What's your controversial opinion?

Jul 5, 2009
Dango said:
Death_Korps_Kommissar said:
Dango said:
Dango said:
Science has not, and never will, rule out the exist of a higher power.

Despite not being religious, I believe religion is one of the most beneficial parts of humanity, and it is what has caused us to progress for thousands of years.

Killing someone is never justified, with the exception of having no other alternative to saving another's life.
I agree on points 1 and 3.
How ever with 2 you are so very wrong. We progressed as a species because we were curios, because we had a desire to see how things worked.
Religion says it's magic so deal with it. Saying god done it gets us to the arse end of no-where and can even prevent our progress. Go ask Galileo.
Galileo's studies never would have occurred without support from the Pope and other officials within the church.

Religion is what funded and provided nearly all advances in society, art, and science during the Renaissance and Medieval periods.
Fuck the renaissance. Ancient Greece was on the verge of an industrial revolution and the celts had mapped the stars, almost all was lost because of the roman empire, especially when the Pope took over and thousands of "pagan" writings were burned, like all the books in the library of Alexandria. But ironically anything we know about the celts and Druids was saved thanks to Irish monks :p
But then of course, we should never have been in the situation in the first place.

Tl;DR the Renaissance was just us rediscovering this the Greeks discovered 1500 years before hand.
The Roman Empire would have screwed up everything, Christian or not. Pre-Christianity it was just an empire based off propaganda and nationalist extremism.
True, but at least try saved some of the stuff they collected before the church went nuts when it first came to power.

zpm4737

Dec 25, 2008
Zaik said:
I think men are mentally, physically, and any other comparison you can think up, superior to women.

At least, I think "westernized" men are superior to "westernized' women. I can't speak on cultures outside of that. I'm not so silly as to say something crazy like the worst man is better at everything than the best woman, but given similar status in comparison to others of their gender, the male will win out every single time. I even think that women statistically living longer is brought out by an artificially shortened lifespan for men due to what they're forced to do and put up with as they live, not some sort of actual genetic advantage women have.

Basically, your "westernized" woman is a self destructive mess of daddy issues, personality disorders, and insecurities that is overall babied and coddled for her entire life. She uses sex as a means to live because she has nothing else to support her. Men who behave as "normal" women do are labeled mentally incompetent, perverts, rapists, and/or racists.

The one weakness that men have(and the only salvation for women) is the excessive sex drive that actively affects their judgement to the point they're willing to be subjugated by that which they should be ruling. I guaran-damn-tee that if men worldwide suddenly lost their sex drive 100% completely, and sex only served as reproduction for men, within 50 years women would be handled as cattle, and men would take on sons as desired, or perhaps in times of lowered population people would be paid to impregnate women in order to continue the species.
Men do have shorter life expectancies...

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
michiehoward said:
Zaik said:
michiehoward said:
Zaik said:
I think men are mentally, physically, and any other comparison you can think up, superior to women.

At least, I think "westernized" men are superior to "westernized' women. I can't speak on cultures outside of that. I'm not so silly as to say something crazy like the worst man is better at everything than the best woman, but given similar status in comparison to others of their gender, the male will win out every single time. I even think that women statistically living longer is brought out by an artificially shortened lifespan for men due to what they're forced to do and put up with as they live, not some sort of actual genetic advantage women have.

Basically, your "westernized" woman is a self destructive mess of daddy issues, personality disorders, and insecurities that is overall babied and coddled for her entire life. She uses sex as a means to live because she has nothing else to support her. Men who behave as "normal" women do are labeled mentally incompetent, perverts, rapists, and/or racists.

The one weakness that men have(and the only salvation for women) is the excessive sex drive that actively affects their judgement to the point they're willing to be subjugated by that which they should be ruling. I guaran-damn-tee that if men worldwide suddenly lost their sex drive 100% completely, and sex only served as reproduction for men, within 50 years women would be handled as cattle, and men would take on sons as desired, or perhaps in times of lowered population people would be paid to impregnate women in order to continue the species.
I'll see your "Daddy issues" and raise the boatload of your "mommy issues".
And so it begins. You know you're probably the first person to post just to disagree with someone and offer exactly nothing to the thread in general, right?
No, I posted my "controversial opinions" last page. I do apologize if your post, at least to me lacked an actual opinion. I mean why type all that out, when in about 15 seconds you could have wrote. I hate women.
That's just it. I don't hate women.

