Whats Your Favorite Escapist Show (Other than Zero P)

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Eh, I don't watch ZP all that much anymore. It's as good as ever, but meh. Not really interested for some reason.

My favourite's definitely Apocalypse Lane. That was a hell of a series, sadly it lost it's lustre after I watched it about 4 times over. Maybe I'll have forgotten the majority in a couple years.

Behind that is Doraleous and Associates. It's fucking awesome, but AL still beats it somehow. I suppose it's just a more interesting premise. I'm hoping for Hank and Jed's third Escapist show to be that sci-fi idea they canned in favour of AL.

Oh yeah, for those who don't know, APPSRO IS MAKING MORE VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE INSTEAD OF D&A D:
They're good, but what's up with that? He said he didn't have time for vids -.-

And then Daily Drop. For obvious reasons.

I don't watch many videos anymore, though, now that D&A's gone on break.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Doraleus and Asociates and ENN all the way. I also like A Good Knight Quest (I hope season 2 will be out soon) and There Will be Brawl. I also enjoy watching Unskippable, Daily Drop, Escape to the movies

MrNickster

Apr 23, 2010
Zero Punctuation, Extra Credits, Doraleous & Associates and Game Dogs.

Yes, I said Game Dogs. I liked that show.

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
Extra Credits. It's not just entertaining, but also informative. It's like my little weekly bit of insight into the gaming industry. If past shows count, then I really loved Doomsday Arcade. I've also got a bit of a soft spot for them though, since Shanks and Lund are from Melbourne, and Lund even went to my brother school.

bificommander

Apr 19, 2010
That would be ENN for me. Extra Credits is interesting and Unskippable and Loading Ready Run can be funny, but I find ENN consistently funny.

Ipsen

Jul 8, 2008
Derp, Extra Credits. As stated...
Betancore said:
It's not just entertaining,
Its also simple! It's just some trio talking about deeper aspects of video games. Maybe its all the love...

I'm also quite enamored with MovieBob's stuff.

Mr. Floyd, Bob, keep it up!

frozen_scarecrow

Aug 29, 2010
I'm really starting to like Lisa Folies top 5. She's funny. Maybe it's just like a new car smell, but so far, it's pretty good.

Mr.Incognitus

Dec 7, 2010
The only thing I watch that isn't ZP is Daily Drop, so I guess its that. Not like that's a bad thing though

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
SimuLord said:
I don't even need the "other than Zero P" qualifier---Extra Credits is easily the most insightful, well-thought-out, and downright enjoyable gaming-related show on the entire Internet
I'm gonna have to go with that. If I had to rank my favourite shows on here, it'd go something like...

1. Extra Credits
2. Zero Punctuation
=3. De-rez
=3. Rebecca Mayes Muses

That said, I watch more ZP than anything else. Watching old episodes is a good way to pass the time.

That's pretty much it. Apart from Daily Drop, I guess, but by design it's really more of a bite-size distraction than anything else - cool enough to make you say "huh, neat", but not really substantial enough to form much attachment to it.

gillebro

Nov 13, 2009
It varies. I'd say ZP is still my number 1, but right now No 2 is Extra Credits, then probably both of MovieBob's shows. Top 5 is pretty awesome too, so far.