When did you get your first M rated game?

gurall200

Apr 14, 2009
Metal Gear Solid 2 when I was 9-11, you can imagine my genuine surprise...

.. when I saw a naked adult male running around a tanker/ultimate mega device of ultimate evilly destruction (seriously, anyone who played it, WHAT WAS THAT?) and Snake disappearing after 30 minutes..

..for a elementary school kid, that game rocked my world in every conceivable way.
JAYSEE DENTUHN said:
That game turned me into a man. I cried at the ending. It's a god damn passage to manhood....
Did you shed MANLY tears?

Feb 9, 2011
Umm, the first "graphically" violent game I played was the original GTA. Granted, it was graphically violent for its time. I don't really recall how old I was though. Hmm, now I feel old. :<

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
First M rated game I played was Gears of War. Before that it was just Ratchet and Clank or Jak... Good times...

Rewdalf

Usually Sacrastic
Jan 6, 2010
GTA III at age ten or so...
Actually, my cousin had bought me GTA2 for my birthday when I was eight.
Sure, the graphics weren't super-realistic, but I was still jacking cars and shooting people...

I'm sorry to say that playing those games at such a young age turned me into the merciless killing machine I am today.

No, wait, that's not right.
I meant to say that they had no adverse effects on me at all...

parasyteFMA

Jan 3, 2011
Either Duke Nukem: A Time to Kill or Mortal Kombat 4. I know I was 10 when I got MK4 but I couldn't tell you when I got Duke Nukem.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
Hmm... it was either Duke Nukem: Time to Kill or Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition on the PS1 and PC respectively. I was about... 6 or 7 at the time.

aLivingPheonix

Feb 26, 2010
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Halo: Combat Evolved at... ten?

Loved FPSs since.
Heeeyyy, we both have the same game. I've also loved FPSs since I played H:CE on PC.

Yeah, Halo: Combat Evolved was my first M game.

I need to go find my copy of it...

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
Let's see... my first M-rated game was Mortal Kombat for the Sega Genesis. I thought nothing of the blood and stuff, and to this day, I still think nothing of blood/gore in games.

I was probably, like... 5 or 6. Dunno, to be frank.

AnonymousTipster

Jun 10, 2010
I'm not sure exactly...it was probably something on the N64. Maybe Perfect Dark?

Assuming it was Perfect Dark, then I would have been 10 years old.

Eumersian

Posting in the wrong thread.
Sep 3, 2009
Not mine, but my brother and I purchased Diablo for my dad on Father's Day. He let me play it though. I remember not getting very far, but still having a lot of fun. I believe I was 7 at the time. I got it a few years after it came out, if I remember correctly.

kaveradeo

Jul 12, 2010
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
kaveradeo said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
My dad bought me Mortal Kombat when I was 8.
BEAT YOU. Turok dinosaur hunter age 2.
That is such a great game... wait.... you were two?

Damn, I guess if shit went down with dinosaurs you would be the person to call.
My mom was real mad at my dad for getting it since it was m.

Sn1P3r M98

May 30, 2010
Not totally sure how old I was, maybe 7? Not sure, but it was Marine Sharpshooter on the computer.