when the hell is half life episode 3 coming out?

Wolfinton

Jan 1, 2010
People just need to get over it. They're making it for sure. The thing people complain about is how they are 'focusing on L4D' yet they have many different teams for different games. So saying "OH NOZ! DONT WORK ON L4D! I WANTZ MAH HL:E3!" and be patient.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
...sometime...

Nobody knows what goes on inside Valve headquarters but this [http://tf2.com/] and this [http://www.l4d.com/blog/] must be taking up some of their time [http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time].

Maybe they'll have something to say this E3(June 15th).

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I think people should shut up and realise that it comes when it comes.

It's not a mystery that Valve work in their own timeline, and their games don't suffer because of it.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
It is getting a bit ridiculous...but then again, Valve never set a release date, so really, we can't fault them. They have not broken the promise that they...never made.

I know it's funny to compare it to Duke Nukem Forever, but the comparison doesn't really work. Ep 3 is a game in the mid of its series, while the series has active releases, is a very successful and stable companies flagship IP, is sticking with the same engine, and has throngs of optimistic fans. Duke had none of these. My prediction is that Ep 3 will be released either at the same time, or within a quarter, of Portal 2.

GiantRedButton

Mar 30, 2009
Cain_Zeros said:
What happened? Well, one of the main voice actors died, that's what happened. I'd like to see you not have development slow to a crawl after that.
Gordon Freemans voiceactor?
Oh no everything he said, he pronounced so brilliant.
JK

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
I think what's going on is that Valve actually GIVES A SHIT about whether their games turn out good or not. Quality, especially quality in a video game, takes time and Valve obviously cares about quality. If they didn't, we'd probably be on Half-Life 8 already, and it wouldn't be a good thing.

Wolfinton

Jan 1, 2010
GiantRedButton said:
Cain_Zeros said:
What happened? Well, one of the main voice actors died, that's what happened. I'd like to see you not have development slow to a crawl after that.
Gordon Freemans voiceactor?
Oh no everything he said, he pronounced so brilliant.
JK
Just incase you don't accually know, it was Dr. Breen's voice actor, Robert Culp.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
They probably plan on giving each other piggy-back rides for 10 years before releasing a teaser screenshot and then officially canceling the game three years later. Sound familiar?

May 5, 2010
I think Valve is kind of slipping. Waaay too much L4D DLC. Portal 2 had better be mind-blowing masterpiece, and Half Life 3....well, after all this time, I would expect it to blow a hole in the fabric of reality due to too much awesomeness occupying the same space.

Unless of course, it never comes out, which wouldn't surprise me too much at this point.

Nfritzappa

Apr 1, 2010
What I think:
Valve loves their secrets.
They're not working on episode 3. They're working on a new engine and along with it: Half Life 3.

If not, then at lease SOMETHING will be said at e3

The_Deleted

Aug 28, 2008
http://www.vg247.com/2010/05/31/mega-extreme-rumour-half-life-2-episode-three-menu-shot-leaked/

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Portal 2 is at Christmas. Well, probably. I vote the next version of the Orange box will have Ep 3 and Portal 2 at the same time, at Christmas. Yeah. That's what I think.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Hazy said:
I think Valve have secretly been spending the budget on scooters for the staff, so that they may zip about the office at a semi-rapid rate.

A shot in the dark? Very much so. However, if it does happen to be true, I totally called it.
Thats dumb. Why would they buy scooters when they could buy Segways.

OT: Am I the only person who remembered how short episodes one and two were?

Yeah, give them a break. I don't think they really like the series that much, and keep putting it off. Or maybe the voice actor for Gordon Freeman ditched. (See what I did there?)

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Wicky_42 said:
Portal 2 is at Christmas. Well, probably. I vote the next version of the Orange box will have Ep 3 and Portal 2 at the same time, at Christmas. Yeah. That's what I think.
Hell, this man may be on to something.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Tdc2182 said:
Wicky_42 said:
Hell, this man may be on to something.
Holy crap that was a fast quote XD

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Tdc2182 said:
Hazy said:
I think Valve have secretly been spending the budget on scooters for the staff, so that they may zip about the office at a semi-rapid rate.

A shot in the dark? Very much so. However, if it does happen to be true, I totally called it.
Because, have you seen Gabe Newell?
Him riding a scooter paints a much more comedic picture.

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
Hazy said:
Tdc2182 said:
Hazy said:

Because, have you seen Gabe Newell?
Him riding a scooter paints a much more comedic picture.
Nonono, a chopper-bike! And he should wear shades and listen to metal.