Where will the next war start?

Kaboose the Moose

Feb 15, 2009
martin said:
I don't see how Iran or North Korea can start a world war. It is possible that USA will attack them sooner or later (because lets face it..they can), but there is no way it can escalate into world war. While capable of resistance I think they are too weak and have little to no allies that would back them up.
The only possible world war scenario is confrontation between military superpowers Russia or China vs. USA and NATO which is highly unlikely right now, but it is possible that in next 100 years we'll have wars for food and oil that will grow into world war.

and then US would annex Canada and China and US would go to a nuclear war and then there would be a RL fallout 3 situation. Awesomes!

The US would not annex Canada there is no reason for them to and Canada wouldn't allow it. During a time of war it would cause too much damage to speak of annexation. The US gains way more as an ally than it would as a union with Canada.
I am well aware of that, I was just quoting the news feed from Fallout 3 as to how in game, the US responded to threats from China. This would obviously not the case in real life but it is an amusing thought!

Washboard

Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!
Dec 17, 2008
Spudgun Man said:
Hmm pretty senseless topic but i'll jump up on the band wagon. Scotland and England again. Its been a few years of quiet.
Grr, i'll show you scottish rage ye wee sissy :)

Colonel Rosso

Jan 1, 2009
Fronken said:
Well we've all heard the saying "Third time's the charm"...

So it's fairly obvious the germans will try for world domination again.
I seriously doubt this. The Germans would never start a war again. They do candlelight vigils and write "nie wieder"(Never again) in candlelight. There are more passifists in germany than in lets say... Russia, America and China combined. Not to mention that they would only get their german little hands on eastern europe and France before England and the U.S. beat the crap out of them. Besides, both of these places SUCK.

My money would be on America annexing Mexico first and then the entire freaking continent. This would get out of hand when a Stanistan (Generic name for tiny insignificant east asian country) terrorist would steal nukes and fire them at DC. They will use America's attack on Mexico as proof that America will not stop until it destroys the world.

Mr Fatherland

Nov 10, 2008
Baby Tea said:
Spicy meatball said:
Iran and N. Korea, Iran speaks for itself but with N.Korea and their testing it will all plummet into a word war.
I hate word wars! Scrabble, Boggle, and crosswords...all battling it out for word supremacy.
It's not pretty.
Oh! You just made my freakin' century!

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
I'm leaning towards the Middle East, maybe with Iran or another country over there.

Legendel

Jun 26, 2008
Um.... Space? We can all hope for a couple of hundred years peace then turn star trek into reality? minus the third world war that almost killed everyone...

Spicy meatball

Feb 17, 2009
It's the quiet one you have to watch for. You make fun of them long enough and then they suddenly snap. Like Canada, France or Belgium.

space_oddity

Oct 24, 2008
I dont think there will be another world-scale conflict. Sure, there will always be little country vs. country squabbles, but i think too many very powerful people have to much invested in global stability. Then again big oil would love nothing more than a nice big war to ramp up demand.

Nick Bounty

Feb 17, 2009
martin said:
Nick Bounty said:
Sewblon said:
Nick Bounty said:
Sewblon said:
The next war will be Russia attempting to reclaim another one of their former surrogates. The next World War will be between The U.S, Japan and Turkey.
Japan?. They have a Self Defense Force but last I checked they do not have a standard fighting battalion a.k.a an army. So what will they fight with?. and most importantly Why?. What would cause Japan to go to war or why would someone declare war on Japan. They aren't doing anything hostile now are they?
Japan doesn't have enough people or raw materials in their own country and they dislike immigrants, eventually they will have to adopt expansionist policies, they actually have enough money to assemble a fighting force from scratch and they were in a world war before. They also have a long history of military rivalry with China and China is on the rise.
Fair point. If anything, the more likely sparks for wars in the future will be water and oil. Food the rich countries can get relatively easily, but water is a very finite resource, that will certainly kick off if global warming does dry places out.
I disagree with that point about water, people are working on very advanced purification systems that could potentially turn undrinkable sea water into drinkable water. Which means when these advancements happen then there will be no reason for anybody to fight over water.
martin said:
Nick Bounty said:
Sewblon said:
Nick Bounty said:
Sewblon said:
The next war will be Russia attempting to reclaim another one of their former surrogates. The next World War will be between The U.S, Japan and Turkey.
Japan?. They have a Self Defense Force but last I checked they do not have a standard fighting battalion a.k.a an army. So what will they fight with?. and most importantly Why?. What would cause Japan to go to war or why would someone declare war on Japan. They aren't doing anything hostile now are they?
Japan doesn't have enough people or raw materials in their own country and they dislike immigrants, eventually they will have to adopt expansionist policies, they actually have enough money to assemble a fighting force from scratch and they were in a world war before. They also have a long history of military rivalry with China and China is on the rise.
Fair point. If anything, the more likely sparks for wars in the future will be water and oil. Food the rich countries can get relatively easily, but water is a very finite resource, that will certainly kick off if global warming does dry places out.
I disagree with that point about water, people are working on very advanced purification systems that could potentially turn undrinkable sea water into drinkable water. Which means when these advancements happen then there will be no reason for anybody to fight over water.
While the technology does exist many third world nations cannot afford a desalination plant let alone a grey water recycling center to supply an entire nation. My point was that these nations would start sqaubling amongst themselves for fresh water. Developed nations would have a problem with this too. Since most power plants (including nuclear) need steam power to churn the turbines it would lead to a worldwide power crisis and come full circle. Without water you can't run a power station and without power you can run a water station.

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
Skarin said:
The title is pretty self explanatory I guess, where will the next war start?. Will it errupt somewhere in the middle east or in Russia, or somewhere entirely new?. There are many hot spots right now with Israel and Palestine in conflict and North Korea doing it's weapon testing but with so many unstable regions I thought you might have some opinions.
well if you asked ne 1 in 2006 they would have said Iran, instead it happened in Georgia. so i dont think we can really say at all

Specter_

Dec 24, 2008
Voodoopigs said:
If it's like a World War, there isn't going to be another one. If it's just like a small conflict, I reckon some shitholes in Africa will have a go at each other next.
This.

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
If it's not in Switzlerland, they'll start it. Like in another topic, they could hijack the funds of the international safes in Zurich for war bonds. Someone had to have pissed them off at some point

Grass_Watcher

Feb 25, 2009
you're all forgetting about the Principality of Liechtenstein, no one would ever see it coming, its the perfect plan.