When did you get your first M rated game?

NotYetForsaken

Power in Procedure
Sep 27, 2010
Duke Nukem 3D, at... four I believe? My parents couldn't read english so to them it looked like a harmless rail shooter, perfect for honing reflexes.

Im terrified of larval bugs now though.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
kaveradeo said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
My dad bought me Mortal Kombat when I was 8.
BEAT YOU. Turok dinosaur hunter age 2.
That is such a great game... wait.... you were two?

Damn, I guess if shit went down with dinosaurs you would be the person to call.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
GTA San Andreas at age 12 I think. Well done parents, way to bend to my will.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
The original Metal Gear Solid when I was 14. Yeah MGS 2 & 3 were already out by then, but I really wanted to play the original.

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
Vice City when I was 12. Although I got it from a friend. The first one I got from a store, was World at War a year later.

cannot_aim

Dec 18, 2008
I played the original DOOM with my dad when I was like 2 or 3.

The first game I got that was actually rated M was Perfect Dark when I was 7 or 8.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I think I was... 13-ish when I got my first sixteen. At 14 I got Fallout 3, my first 18.
Think so, anyway.

Luckily, my mum is smart, and checked the ages until she thought I was mature enough to play them and not kill everyone.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
The year was 1993.
I was barly 3 years of age, when my dad got me my first violent video game.
MORTAL KOMBAT! ((for the Genesis))

Boy. I had some great parents. I was ripping out peoples spines before i was in pre-school.
you shoulda seen me go!

): i look back and wish i was still that beast at fighting games.

micky

Apr 27, 2009
i got ninja gaiden when i was about 12-13,i think it was a good start.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Mortal Kombat for the Genesis... hell, I can't remember how old I was.

After that, I didn't get another M rated game till I got my Playstation 2 (not counting when I borrowed Conker's Bad Fur Day for a few months). It was GTA: Vice City.

BanthaFodder

Jan 17, 2011
if I'm not mistaken... I think mine was Call Of Duty World At War on the Wii... I think I was either 12 or 13... my Mom knew that I could differentiate fantasy from reality and allowed me to buy it since I was considered mature enough. As far as I remember, I was... I wasnt a racist little fraghead... not that the Wii had mics to spam, but hell, my profile name was a Simpsons reference... luckily I was raised RIGHT and haven't killed anyone... yet... ZOMG, WHAT IF VIDEO GAMES ARE SLEEPER AGENTS? IN A FEW YEARS WE ARE ALL SO F*CKED!!! QUICK, WE HAVE TO WARN FOX NEWS!!!

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
It was either GTA 3 or Half-Life at the age of 10, I played both games at about the same time. And no I don't run over hookers nor do I beat military men with a crowbar.

TheMan2203

Sep 14, 2010
GTA 3 when i was about 12 :) hooray for random acts of brutal and senseless violence..... now if you don't mind i'm of to the old peoples care home to tap on their windows dressed as death.

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009
It was right after I turned 14 that I got my first M-rated game, The Orange Box for Xbox 360.

Though I realize now that the PC version is MILES better, that was a fine first purchase for the console.