmage

Jul 22, 2009
Diablo 2: Sorceress
Dragon Age : Dual wielding warrior
Oblivion: Assassin
Skyrim: Assassin
Fallout: Sneaky guy with small guns and speech skill (Some sort of rogue I guess?)
Mass effect: Soldier

And in Diablo 3 I intend to play as a Wizard.

So I guess I'm kinda mixed. But in general if you asked me, I'd probably consider myself a mage. As it was my primary class in WoW for 3 expansions.

King of Wei

Jan 13, 2011
The rouge type classes would be my first choice. With the stealth, traps and other status effects that usually come with them, they make for great tactical gameplay. Plus with lock picking I'm guaranteed to be better equipped/better funded than I would be with other classes.

Spitfire

Dec 27, 2008
I love stealth, so more often than not, I'll go for the rogue/thief class or something to that effect.