When did you get your first M rated game?

Lillowh

Oct 22, 2007
Mortal Kombat on my friend's Genisis at like age 7, then GTA III at age 9. I turned out to be a well behaved Eagle Scout who's active in politics and actually pretty much a pacifist. I guess different people react differently to different things at different ages, instead of any kid being exposed to a violent video game at any age under 25 is scarred and their view of reality is skewed forever and become criminals. Who would've guessed?

minka1995

Jan 6, 2011
Brute force on Xbox rated MA15+, when I was 6 or 7 first xbox game too, but there was also jagged alliance and doom on PC when I was four or five but I don't know what they are rated. I turned out fine, no urges to kill. :)

Inconspicuous Trenchcoat

Shinku Hadouken!
Nov 12, 2009
Doom for the Sega 32x (no idea why my dad got my a 32x for Christmas; I didn't even know the 32x existed before that) at age 5-7ish??? The pink beastmen things scared me so bad I stopped playing and never played it again until I was older.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
I was... nine or so? Max Payne, Halo, Splinter Cell and all that stuff. I had a PS2 as well, but I don't think that we ever had any really violent games on that.
Anyway, I'm perfectly well adjusted - though probably slightly biased in my opinion on that matter - doing well in school and so on. I haven't become a satanist, I don't rape innocent maidens, take part in mass murders or anything of the sort. Take that, fox news!

MDDC

Oct 2, 2009
PSX version of Doom...it was actually my dads, but I still played it. That was when I was around five or six.

Winterfel

Feb 9, 2011
Turok 2 just when it was released. Birthday gift for my 8th birthday.
And no I'm sorry to report that I havn't killed anyone yet. :/

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
GTA 3 when I was about 11, I used to play the older ones becaue of my older Brothers so my parents thought nothing of it actually buying it for me lol.

Humble85

Jun 6, 2010
Space Hulk, for the PS1, when I was around 14(?). It was FSK18 in Germany, so only to be sold to adults. Ironically, I bought it because I figured they wouldn't sell me Resident Evil, because it was so full of blood and zombies...

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
proooooooobably doom on PC. Was that M-rated?

If not...Mortal kombat in the arcade stalls.

Today I'm a pretty mellow guy, who abhors violence in the real world (for most parts). I still love to shoot people in games though.

Feylynn

Feb 16, 2010
The most violent game I played as a kid was probably GoldenEye and I didn't own it.
My mother had issues with me watching Pokemon because of the violence and didn't even let me watch Power Rangers. =(

Wait I'm a liar now, I played Diablo and Diablo 2 at a very young age because my Uncle was super awesome. I was likely 12 or something, give or take 2 years.
I don't spend an enormous amount of effort remembering last week, a decade ago is to much for me.

To spare everyone the long version, no, Diablo was not at fault for anything.
And vaguely related: School. For those of you keeping score on what actually was the primary blame.

Okuu_Fusion

Jul 14, 2010
Think I was 11 or 12, and it was maybe Metal Gear Solid... Or Syphon Filter 2...

First one I played though was Doom, at age 7 or 8?

Didn't effect me in anyway...

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
When I was 10, my babysitter gave me Turok Dinosaur Hunter. I thought it sucked then and I think it sucks now.

Ralphfromdk

Mar 26, 2009
Duke Nukem 3D back when it was new in 1996. I was 9 years old at the time. My dad introduced me to the hard stuff right away. Best dad ever :D

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
I convinced my dad to let me get Oblivion when I was 14 after I proved to him it was only rated M because of the Mods people were making for it. I was such a goddamn happy camper. He even bought me the strategy guide for it too :) I love my dad.

Irriduccibilli

Jun 15, 2010
Hmmm... I think I was 10 years old when I got Unreal Tournament for the Ps2. I think that was my first M rated game