When was the last time you cried and/or teared up during a video game?

PaulLAD

May 23, 2008
Is this post for real?

I ain't no beefy brick shithouse, fourarmed, massive slong'd sted-head with no emotions but, this is majorly femanine and homosexual.

Really disaspointed in you guys
*secretly goes in corner and cries*

I'M NOT CRYING....i just got somthing in my eye is all *sniff*

paiged

May 23, 2008
I found Eternal Sonata to be rather depressing, I don't think I cried but it kind of put me in a mood for a while. I don't think I've ever actually cried because of a game, though.

Icedrake402

Feb 26, 2008
ZwitterZwitter said:
The last time I remember outright *crying* at a video game was the first time I finished Grim Fandango. When Glottis finally said goodbye to Manny on the Number Nine platform I was a mess. :( Granted, I was about 12 y/o at the time but to this day I can never watch that cutscene without feeling a little sad.
Someone beat me to it. For me, it was the last meeting with Chepito at the railway station and what Manny says if you try and follow him. If you have Somethingawful forum access, there's a no-commentary playthrough of it that shows the whole storyline: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?postid=340545803#post340545803

And getting REALLY old-school, in Wing Commander II,
when Spirit kamikazes the station.
And also, there's a bad ending that triggers if you eject on the final mission. Assigned to a backwater monitoring station for disobeying orders, you hear about the destruction of the Concordia and the death of all your friends, while helpless to do anything about it. That really sucked.

Crap_haT said:
Also the end of Max Payne 2 depressed me.
If you complete the game on the hardest difficulty, there's an alternative ending.

Writerling

May 1, 2008
Lost Odyseey.
The memories are so sad, seriously. I weep everytime a read one.

Mass Effect's ending made me cry too. If you've played it and seen the ending, you'll know the part I mean. Just Wrex shaking his head like that when...man, that game was epic.

Writerling

May 1, 2008
Lost Odyseey.
The memories are so sad, seriously. I weep everytime a read one.

Mass Effect's ending made me cry too. If you've played it and seen the ending, you'll know the part I mean. Just Wrex shaking his head like that when...man, that game was epic.

Zemnexx

May 24, 2008
I've cried twice at video games, but both were when I was younger.

The first was at the death of Nanami in Suikoden II, it was terrible, I was like 11 and I remember crying for hours and being completely depressed for weeks, it wasn't till years later that I found out that there is a way to bring her back.

The second, now don't laugh, most of you have probably never played the game, and the only reason I did because I was stuck at my Grandmother's house for a few days, I was bored as can be, and there rental store in that small town had nothing good, and I just decided to wing it and pick a random game. The ending to Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure, I was like 10 I think, and even though I had no real intentions on liking the game, I did, I got really wrapped in the story, the characters were lovable, the music was catchy, and Im a fan of Anime, so it all went together very well.

But more recently I haven't cried on any games, there are a few out there that tug on heartstrings, but none yet that have made me cry as much as these two.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
Sorry but I can't think of any time I've cried during a video game.
The only ones I've played with good enough plots and characters are too badass.

s0denone

Apr 25, 2008
Never, sorry, I might the emotionally lacking.

Been playing videogames quite steadily, casually, for the last 9-10 years, but I've never wept at all due to any of them, and no - I don't 'just' play FPS' with no story what-so-ever.

I admit to that there is some touching moments, but tear-worthy? Hell no.

The only scene from any videogame or movie that I've watched that has been so, was when Bruce Willis said bye to his daughter in Armageddon. That is so fucking sad. Epic movie.

fierydemise

Mar 14, 2008
KOTOR 1, darkside ending on top of the temple and when you return to the ship, I won't spoil it for those who haven't played it, everyone who has knows what I mean.

Also Oblivion, Dark Brotherhood, The Purification. I didn't cry but it was definitely tough.

For those of you mentioning KOTOR 2, the cut content is even more powerful (party members killing each other based on your actions), if Team Gizka ever finishes we'll see it in all its glory.

Fronken

May 10, 2008
Cant say i've teared up over a game, they dont effect me as much as other media does, for example movies, im a total sissy when it comes to movies, and some books, but never a video game.

GoldenShadow

May 13, 2008
The one and only time is during the ending cutscene in Final Fantasy 8.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmDt-EbFslo

If you have seen it, you know what I'm talking about. First minute and a half. I had a pretty emotional response because I was really involved with the characters. Even watching it now, and not playing the game for a few years, that scene at around 1:02 still gives me chills

Other than that, I am usually too manly to show any emotion, but I secretly like to when no one is looking.

WolfMage

May 19, 2008
CoD4 on 3 separate occasions.
1. Death of Prez of unmentionedistan.
2. Death of Pvt. Jackson, or whatever in the nuke scene. (Y'know, the one Yahtzee talked about)
3. The cockslap of an ending. I mean, everyone fuckig dies! EVERYONE! What the hell?!

Another teary eyed moment (nope, never cried sept cause of toughness and frustration.) was the euthinization of the Companion Cube, and I still don't understand how a fucking box causes suck a reaction.

Also, the ending of Shadow of the Collosus. Damn, just damn.

And then there's the two endings for GTA IV. Why Roman, (or Kate) why?!

There's probly more, but I'm too lazy to put em right now.

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
Sorry, but I really can't rid myself of my suspension of disbelief, and so, even if it's the most touching moment ever, I won't tear up.

Nikita89

May 24, 2008
i never actually cried, but two scenes nearly got me:
-the ending of HL2:Episode 2
-the scene with the dying soldier after the nuclear bomb in COD4 :( sooo sad...

J9387

Jan 24, 2008
I almost teared up when Jackson died in COD4, I've never had a main character die like that on me.
The ending of COD4 is pretty powerful also.
Golden Sun TLA: When Issac, Felix and Jenna found out they just killed their parents, heart wrenching, even though they're resurrected, the final scene in Vale is just as powerful even though it really is a rather happy ending.

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
I guess the first time I teared up was in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. Don't know which part excactly, but the beauty of this game is that it plays like you're reading your own character's life story and playing it at the same time. And I've heard many people here who've gotten emotional because of books they read, so I figured Morrowind is something unique in this sense; not being influenced by character voices for the emotion but creating it yourself just like you were reading a book.
Oh yeah, and listening to Morrowind's soundtrack gets to me every time.

Kazos

Apr 9, 2008
Sgt. Johnson's death on Halo 3. Didn't cry, but I sure as hell felt like it...