What's the hardest boss fight that you've recently played?

Aaron Foltz

Aug 6, 2012
Old game but Metroid Prime omega pirate. I know, I probably suck but this dude was hard as hell. When people ask about difficult bosses it's the first one I think of.

BadgeMan

May 21, 2009
Alma in Ninja Gaiden, probably not the hardest fight in the game but I remember repeatedly getting mauled at it.

More recently probably any boss from dark souls lol

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Estranged180 said:
WoW Killer said:
BNK-3R on TVHM was a real shit. That's all I can think of that I've had problems with recently.
You've not met Hyperius or Master Gee yet, have you? The first is a pain in the arse, the second... well, beat the first one first. After that, you'll understand my issues with him.

OT: Hardest boss battle to date, is the damned Dishonored ad at the bottom of every page =)
Master Gee, holy shit.
You can have the best possible gear, hell a full team where everyone has The Bee and a conference call, and still be manhandled all the way back to last week in that fight.

Agow95

Jul 29, 2011
I haven't had any hard fights recently, so I'll just say the hardest, the Archdemon from Dragon Age Origins, the first time I fought it I didn't know you could turn the nearby catapults around and shoot it for decent damage, and I ended up fighting him head on, I did it but it was solid.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Oh the final boss fight in Dust: An Elysian Tail. I assume it's the final boss fight anyway, the story has nowhere else to go and the fight has at least three stages to it each more bullshit than the last. I haven't beaten him yet so bare with me

The guy randomly decides to parry you while you're comboing him, you have to parry him every half a second, there are little enemies that can silence OP Fidget which ruins my entire playstyle pretty much. He has invincible moves but the dodge makes it workable. They've managed to make the boss intimidating enough that he's difficult but you know you can beat him. As in he feels more powerful than Dust but still beatable if that makes sense.

Not like some bosses in other games that just rip all hope out of your heart within the third attempt and you give up to cry in a corner and eat some chocolate to feel better.

It's fun actually, it wouldn't be right if such a hyped up epic conclusion turned out to be a piece of shit five second job coated in shattered dreams. Incidentally who remembers Fable 2?

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Estranged180 said:
WoW Killer said:
BNK-3R on TVHM was a real shit. That's all I can think of that I've had problems with recently.
You've not met Hyperius or Master Gee yet, have you? The first is a pain in the arse, the second... well, beat the first one first. After that, you'll understand my issues with him.
Weird I found Master Gee to be easier than Hyperius. Master Gee just requires a much different approach to combat than you often see in Borderlands 2. Plus, if you bring an immunity to corrosion shield, then you won't have too much trouble against him. Also, always have Infinity with you in case you some how run out of bullets.

I find Hyperius more difficult because at the start of the fight he releases those two huge explosions that you can't dodge. After that he's not too bad. It's just staying alive while you're in the red zone at the beginning of the fight that I find can be challenging. BTW, throwing the Baby Maker at him does a LOT of damage. It might be a bug, not sure.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The great big fire elemental in the Ausra starter zone.
The boss itself is one big fire that spew out AOE fireball which when getting hit will knock you down. When you're down you may (highly) get hit again which will cause you to loose all of your health. Trying to revive it impossible because of the same action above.
Also at the same time, that fire will create smaller fire elementals which again got some AOE fire spell.
To make things worse, there is only one entrance to this boss which is like a mini bridge and those mini fire elementals often wander near the bridge therefore it will becomae a chocking point.

Sure the intial strategy is to not get hit, you got to keep running while fighting but it is easier said than done.

Last time I went up against that boss, my character was pretty much naked at the end (your armour get damage whenever you died but if you do not repair it, the damaged armour piece will dissapear but it will reapeal once you get your armour repair).

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Slenn said:
Remelia

F**king

Scarlet.
Well, yes, she's bad enough but just wait till you met her sister!

As for me, hmmm...well, let's say I tried to be all tough and brave with a GW2 group and went AC explorable the moment I hit level 35. Lieutenant Kholer totally wrecked our shit. Not that he's that hard once you figure him out (and as an added bonus, you can sometimes troll him very hard, literally), but One Does Not Simply Defeat Lieutenant Kholer.

Lrbearclaw

May 19, 2009
Wolfhowl the shadow lurker said:
Saren body taken over by the reaper at the end of mass effect 1 he resets your powers, overheats your guns and all thats on top of the normal damage he does

only took me one try but their where a lot of close calls but thats mostly due to the fact this is my 2nd shep
Really? My first Shep (Soldier) had NO issue with him. I had him dead in about 30 seconds or so.

