What's Your Gaming First Love?

someguyfromhell666

Oct 11, 2010
Some rather obscure platformer about an anthromorphic pirate cat called Captain Claw.
When I look back at it, it wasn't that bad, but most of the respect I have for it is nostalgia.

Matthew Valkanov

Jun 8, 2011
Baldur's Gate 2 : Shadows of Amn. I remember buying it like it was yesterday...rather than 11 years ago ^^ 24 complete playthroughs and counting...God I need help

Michael Hirst

May 18, 2011
Well I did like my videogames from a younger age but the one that really blew my socks off and confirmed that gaming would become a lifelong hobby was Sonic The Hedgehog, It's not the most revolutionary title ever but the sheer fun of a good platoformer with consistent physics just made it easy to get into and enjoy, also at that age (about 6 or 7) the difficulty curve was great. It didn't let me off too easy but didn't punish me too bad either.

Oct 30, 2010
The cutscene near the beginning of Baldur's Gate.

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence."

If I pick an entire game, it would be Duke Nukem (1991) or Crystal Caves (Troubles With Twibbles).

Hemlet

Jul 31, 2009
Oh, LoZ: Majora's Mask, hands down. I'd played Ocarina of Time and stuff first and all that, and thought they were pretty good, but I played my Majora's Mask cartridge to the point where it would slide into the N64 without needing to be pushed down and secured.

SideSmash

May 24, 2011
The original Pokémon games, specifically Red Version. IT's not only what got me into gaming, but it also was my first love. Other examples would be Battlefront II, SFIII: Third Strike, and SUper! SmAsh-brothers... MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH (Melee)!

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
Pokemon Red was my first love of gaming. I played that game for hours and hours on end.

SergeMC

Apr 18, 2010
For me it was Contra on the NES.
I was maybe 2 years old, I did not know what bullets were, I did not know what these things were that chased the character on the screen... And I didn't care.

Because it was AWESOME anyway.

asam92

Oct 26, 2008
Probably Donkey Kong Country on SNES, good times (I know use that game for speed run testing, got it down to 54 mins to finish the game.)
However looking back on it, one of my favourite games of all time was Secret of Mana, and was also about the 5th game I ever played, but I didn't love it then as much as I do know, I guess its hard for a 5 year old to really get into a JRPG.