I think they should be looked at for what they actually are. And all I can see any of them able to reliably, consistently do, is ride the vagina train to a comfortable life at someone else's expense.

I'm actually fine with that, if a man is willing to allow himself to be duped like that, he deserves what he is gets(or doesn't get, rather) entirely. But it needs to be called what it is.

My last paragraph aside, the fact you pull me hating women out of me simply saying I look at women for what they actually are instead of buying the trash I get fed every time I turn around tends to help my point. Though with the last paragraph I could see assuming I do hate women, so i'll give you that one.

Jul 5, 2009
FarleShadow said:
FarleShadow said:
Well I have never seen that mentioned anywhere and my extremely communist dad also says it's bollocks. Doctors require far more training and intelligence so to even think they deserve to be paid the same as the guy who shoots birds at the airport is foolish.
Also, my bad on garbage mannis, iPod auto correct =|
Ok, two things:

1. If you have a class of people (Doctors) who earn more than anyone else simply because they are smarter than others, you're already sowing the seeds of dissent into the communist ranks, because you are saying 'These people are better' which pretty much contravenes the point of communism in the first place.

2. If your dad is so extremely communistic, how are you posting from an extremely expensive Ipod?
1. Well I'd argue that these people have spent 5 years of their life training for an extremely physical and emotional job that saves Lifes and they deserve that extra bit more, but are by no means better than everyone else, just trainined in a key field.

2. I'm not my dad :)

martianman

Feb 14, 2008
LawlessSquirrel said:
Spoiler'd to avoid unintentionally offending anyone. Topic is paedophilia.
I feel paedophiles get viewed worse than they should. You rape a child, then by all means you're bringing down the rightful hatred of those around you, but paedophiles aren't destined to do harmful things. That they're judged as a whole for the worst possible manifestation of their condition seems wrong to me.
I agree with this, actually. (same topic as LS's)
I sympathize with them, actually. They were born into a situation that caused them to be attracted to something that is severely harmed when action is taken based on those feelings. Their life sucks, but it's a shitty situation with no solution other than to stop them from harming people.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Dango said:
Dango said:
Dango said:

Despite not being religious, I believe religion is one of the most beneficial parts of humanity, and it is what has caused us to progress for thousands of years.

Killing someone is never justified, with the exception of having no other alternative to saving another's life.
How ever with 2 you are so very wrong. We progressed as a species because we were curios, because we had a desire to see how things worked.
Religion says it's magic so deal with it. Saying god done it gets us to the arse end of no-where and can even prevent our progress. Go ask Galileo.
Galileo's studies never would have occurred without support from the Pope and other officials within the church.

Religion is what funded and provided nearly all advances in society, art, and science during the Renaissance and Medieval periods.
Fuck the renaissance. Ancient Greece was on the verge of an industrial revolution and the celts had mapped the stars, almost all was lost because of the roman empire, especially when the Pope took over and thousands of "pagan" writings were burned, like all the books in the library of Alexandria. But ironically anything we know about the celts and Druids was saved thanks to Irish monks :p
But then of course, we should never have been in the situation in the first place.

Tl;DR the Renaissance was just us rediscovering this the Greeks discovered 1500 years before hand.
The Roman Empire would have screwed up everything, Christian or not. Pre-Christianity it was just an empire based off propaganda and nationalist extremism.
True, but at least try saved some of the stuff they collected before the church went nuts when it first came to power.
Saving a bit of the stuff they collected of the stuff doesn't really matter when you murder or enslave almost everyone associated with it.

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
I think that Braid is a pretentious load of nonsense.

I also think that Bobby Kotick is good at his job.

Come at me, bro.

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
zpm4737 said:
Zaik said:

Men do have shorter life expectancies...
Right, and women do less work. Funny how that works. It's not something I can prove, but it does create reasonable doubt.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
Zaik said:

You put it so much better than I ever could. Well done! *fistbump*

Jul 5, 2009
Zaik said:
Zaik said:

Well there is the sex drive and the complete inability to express any emotions for fear of catching the "gay". For every one girl that kills herself, 4 men kill themselfs. So women are a lot more emotionally stable then men. You are an extremely sexist person sir, to say that women are infirior is complaint wrong. Men are only stronger at birth, men are far less evolved and still strive for alpha male dominance and can be complete emotional wreaks ecause of their insane sex drive and over hype masculinity.
That is trash you've been fed by women. You're under this delusional idea that men are all roid raging bros with incredible fragile psyches. It's absolutely not true.

