What's the most you've ever been dissapointed by a game?

DSK-

May 13, 2010
Unreal Tournament 3. It was hoped that it would save the dying competitive community and rejuvenate it with an influx of new players. It turned out that when it was released it was a buggy piece of crap. The main menu settings were composed of sliders instead of numbers (so for example, your sensitivity had to be chosed by a slider instead of a value like 1.39 or 1.20) and the lack of advanced graphical settings made it hard to get more that 40/50 FPS at the very lowest of settings. The server browser was one of the worst things I have ever seen, lacking the things that UT2003/2004 and even UT99 had. It was also very unstable.

It was unbelievable. The movement wasn't at all bad, but the weapons seemed completely nerfed when I first played it.

It needed 2 patches just to make it playable. Which is why I have no faith in Epic games any more.

Thank you Epic, for Unfinished Tournament 3. Long live UT2004!

not_you

Don't ask, or you won't know
Mar 16, 2011
Well, Duke Nukem: Forever... no explanation necessary...
I think that'll do...

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
SSB Brawl is the only game I hate. Failure in mechanics and design. After that, I made sure to do some research before buying anything.

Kekkles

Feb 19, 2010
LiberalSquirrel said:
Oblivion.
That one.

I have a MASSIVE list but I won't get too deep into it.

I'll just leave by saying Bethesda are just a massive disappointment to me... Though after playing Skyrim their streak might end, as long as post-demo experiences aren't as terrible as expected.

Matt Hancox

Sep 30, 2011
I would say No More heroes; the controls just really didn't do it for me. I mean I tried being fancy with the sword swinging, until I found out that I got the same effect by flailing around. It just didn't feel very immersive.

But I have to say Bleach: Shattered Blade.

So it's a wii game based on a manga I like and allows me to play as my favorite characters in a tournament fighter featuring sword swinging, motion controls.
Then I find that i had the same issue that I had with No More Heroes, coupled with monotonous gameplay.
Probably the worst for me was the super moves (or Bankai) which is where the characters go super saiyan for a couple of seconds before returning to normal. I know it's supposed to balance gameplay, since not all characters can go super, but come on! Give me a few seconds to learn the new moves before taking them away!

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
Either Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 or Halo 3.
C&C: My friend declared it the best game of all time, so I bought it on his recommendation. It had some good features, but not enough to justify the hype he gave it.
Halo: The single player followed on from H2 which I've never played. The game put me off Halo until ODST came along and gave me faith enough to risk buying Reach. Both were really good games which I go back and play with my Halo fanboy friend.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
Spore, it sounded like it would be the best simulator, city builder ever. Of course not, it failed in every regards ...

Serge A. Storms

Oct 7, 2009
I never actually bought it but playing it with friends I don't even get why they made SSB except to add another layer to the money pile. The additions made it a weaker game than SSM.

Gameslayer_93

Jul 17, 2009
Dragon Age: Origins, the combat was THE most frustrating thing i have ever seen, then again i'm not exactly a fan of party combat games, so thats probably why :S

Ayay

Dec 6, 2009
That would be Oblivion ..but its a close call with GTA4. Both titles made me quit looking forward or even care about the series.

Shirastro

Sep 1, 2010
My biggest disappointment has to be Dragon Age 2.

Second one is Oblivion.
While i think Oblivion is a great game, it didn't match my over the top expectations.....and i blame the game for it :D

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Spore.

I was following that game since 2005...

...why Maxis? Why?

At least I can thank Spore for teaching me to never get so hyped up about a game ever again (before then I had never really been disappointed by a game).

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
Final Fantasy XIII.

Do I really need to explain? Really?

Okay, fine.

Vanille, the fact that all the more interesting parts of the story are buried in the Datalog, Vanille, the fact that the ending doesn't make any kind of sense unless you read the Datalog, Vanille, the way you don't have the full battle system open to you until your 2/3 of the way through the game, Vanille...

I could go on, but I believe I've made my point.

Vanille...(*seething*)

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Halo 2 and ODST, although I never owned them I just borrowed them and glad of it aswell i got majorly bored.

windlenot

Archeoastronomist
Mar 27, 2011
I reaaaaally like Borderlands. Like, I love it. BUT, I just hate the ending. Well, I won't spoil it, but I hated that for all the others who have experienced it. Oh, and I felt like all the rocket launchers were garbage.