What's the meaning of your username?

rocketdive2001

Jan 2, 2008
"Rocket Dive" was the title of a song from the late hide of X-Japan. It was one of his hits after the group disbanded and i really liked that song ... and when i first created my Yahoo mail account back in 1999 ... guess what i used as my username? :)

As you may guess, someone already used "rocketdive" or "rocket dive" already, so i stuck a 2001 to get my username and i've kept it ever since!

The music video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4Y3ckYlh_g

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
I fix things, that's it I just fix stuff. In fact I'm going home this evening & fixing the brakes on my sisters car. So yeah...

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
It's a portmanteau of the some of the most generic words you can have in a username.

Still think it suits me, though.

Raikas

Sep 4, 2012
It's the alternate name of the main character of a (really cheesy, in retrospect) fantasy novel that I read when I was in high school. I've been alternating using it and another name (one with similar origins) online for ages.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
First Dungeons and Dragons Character. Evil megalomaniac who would set himself up as a damn dangerous person in his own right. Escaped Hell. Twice. Eat it Elminster.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Rush Syks said:
<---------see here

It's the name of the main character in "The Last Remnant", the first big JRPG to make it to PC in ages. Where it rocks by the way, not like on XBox 360, because it has been massivly overhauled gameplay-wise.

To be honest, he actually is the most annoying character in the game but pronouncing his name with a fake Japanise-Anime accent is just so much fun.
He's better than Vaan Ratsbane. That's all that matters.

KrossBillNye

Jan 25, 2010
Kross- The TF2 clan I joined. Best place to chill with friends and act crazy in my opinion.

Billnye- My user name I chose. Since I loved to play engineer and kept screaming out SCIENCE! every time my turret would go on a rampage.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
I wanted to come up with something cool for my first Gamertag on Xbox Live, so I went with FirstToStrike. I made this profile not long after I got my gamertag.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
3 Guesses.
Ok ok, to make this an actual post: It's my name.
My actual name. I didn't realise that was my username I was inputting, and couldn't be bothered to change it after I found out.

But for most things, I'm "Ziplock60" after a character from "The supernaturalist". One or two other stuff, I'm called "FethinMadLarkin", after a character from Gaunt's ghosts, and my breif but forfilling preference for sniping in games.

Paflick

May 26, 2011
T'was my father's username. He stopped gaming, so he passed it down on to me, just as I intend to pass it down on to my own son. Or daughter.

Actually, you know what, nevermind. They can get their own damned username, this one is mine.

Nov 24, 2010
Colour-Scientist said:
It means 'great wise one' in German.
I think it's quite fitting.
farb-wissenschaftler, du solltest dir ein besseres wörterbuch suchen.
or stop trollin ;)

großer alter weiser sounds very weird. imho.

well, i like biology and i like bacteria-i am student of biology^^

so my nicname is a mix of
firmicutes- a phylum of bacteria: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firmicutes
and cute

so-firmicute- one bacteria of the phylum firmicutes which is cute^^

e.g. this one:

or this guy:

( by (c) http://www.giantmicrobes.com

(i love my plague, its so cute^^)

Seydaman

Nov 21, 2008
Seydaman was the name of a character that I traded for during my WoW days. I just stuck with it since then.

Varrdy

Feb 25, 2010
My nickname has been "Wardy" since I was a nipper but the username "Wardy" seems to be taken everywhere I go. I refuse to add a random bunch of numbers after it, because that's what teens in chatrooms do. Instead I use "Varrdy" as it is how my Swedish friend pronounces my nickname in his accented English.

chinangel

Sep 25, 2009
welp, lemme tell you a story.

a young transgirl strugglign to find some way to vent her frustration at her birth gender, she stumbled across Ranma 1/2 and became engrossed in the story, reading story after story and diving into the fandom: losing herself in the countless fanfictions out there and writing many.

And they were all about a red headed girl from china. A girl who was angry and oft called an 'angel' by one of her suitors.

A china angel.

chinangel.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Storm
+
Shaun
=
StormShaun.

Simple, no?
Basically, I really like storms and lightning. Lightning is my favorite element and I'm obsessed with Angels/Archangels.
The Archangel I am most interested in is Barakiel the Archangel of lightning and luck.

So there is the story of my name.
I like Storms because of the Archangel of lightning.
And my first name.

I gotta love it.

BandicootPower

Jun 14, 2012
I'm a massive fan of the PS1 Crash Bandicoot games. 'Bandicoot power!' is something Coco Bandicoot would screech as she overtook you in Crash Team Racing. It used to annoy the dick off me. Apparently it used to grate me so badly I still remember it more than 10 years later. The phrase just jumped into my brain when trying to think of a Xbox Gamertag and now I use it whenever I can.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
My username, you say? Why, it just so happens to be my real first name...

Yes, that is true. I have a rather unique name...