When is a Door Not a Door?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
2xDouble said:
canadamus_prime said:
I'm not sure I get it. So a door is not a door when it's a smartass game critic eating nutella?
lacktheknack said:
Guilty as charged.

EVERYONE here will be guilty as charged, and they're lying if they say they aren't. :D
WRONG! I don't eat Nutella.
HOLD IT! You, sir, are guilty of not eating Nutella. confirm/deny?

OT: I also don't eat that stuff, I much prefer peanut butter. Regardless, Erin should know better... sticky fingers all over the controller... *grumble*
I think I already confirmed that. So yeah I plead guilty to not eating Nutella.

Siege_TF

May 9, 2010
Allergic to chocolate, so the best I can do is spread a small amount on top of peanut butter and hope for the best.

Two-A

Aug 1, 2012
Eternal_Lament said:
Funny thing, never had Nutella before. Considering how batshit everyone goes for it and the fervor for which they'll defend it, I don't think I'll ever pick it up myself. I guess what I'm trying to say is I at least I know I have some class...can't say the same about anyone else here who has had Nutella. :)
Oooh... Burn. :)

But seriously, it's good, not something I go wild about though. You know what I also eat without bread? Peanut Butter, that stuff is ridiculously rare in my country, and I find it too delicious to eat it with bread.

momijirabbit said:
People eat Nutella...
and enjoy it? I always thought everybody hated Nutella.
I think that was Marmite.

DigitalAtlas

Mar 31, 2011
I swear to god I am the only person on this planet who does not love Nutella.

Your move, survival of the fittest.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Cybylt said:
lacktheknack said:
Cybylt said:
lacktheknack said:
canadamus_prime said:
lacktheknack said:
Guilty as charged.

EVERYONE here will be guilty as charged, and they're lying if they say they aren't. :D
WRONG! I don't eat Nutella.
How do you live life? D:

You really should, man. It's like someone mixed heaven with chocolate and put it in a jar.

BTW, guys... A door is not a door when it's a-jar.
Chocolate Heaven does not taste like coco puffs.

I really can not wrap my head around how that stuff got to be so popular since it tastes like a crappy breakfast cereal.
I have no idea what you ate, but the Nutella I eat tastes way better than Coco Puffs.

Coco Puffs don't have hazelnuts in them.
I taste no hazelnuts in it, only cheap chocolate flavoring.
Then you're eating Nutella that is not the same as my Nutella!

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
When it's "ajar"? HAHAHHAHAHA. . .
*reads comic*
Alright I'm beginning to feel more and more like the only person that has never had nutella. Sorry but I Just don't find the mixture of peanutbutter and chocolate to be appealing...

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Twenty Ninjas said:
neoontime said:
Ha ha ha oh yeah of course
I still don't get it.
Seriously each of them have had relationships with males in the cartoon strip. I give up. Explain the supposed joke please!
With all the social justice crusading going on these days what with feminism and LGBT rights and whatnot, it makes sense for Grey Carter to make his characters all sorts of non-male in an attempt to be witty and stay true to his anti-white guy defense force point of view.

Everything else was, like, 12 levels of irony. At least.
Dude really? Really? two people sitting next to each other on a couch is relationship to you? Have you been so entrenched in gender politics discussions that that is all you can see now?

Darklord008

Dec 14, 2011
Never enjoyed Nutella. At all. In fact, when I was younger, I always used Nutella as shorthand for something that tasted terrible, and most everyone agreed with me. Maybe that was just the area where I grew up, who knows? Either way, Exchange that Nutella with a jar of peanut butter, and you basically have my go-to snack most of my freshman year. And it was AWESOME.

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
Hammartroll said:
I love the taste of Nutella, but I try my best to avoid it anyway because of it's sugar content. I have no idea how people and commercials get away with calling it a healthier alternative to peanut butter. Nutella is around 21g of sugar per serving and your typical peanut butter is like, only 2g. I refuse to even call it a nut spread, it's freaking candy.

It reminds me of how you can find granola bars now-a-days with chocolate chips infused and then dipped in fudge. Delicious yes, but healthy no, even if it got some granola in it, but I guess people get fooled anyway. They do the same thing to yogurt, it's like they turn granola bars into candy bars and yogurt into ice cream. I guess that's why Greek yogurt is really taking off, people are craving something real. /rant
They don't get away with it anymore. Ferrero got sued by a Mom who bought their BS wholesale and was feeding it to her children for breakfast everyday. They had to change their entire marketing campaign and labels because of it.

The fact that people continue to buy the product despite being directly lied to irks me.

EDIT- Here's a link to a blog talking about it
http://www.parenting.com/blogs/show-and-tell/caitlin-parentingcom/mom-wins-class-action-suit-over-nutellas-misleading-ads-0

Hammartroll

Mar 10, 2011
Brian Tams said:
Hammartroll said:
I love the taste of Nutella, but I try my best to avoid it anyway because of it's sugar content. I have no idea how people and commercials get away with calling it a healthier alternative to peanut butter. Nutella is around 21g of sugar per serving and your typical peanut butter is like, only 2g. I refuse to even call it a nut spread, it's freaking candy.