My "Hardest" boss in recent (last 6 months) had to be Titan Joker from Arkham Asylum. Why? I was using a keyboard and mouse. No camera control and 4-way directional control.

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
Fighting Marburg from Alpha Protocol as an almost strictly stealth character is very annoying, but if you play as a balls out, guns blazing character hes not difficult at all. This is also pretty true of Brayko too but his stage makes it easy to out maneuver him.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
MellowFellow said:
This is also pretty true of Brayko too but his stage makes it easy to out maneuver him.
Or if you did Taiwan first, you can just have Steven (who's one Heck of a guy, just don't actually call him Steven) ship him some spiked coke. That was fun.

Spydercake

Oct 29, 2010
Persona 3, Nyx Avatar on Maniac.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF...

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
Gwyn Lord of Cinder, from Dark Souls. Pretty much battered my way through the rest of the bosses (4 Kings were pitifully easy for my build), but this guy really stood his ground. Took me a great number of tries before I finally got him.

Before that though, I thought the first Letho fight from The Witcher 2 was pretty tough. I mean, he's a bigger, tougher, better version of you after all.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Well for me I guess that would be the Master from Fallout 1.

It's not so much that HE was difficult, but he has his super mutant soldiers coming in from the hallway into the room he's in to help him out. Between him and those guys, I tend to die rather quickly.

That is, until my second playthrough in which I started out with the fast shot perk, invested a bunch of points int energy weapons, picked out the Action Boy and Bonus Rate of Fire perks which increased the amount of AP I had and decreased the amount of AP used respectively, and finally, acquired the Plasma Rifle and had it upgraded to the Turbo Plasma Rifle.

The result? I attack 4 to 5 times per turn rather than once per turn, doing between 35 and 70 damage each time.

The Master and his super mutant reinforcements didn't stand a chance. >:)

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Kingdom Hearts 1's Sephiroth battle, in my yes, has stood the test of time as the most difficult boss battle of any game I've played, and that includes numerous very challenging RPGs.

Damn is he a doozie. He can take you out in seconds even if you're of appropriate level to beat the game.

Regardless, there's a pattern to all of his moves and nothing he does is overtly unfair per se. You just need to keep your rhythm and a hell of a lot of good timing.

I found KH2's sephiroth to be slightly easier.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
Wakikifudge said:
Estranged180 said:
WoW Killer said:
Weird I found Master Gee to be easier than Hyperius. Master Gee just requires a much different approach to combat than you often see in Borderlands 2. Plus, if you bring an immunity to corrosion shield, then you won't have too much trouble against him. Also, always have Infinity with you in case you some how run out of bullets.

I find Hyperius more difficult because at the start of the fight he releases those two huge explosions that you can't dodge. After that he's not too bad. It's just staying alive while you're in the red zone at the beginning of the fight that I find can be challenging. BTW, throwing the Baby Maker at him does a LOT of damage. It might be a bug, not sure.
MAster Gee is a pain because he has so much damn health. Once you get his shields down you just have to avoid him for ages and there doesn't seem to be any easy way around it, plus if you accidentally kill too many of his worms you'll wipe due to the poison filling the room.

I think I had to run at him 10 or so times before he went down, though we nearly had him on our 3rd run, until he vanished from the arena and stopped taking damage due to some kind of glitch.

Hyperius was pretty easy, you can break him if you have a Tediore SMG with a lot of bullets, a Tediore Relic that increases clip size and damage, and a Bee shield. He'll go down before his shields can come up, then you just have to mop up his minions.

johnnyLupine

Nov 19, 2008
Omega from ffx, im currently leveling up as much as I can in the hopes that I might be able to defeat all of the dark aeons, if I manage that I might even give Penance a go.

Peahats

Aug 6, 2012
Aaron Foltz said:
Old game but Metroid Prime omega pirate. I know, I probably suck but this dude was hard as hell. When people ask about difficult bosses it's the first one I think of.
Oh man, That freakin' boss on Hypermode is the worst.

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
As I'm playing Binding of Isaac frequently, I'll go with the main boss
That's Isaac. Fuck him and his abilities that make som builds unplayable. There is challenge and there is insanity, and he falls to the latter category.

Other boss I hate with passion because how stupidly hard he is:

I've decided to replay Diablo 2 recently (while waiting for Runic games to release mac version of Torchlight 2) and he killed me about 7-8 times.