when the hell is half life episode 3 coming out?

Levitas1234

Oct 28, 2009
Hazy said:
I think Valve have secretly been spending the budget on scooters for the staff, so that they may zip about the office at a semi-rapid rate.

A shot in the dark? Very much so. However, if it does happen to be true, I totally called it.
The scooters were necessary, the 6 billion dollars spent for the gold plated scooters have increased efficiency by 80%!

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
Hazy said:
I think Valve have secretly been spending the budget on scooters for the staff, so that they may zip about the office at a semi-rapid rate.

A shot in the dark? Very much so. However, if it does happen to be true, I totally called it.
Exactly. This is what happens when you hand over the keys of your best commodity to the people who made, or rather didn't make, "Duke Nukem Forever".

Marble Dragon

Mar 11, 2009
This is one of those rare things I am actually optimistic about. I've enjoyed all of the Valve games I've played, and I've watched the developer's comments and seen what work they put into their games. I'm sure that Episode Three will be great, and it's my opinion that they're just making sure that it's excellent.

wasalp

Dec 22, 2008
Davrel said:
Unless it comes out soon, its going to look veeeery dated unless its on a new engine. I'll still get it, but it will have lost that part of the polish that comes with graphical deliciousness.
the reason is that they will make it with there new engine that they are making for portal 2. Thus it will have a graphical update.

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
Snarky Username said:
Cain_Zeros said:
Snarky Username said:
Cain_Zeros said:
What happened? Well, one of the main voice actors died, that's what happened. I'd like to see you not have development slow to a crawl after that.
If you're talking about Dr Breen, I'm pretty sure he died in HL2...

If you're talking about Gordon Freeman, I'm sure Valve can find some way to replace the voice actor.
There is no voice actor for Gordon. For what I heard (not sure how reliable my source really is) it was the actor for a main villain that died.
There's no voice actor for Gordon Freeman? Then how did he make those inspirational speeches that inspired the hearts of millions?

Also, it was the voice actor for Dr. Breen who died earlier this year, but Dr. Breen died at the end of HL2 (Well, I'm pretty sure he did, they never showed his death, but the giant explosion kind of hinted it for me...)
About the same way he told people to shove off when they expected him to do everything.

And it could be Breen, given the tendency of my source to forget who's who in games.

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
lord death jr said:
seriously Valve

the codes may have been stolen or something
post what you think happened
What do you mean, an I missing somthing, what is the hell? Explain?

NEVER MIND, I MISS READ, I THOUGHT YOU SAID WHAT IF THE HELL, NOT WHEN THE HELL

HavoK 09

Apr 1, 2010
heres te formula to calculate the release date

(2 weeks X valve time + 1 week delay for Gabe Newell fat joke)/cake

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
ProfessorLayton said:
Remember, a delayed game is delayed for a while, but a bad game is bad forever.
This. Very much this. Gabe Newell says so himself. There is no reason to sacrifice quality for an earlier release date (unless you're part of a company that would rather churn out yearly entertainment software instead of actual video games.)

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Snarky Username said:
There's no voice actor for Gordon Freeman? Then how did he make those inspirational speeches that inspired the hearts of millions?
The thing is, Gordon doesn't need a voice to inspire the hearts of millions (and he is mute anyway). The sheer fact that he is "the one free man" does all the talking for him. How do you think he managed to win GameSpot's title of "Best Video Game Character of All-Time"?

Anyway, they are probably still working on it, but I wouldn't expect a release anytime soon. Especially since they are fevereshly working on Portal 2 right now. Who knows? Maybe Portal 2 is an important part of the Half-Life arc which will be concluded with Episode 3.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Because they publish their own games, they have no third-party publisher hurrying them along with deadlines. They are taking their time to make the game that they want to make.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
If you've ever seen the games you know how much detail goes into them. Go back and watch that steel bridge collapsing. Watch it until you understand how long it takes to make these games.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Snarky Username said:
Cain_Zeros said:
Snarky Username said:
Cain_Zeros said:
What happened? Well, one of the main voice actors died, that's what happened. I'd like to see you not have development slow to a crawl after that.
If you're talking about Dr Breen, I'm pretty sure he died in HL2...

If you're talking about Gordon Freeman, I'm sure Valve can find some way to replace the voice actor.
There is no voice actor for Gordon. For what I heard (not sure how reliable my source really is) it was the actor for a main villain that died.

Also, it was the voice actor for Dr. Breen who died earlier this year, but Dr. Breen died at the end of HL2 (Well, I'm pretty sure he did, they never showed his death, but the giant explosion kind of hinted it for me...)
I'm sure it's nothing a little rewriting can't fix.

Ishadus

Apr 3, 2010
Bruno Correia said:
heres te formula to calculate the release date

(2 weeks X valve time + 1 week delay for Gabe Newell fat joke)/cake
Did you just intentionally divide by zero, or am I reading too much into things?

CpnBeef

May 19, 2008
Well, since Duke Nukem was cancelled forum-goers need something to wait impatiently and eternally rip on for delay times. You should thank Valve that they're taking so long!