When did you get your first M rated game?

JAYSEE DENTUHN

Feb 7, 2011
gurall200 said:
Metal Gear Solid 2 when I was 9-11, you can imagine my genuine surprise...

.. when I saw a naked adult male running around a tanker/ultimate mega device of ultimate evilly destruction (seriously, anyone who played it, WHAT WAS THAT?) and Snake disappearing after 30 minutes..

..for a elementary school kid, that game rocked my world in every conceivable way.
JAYSEE DENTUHN said:
That game turned me into a man. I cried at the ending. It's a god damn passage to manhood....
Did you shed MANLY tears?
Only tears I ever shed are MANLY tears.

Fr33Lanc3r.007

Jul 29, 2010
Probably the original Prince of Persia at age 3, but the first one that I seriously played was Starcraft when I was about 8-10

Edit: Although in retrospect, I've been playing apogee games since I could use a keyboard - used to be really good at the first 2 duke nukem games.

Space Cowgirl

Oct 21, 2009
Mine was RE4 on the PS2 when I was about 18. Had to buy it off the discount sack since it had been out a while. But I did play some of the previous Resident Evils with a big RE fan friend of mine.

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
Mortal KOmbat. I think that may have been the first M rated game ever actually. I remember it being a HUGGGGE deal when it was released for consoles. (even though genesis was the only version with red blood >.> But yea the media really tore into it.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
Wolfenstein 3D when I was 5.

I'll just grab my prescriptions and ointment, and go sit by the window now...

Karthesios

Jul 11, 2010
I believe it was Mortal Kombat 3 (Sega Genesis), back in 1995. Got it for christmas. I was 13.

iFail69

Nov 17, 2009
when I was 8 I had a tirade of M rated games that my parents were perfectly fine with me playing (they bought me most of them :p ). Titles included Unreal Tournament, GTA 1, 2 and London and Half Life.

I bought Duke Nukem: land of the babes a year later too :p

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
I started playing GTA: Vice City when I was 12, though I used to play Mortal Kombat when I was five.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I think my very first M rated game was Doom 2, wich I played at the tender age of 7. Wich, coincidentally, was my very first First Person Shooter, ever. It will always have a special place in my heart and my hard drive disk.

Austin Howe

Dec 5, 2010
Metal Gear Solid, which my brother got, when I was somewhere between 6 and 9. My parents thought nothing of it.

A Weakgeek

Feb 3, 2011
GTA 3 when i was 5-6, no need to say that i had no idea what i was doing. Mostly just using cheats and killing enough cops to clear out a small nation.

elbowlick

Jul 1, 2009
I must have gotten MGS2 when I was 12. Who'd thought that would follow me for so long?
Not long after that I got Vice City.

Hulten

Oct 14, 2010
My first M rated game was the original Grand Theft Auto for the PS1. After that I found a fond appreciation for running over innocent bystanders. That was a good portion of my childhood right there. It was like a gateway drug that opened me up to MGS1.

Rogue 9

I, Jedi
Jun 22, 2008
First graphically violent game I played would've been Mortal Kombat II at a friend's house. First M rated game I bought was Jet Force Gemini for the N64 at age 13. I'd hired it previously from the video store and really enjoyed it but I didn't even realise it was M rated until I'd bought it and was in the car on the way home. At which point I very carefully said absolutely nothing about the rating to my parents =P

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
Mortal Kombat on the Genesis.
If that doesn't count, God of War. I wasn't allowed to play rated M titles by my step-parents, but I smuggled it in and hid it.