When you get out of bed late at night

Exocet

Pandamonium is at hand
Dec 3, 2008
I don't even turn the lights on. I walk the 1.2 meters it takes for me to go from my bed to the bathroom, do the deed in the dark with my superb nightvision skillz, wash my hands with the faucet control preemptively positionned for optimal temperature, and I can walk back to bed.

I could even do it with my eyes closed, with audio feedback on my aiming, but honestly, that's just taking unnecessary risks for a meager pay-off.

Doopliss64

Jul 20, 2011
I never even turn on the light, and I always walk cautiously back to bed. That way, my eyes are adjusted to the dark, and I won't run stupidly around a corner and into an ambush. You see, I'll just beat those Homonculi at their own game. On a side note, I'm terrible at peeing in the dark, so my carefully established plan often requires some paper towels... :/

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
I walk slowly in the dark, until I get to a wall. Then I use the wall as a guide to where I want to go.

Like this, for example.

henkalv

Oct 31, 2011
I used to do that when I was little, but now I trust my ears to scan the surroundings for lurking horrors

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
I walk. I walk because I go to bed at 9 o'clock and get up at 3:30 a.m. So it doesn't really matter to me. Most of the time I'm walking to the kitchen to make myself something to eat.

Helmet

Could use a beer about now...
May 14, 2008
I stagger to the bathroom and then back, barely awake, usually kicking something.

Trasken

Mar 30, 2010
probably too sleepy to run for my life in case im being chased by a hypothetical monster in the dark, in fact more than once out of lazyness i've sat down to pee in the middle of the night XD

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Upon getting out of my room I release a test urination. Then I confirm if this item I peed on is in fact a toilet. If no I move on and try again. This goes on until I either find the toilet or I run out of urine doing the tests.

Ok fine I just walk to the bathroom and piss in the dark. Light is evil, light is foul, light is enemy.

Crazy_Dude

Nov 3, 2010
Toilet is right around the corner for me, so at night I just take a few steps and thats it.

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
I need to watch where I'm walking. The dogs getting old now and has issues controlling her bowels. This leads to some nasty suprises in the hallway.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
I don't turn the lights on. Last thing I want is to have solar flare before I take a piss, then walk back in the pitch blackness since my eyes adjusted to the light. I'll just pee in the dark.

Philol

Nov 7, 2011
Use to be shit scared of the dark so I would pretty much run back, but I generally just walk these days.

setting_son

Apr 14, 2009
Up until recently I would just walk back into my room, shut the door and return to bed. Lately I take gentle, timid steps because there's a mouse loose in my house and I don't want to step on it.

Mar 9, 2010
No, I walk like a badass. I used to be freaked out by things that go bump in the night but I just got used to it after staying up till like 3 or 4 and needing food. Now it doesn't phase me.

Master_of_Oldskool

Sep 5, 2008
I almost always run, as I am a tiny girl in a frilly tutu. Unless I've got my dog with me, in which case I consider myself invincible.

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
Pff. Never happens. (Mostly because it's almost dawn before I usually start thinking about sleep)

bakan

Jun 17, 2011
I walk through the darkness, because as soon as I turn on the lights I know that I will not be able to go to sleep for the next 1-2 hours.