Where do you think WW3 will start?

karamazovnew

Apr 4, 2011
Let's see...
Europe? nope because we rely on Soviet gas.
Africa? Yeah right, they have constant wars there but nobody seems to care.
Israel? Too well defended. Except if they attack first. Which they have done before and again, nobody seemed to care.
South America? Yeah... right...
Oceania? Nope. Too damn peaceful.
So that only leaves Iran, North Korea and China.

North Korea has made such a bad name for itself that even China wouldn't support them. On the contrary, I'd imagine they invade it first to keep the US out. And since the ideology is the same nobody would have anything to say about it, plus the population would welcome them. South Korea and Japan would also win from this, not having to care about nukes anymore.

China, well somebody suggested a case of civil war. But considering just how tight security is (Falun Gong is a great example of how they deal with pretty much any level of unrest), no way.

So that only leaves Iran and it's the "best" option for an all out world war. They've been surrounded on all sides which almost gives them the right to actually own nuclear weapons for defense. The population is very much behind their leaders. Even the opposition would hate a "liberating US army". The Russians have so far supported Iran and an invasion would plunge the US deeper into recession, China would buy everything in America, raise the dollar, crash the US home economy which would then lead to war with China to recover the assets. By this time Russia would jump to the aid of Iran to get their hands on the whole Middle East. This would draw North Korea out, India might take advantage and attack Pakistan. Israel might nuke somebody or get nuked themselves, well... you got the picture.

Malikaw

May 28, 2011
*You must see the reality of the situation. Do you know how many times we've come close to world war three over a flock of geese on a computer screen? Do you know what triggered the last world war? An argument over how many telegraph poles Germany owed its war debt creditors! Telegraph poles! Ha ha ha ha HA! It's all a joke! Everything anybody ever valued or struggled for... it's all a monstrous, demented gag! So why can't you see the funny side?*

I don't know where WW3 will start >.<. I think it will occur because of something silly involving hacking, or an assassination of a Dictator or President in the middle east. BUT MOST LIKELY THE DECLINING OF RESOURCES, that we will fight over the remaining of.

On the plus side anybody know where that quote came from, it sort of had to do with the topic on hand and person that names it gets a cookie.

Sean951

Mar 30, 2011
Andothul said:
BonsaiK said:
Saucycardog said:
The title says it.

Do you think world war 3 will start in Israel? Germany? North Korea? Australia?
It won't happen. The political and cultural landscape of the planet has permanently changed in such a way as to make a third world war impossible. The closest thing we'll ever get is the current "war on terror" which really isn't a world war any more than the "war on drugs" is a world war.
That's a rather naive assessment off the world in my opinion.

While i agree it won't happen now, that doesn't mean its impossible and any student of history knows that is fact it is inevitable.

My professor explained it this way. The world is one big powder keg, all it needs the right fuse and a spark. That fuse will most likely be a fight over the Earths ever lessening resources most likely oil.

Also anyone who knows a bit about history knows that you cannot have 2 world superpowers. The world isnt big enough for 2 and one will fall. China is quickly becoming a superpower

Edit: And to the Original question i'd say the Korean Penisula or the Indian/Pakistan
border
I would argue that China is a regional superpower with dreams of becoming a world wide one, such as the U.S. is right now, but I don't see it happening without a major shift in how they govern. They are increasingly having troubles trying to keep the rural farmers and villages happy, they receive foreign aide, and they don't have a blue water navy, though they are working quite hard on the last bit. Couple it with a declining population (severe shortage of women) and India's rise, and I would say India is the most likely nation to attain Superpower status.

PMorgan18

Apr 6, 2010
dashiz94 said:
Um...I'm pretty sure Germany started the second World War when they INVADED Poland.
They wouldn't have invaded Poland if it wasn't for the ridiculousness of the Treaty of Versailles.
The treaty destroyed the German economy allowing Hitler to rise to power and use the German people's hatred and distrust to setup his Third Reich.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Like others have said, I reckon it's already started. The middle east is already at war and things between China and USA and just gonna get worse as China gets more powerful. I'm not sure about the rest of the world but here in Australia we are getting almost overrun by imagrants and they're trying to change our culture so that's not gonna end well. Somethings gonna give eventually and it won't be pretty when it does. I say the all out world war will start somewhere in the middle east.

Prince Regent

Dec 9, 2007
tycho0042 said:
My guess will be North korea invades south korea, we move to assist,, china moves for north korea then bam, whole thing goes to hell
Tough I always wanted to go to Asia I wonder what good the deployment of Escapists will do. Tough you're right in that it would probably go to hell.

Anyway if there's going to be a third WW I'm guessing it will only be after the major economical and military power has shifted to asia and most notably China. But I wouldn't expect a world war anytime soon. Maybe in 40 years or so.

dashiz94

Apr 14, 2009
PMorgan18 said:
dashiz94 said:
Um...I'm pretty sure Germany started the second World War when they INVADED Poland.
They wouldn't have invaded Poland if it wasn't for the ridiculousness of the Treaty of Versailles.
The treaty destroyed the German economy allowing Hitler to rise to power and use the German people's hatred and distrust to setup his Third Reich.
Oh! You were referring back to one of the initial causes of the war. Okay, that makes sense then. I thought you were honestly going to make the point that England and France retaliating to Germany started WWII. But nope, I see that you actually know your history. Good for you.

Sean951

Mar 30, 2011
PMorgan18 said:
dashiz94 said:
That was a root cause, but the war itself didn't start until they invaded Poland. Trying to put all the blame on Britain and France really isn't fair since the German people knew full well what was going on at this point.

Prince Regent

Dec 9, 2007
Astoria said:
here in Australia we are getting almost overrun by imagrants and they're trying to change our culture so that's not gonna end well. Somethings gonna give eventually and it won't be pretty when it does. I say the all out world war will start somewhere in the middle east.
Australian culture?
Oh your religious values based upon reverence for the land and your a belief in a "Dreamtime". Most of those imigrants probably don't even know how to play the didgeridoo.

Good luck in stopping those Imigrants that are "trying to change your culture"

NinjaOnXTC

Apr 25, 2011
A super-power war will probably happen some time soon, it's cause will be the exponential increase in cyber-terrorism and it being linked back to China, this is annoy USA and they will declare war, then Fallout will become reality :D.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Prince Regent said:
Astoria said:
here in Australia we are getting almost overrun by imagrants and they're trying to change our culture so that's not gonna end well. Somethings gonna give eventually and it won't be pretty when it does. I say the all out world war will start somewhere in the middle east.
Australian culture?
Oh your religious values based upon reverence for the land and your a belief in a "Dreamtime" will all change. Most of those imigrants probably don't even know how to play the didgeridoo.

Good luck in stopping those Imigrants that are "trying to change your culture"
An example is some schools aren't allowed to celebrate Christmas because there is one muslim child at the school. Believe it or not we do have a culture here in Australia and it's being taken away from us.

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
Wars don't just start one day, there's years of buildup before actual hostilities, and a lot has to go wrong before actual conflict occurs. Fortunately, most countries in the world put a lot of resources into preventing war, so I doubt a WW3 is likely.