It reminds me of how you can find granola bars now-a-days with chocolate chips infused and then dipped in fudge. Delicious yes, but healthy no, even if it got some granola in it, but I guess people get fooled anyway. They do the same thing to yogurt, it's like they turn granola bars into candy bars and yogurt into ice cream. I guess that's why Greek yogurt is really taking off, people are craving something real. /rant
They don't get away with it anymore. Ferrero got sued by a Mom who bought their BS wholesale and was feeding it to her children for breakfast everyday. They had to change their entire marketing campaign and labels because of it.

The fact that people continue to buy the product despite being directly lied to irks me.

EDIT- Here's a link to a blog talking about it
http://www.parenting.com/blogs/show-and-tell/caitlin-parentingcom/mom-wins-class-action-suit-over-nutellas-misleading-ads-0
The commercial on that link made me chuckle because they describe the product as being made out of "hazelnuts (while depicting a pile of hazelnuts on top of a slice of bread), skim milk and a hint of cocoa."

When in reality the product's wiki page says: "The main ingredients of Nutella are sugar and palm oil,[15] followed by hazelnut, cocoa solids, and skimmed milk."

Nutella is literally nothing but sugar and palm oil flavored by some hazelnuts and cocoa. And yet people think of it as a hazelnut version of peanut butter. Oh well.

But really it's just as easy as looking at the ingredients and nutritional facts. Sometimes I wonder if I look weird staring at the labels of multiple brands of cereal (or whatever) in the supermarket.

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
We are such a civilized species guys! We may support blood thirsty monarchs and dictators in their global conquest agenda and act like heartless beasts to our own kin, we may be obsessed with deity worshiping rituals and create some really scary/interesting (depending on how you view serial killers/rapists/other "fun" individuals like this) people from time to time. We MAAAAY be slowly turning our planet into a huge smoking ball of shit, not unlike the way we turn our own lives into loveless catastrophes of unfulfilled potential and broken dreams, BUT AT LEAST we put our Nutella on our bread! See? The other species of this galaxy must bow down to our superior savoir vivre and hold us up as a bright example. Actually they should just crown us leaders and bow down to us, say, 50 times a day, at the exact same time. Not us of course, we wouldn't have the balls, or self confidence for this. Our beloved all loving and caring leaders, of course!

Ah, I have been holding this in for months now. Thank you for reminding me of this. Anyway, I also eat by dipping the bread into the chocolate. Less plates to wash :D

Although with time I begin to turn away from all this shite. It is way too much sugar and for those of you who don't know, sugar is a poison to your body. It fucks with your brain and liver and a few hours after consumption you may experience a slight serotonin depletion, basically one of the "feel good" chemicals of the brain. Now, I didn't know this, but now that I do I have to say I feel cheated yet again. I mean just how many lies have we been fed from childhood? Do we still not see the pattern?

...At least when I was first trying MDMA I knew that my brain chemicals would become imbalanced for some time after consuming it. No such luck with candy :p

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Eternal_Lament said:
Funny thing, never had Nutella before.
Hello there my non-nutella friend :D
Never had it either, I tasted some similar thing but it wasn't nutella, it was good but too sweet for my taste for longare period usage :p

I have tries to do that last picture a few time, staring a friend in the eyes when eating, I always hit my chin :D

Multi-Hobbyist

Oct 26, 2009
lacktheknack said:
Guilty as charged.

Weelllllll, you'd be wrong. I have yet to ever try Nutella. And I'll remain in my stance of "never ever ever" for the next few years. So yes, I have NOT done this. This helps make it all the more unappealing to me, so way to go Critical Miss!

ZexionSephiroth

Apr 7, 2011
When one girl found out I ate Nutela from the Jar (With a Spoon) she was like "Oh, you're one of those people."

Turns out she meant no offense, she apparently wasn't surprised by the action at all. As her next statement was "Its basically just chocolate, why wouldn't you spoon it up?" or something to that effect.

Words fail to describe just how much that made me wonder how many do it.

Of course... Lately my particular habit with Nutela is to eat it frozen... So in the end I'm still weird... For eating Nutela in a fashion that may as well be the same thing as eating a chocolate bar.

Sigh... What am I? Obsessed with Chocolate?

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
AngryFrenchCanadian said:
And to think, The Escapist could be publishing something like this, actually related to movies and video games, and actually somewhat funny:

Hey, but I guess a Nutella joke is totally going to be enough to attract new traffic on such a popular website.

Frankly, it wouldn't bother if it weren't practically the only comic published here anymore. There's honestly a large difference between the exposure the webcomic is getting and its actual quality.

I don't know how much Cory and Grey are getting paid, but it's probably too much. Unless it's per commission, which explain why they are cranking these out so fast and devoid of any kind of cleverness.
I'm not sure that's the best counter-example to provide as back-up to your argument. Too many motherfucking WORDS.

You didn't find CritMiss funny, I didn't find that thing funny. Opinions eh? Gotta love 'em!