Which Language Do You Wish You Spoke?

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Definitely Japanese for me.

Though...if we could include languages made up for certain shows/games, it might be fun to know Klingon, D'ni, or Elvish.

Grimbold

Nov 19, 2009
Latvian. Because it sounds like the most epic mixture between old Greek, Slavic and German.
If it had to be something more useful i'd choose Russian to make conversation with hookers.

Koeryn

Mar 2, 2009
Russian, Mandarin, Cantonese (If I can speak / read / write mandarin, I could make it through Japan pretty easily, assuming I ever for some reason go to Japan), and / or Irish Gaelic.

Jun 11, 2008
Bit annoyed at the lack of people knowing the use of Gaelic. you either call Irish Irish or Gaeilge. Gaelic is a horrible anglicized version of Gaeilge. Gaelic refers not to a language but the whole culture of the Gaels so for all I know you could be asking to learn how to speak Manx or Cornish.

OT: Gaeilge or Japanese or Mandarin Chinese. Gaeilge because it is really annoyingly hard language to learn to write properly and Japanse or Chinese because I have always wanted to learn a sort of Oriental style language.

Cheshire Cat

Sep 26, 2008
I'd go with Japanese, Russian or Ancient Norse. Although it would be entertaining to learn one of those freaky languages where it's all clicks and whistles :p

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Japanese, I'm going to need to learn it eventually when I escape from england because, as I think the world has established by this point [HEADING=1]ENGLAND IS SHIT[/HEADING]

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Either Chinese, Korean, or Arabic, I am joining the military and those seem like they would be by far the most useful.

Dascylus

May 22, 2010
Cornish, it's dying out as a native tongue and I'm supposing magical language ability is complete fluency so I could help revive it...

Point to note... Although I am noble enough to help my heritige by magical means I am far too lazy to do it manually.

[.redacted]

Jan 24, 2010
Strangely, I find this a lot more embarrassing than admitting many other personal facts.

But then, that could be because I would choose Japanese...

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
I came in here - hoping - not to see Japanese within the first page. I didn't even make it to the second reply :(

As for me, hmm, I think outside of practical usage Latin and French or Italian would be fun ones to know.

sicnasty77

Apr 14, 2009
Polish because that is what the Girlfriends family speaks and its hard to communicate without some knowledge of the language.