Your suicide statistics would easily work in my favor by simply mentioning that woman's need to manipulate men with sex to survive results in more hurt men. Face it, it's a crime if a man cheats or leaves his mate for another, AND it's a man's fault if a woman cheats or leaves her mate for another. Living in a world like that without being able to realize the bullshit for what it is would make me want to kill myself too.
Oh noes! D:
The lady propaganda is everywhere!
Alright here's a test to see how comfortable men and women are with sexuality.
Ask a girl to kiss her friend (who is a girl) hello. Usually no problem, hugs and giggles all around.
Now ask a man to kiss his male friend hello, why happens?
"ugh dude WTF? What with all this gay man? Dude I don't swing that way, I like
My boner in girls" and so on.

Both sexes are equally unstable, narcisistic, manipulative and assholish in their own ways.
To say otherwise is absurd.

S3Cs4uN 8

Apr 25, 2011
Griffstar said:
I find fat people disgusting, lazy and not worth living.
People who just eat unhealthy, don't take care of themselves and above all are incredibly lazy. Not people with health conditions or that of the sort.
everyone has their reasons

Jul 5, 2009
Dango said:
Dango said:
Dango said:
Dango said:

Saving a bit of the stuff they collected of the stuff doesn't really matter when you murder or enslave almost everyone associated with it.
exactly which is why the roman empire was just awful. :D
But things didn't get better afterwords let's be honest.

Raven_Operative

Dec 21, 2010
hmm... controversial opinion....

Portal 2 is not that good... its fun for an hour, but gets repetitive after the novelty wears off...

also, the jokes aren't that funny (except for the potato one)

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
Zaik said:
Zaik said:

Well there is the sex drive and the complete inability to express any emotions for fear of catching the "gay". For every one girl that kills herself, 4 men kill themselfs. So women are a lot more emotionally stable then men. You are an extremely sexist person sir, to say that women are infirior is complaint wrong. Men are only stronger at birth, men are far less evolved and still strive for alpha male dominance and can be complete emotional wreaks ecause of their insane sex drive and over hype masculinity.
That is trash you've been fed by women. You're under this delusional idea that men are all roid raging bros with incredible fragile psyches. It's absolutely not true.

Your suicide statistics would easily work in my favor by simply mentioning that woman's need to manipulate men with sex to survive results in more hurt men. Face it, it's a crime if a man cheats or leaves his mate for another, AND it's a man's fault if a woman cheats or leaves her mate for another. Living in a world like that without being able to realize the bullshit for what it is would make me want to kill myself too.
Oh noes! D:
The lady propaganda is everywhere!
Alright here's a test to see how comfortable men and women are with sexuality.
Ask a girl to kiss her friend (who is a girl) hello. Usually no problem, hugs and giggles all around.
Now ask a man to kiss his male friend hello, why happens?
"ugh dude WTF? What with all this gay man? Dude I don't swing that way, I like
My boner in girls" and so on.

Both sexes are equally unstable, narcisistic, manipulative and assholish in their own ways.
To say otherwise is absurd.
Ask a man to take off his shirt and he will.

Ask a woman to take off her shirt and you're a pervert unless they want to fuck you.

You're going to need something better than that.

zombieeater6000

Oct 1, 2010
That all drugs should be delegalized and drug usage in general should be treated more as a health and social issue rather than a don't not collect $200 go straight to jail

mortalkiller

Feb 10, 2011
controversial opinion?
i think comunism is good
-
-
-
but because its badly implimented
ie the goverment just takes all the money from the people for their own gain
instead of distributing it equaly like they should
comunism falls flat
but in an other way
you need capitalism for the economy to compete in the world

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
gummibear76 said:
Zaik said:
This is gonna be interesting!

*Grabs popcorn*
It's already going much, much better than usual for them. Typically I'm trolling circles around e-raging women whose best comebacks amount to me being gay or never getting laid, which actually specifically prove my point that all they've got is sex.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Dango said:
Dango said:
Dango said:
Dango said:

exactly which is why the roman empire was just awful. :D
But things didn't get better afterwords let's be honest.
Yes, but you can't only blame religion for most of it.