Who is Your Waifu?

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
shrekfan246 said:
Well, okay, I don't go so far as to consider any character a "waifu" or anything, but yeah.
Agreed. I don't think anyone takes it seriously at all, though. It's just a laugh.

OT:

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
My kawaii waifu desu desu chan? So many choices! -Throw sparkles-

On a srs note, I haven't been attracted to an animated character in a very long time.
I DO love Loke from Fairy Tail (in his Leo form) because he was so sweet and well designed.
The suit probably did it as well. Ack, suits! -Drool-

Azudarko

Jan 15, 2014
Easy answer, for me.

Iskandar! The King of Conquerors!

He's Alexander the Great, son! He's a heroic spirit, which means he was so awesome that the Holy Grail was like "you are totally awesome, let me save a copy of you so that you can fight a bunch of other awesome historical dudes in my wars, and shit." And he goes along with it, but only because he wants to conquer the world.

"Doesn't wanting to conquer the world make him a bad guy?" you ask, because you don't know things. No, it doesn't. Because Broskander lives by a code: "To win, but not destroy; to conquer, but not humiliate: That is what true conquest is!" So basically, he wants to beat you - but instead of killing or humiliating you, he wants to make you see how absolutely baller he is, and join his crew. He's even willing to sit down and drink with his enemies if he thinks that there's a chance they can be bros.

His entire super-power, the Ionion Hetairoi, is based on the fact that his followers were so loyal to him that they want to serve him for all eternity. He is literally a world conqueror powered by friendship. Broskander is the best waifu, with the pimpest cape.

INF1NIT3 D00M

Aug 14, 2008
II2 said:
-SNIP-
^^{HOLY SHIT, BONUS POINTS FOR KNOWING ABOUT 'I Feel Sick' AND/OR 'JTHM'}^^
It seems that my list of Waifus and this user's list of Waifus contain many of the same characters.
Let's skip the part where we consider how creepy that is, and go right to the part where I list the characters I'd add to this list:

That's all I can think of right at the moment. I'm sure there are more.
Looking back through this list, I guess I just happen to like strong, confident women. Alternatively, women who are dark, brooding, and completely unstable. Or in some cases, a mixture of the two.
So, yeah. The women I'm most attracted to are also the ones who make me incredibly nervous.

CloudAtlas

Mar 16, 2013
Scarim Coral said:
Neither, sure there have been some female anime characters that I have an attraction to but not to the point I want them to be my "waifu" making sound like she is my thing/ object.
Oh well, yea. I admit to having developed a certain attraction to Mass Effects Tali'Zorah when I played it, but when I realized how old she actually is, and what her character actually is like... I felt awkward, and like a creep. This experience shall serve as a cautionary tale for the future.
I'm probably getting too old for this too. Even if I could look behind the awful anime cutesy, many of the characters posted here look just way too young to my taste. I'm also a bit disturbed by someone's mentioning of Bioshock's Elizabeth: I mean, she's...
your (character's) daughter, for god's sake...

Snowbell

Apr 13, 2012
If you're taking Husbando as being a character you consider to be a literal significant other then I have none

If we were going with the character crushes version instead then my list would go on for pages...

It's a lose-lose situation -_-;

INF1NIT3 D00M

Aug 14, 2008
CloudAtlas said:
-SNIP-
I'm also a bit disturbed by someone's mentioning of Bioshock's Elizabeth: I mean, she's your (character's) daughter, for god's sake...
Technically, she's not my daughter, she's my alternate-universe clone's daughter, which makes it okay because... reasons.
Though even then, she's not my actual daughter. She's Booker's daughter. I'm pretty sure that the whole waifu thing is between you as a real person and the fictional character, it doesn't really have anything to do with any other characters. However, I can see how Booker DeWitt would be one seriously scary father-in-law... and... alternate-universe-father-in-law...

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
CloudAtlas said:
INF1NIT3 D00M said:
Woah woah woah guys, those are pretty spoilerific posts for Bioshock Infinite right there. If I was half way through the game and I saw that I'd be rather annoyed. Can you please spoiler tag them?

CloudAtlas

Mar 16, 2013
INF1NIT3 D00M said:
Technically, she's not...
my daughter, she's my alternate-universe clone's daughter, which makes it okay because... reasons

Though even then, she's not my actual daughter. She's Booker's daughter.
I'm pretty sure that the whole waifu thing is between you as a real person and the fictional character, it doesn't really have anything to do with any other characters.
I tried to write spoiler-free, but the result was dreadful, so (Bioshock Infinite spoiler following)...
I just think it's weird to become romantically/sexually attached to an (entirely unromantically portrayed and not sexualized) character who is, in the context of the game, in the context of the character through whose eyes (quite literally so, as it is an FPS) you experience this world, your daughter.

Drummodino said:
Woah woah woah guys, those are pretty spoilerific posts for Bioshock Infinite right there. If I was half way through the game and I saw that I'd be rather annoyed. Can you please spoiler tag them?
Sorry. It's safe now.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
CloudAtlas said:
INF1NIT3 D00M said:
Technically, she's not...
my daughter, she's my alternate-universe clone's daughter, which makes it okay because... reasons

Though even then, she's not my actual daughter. She's Booker's daughter.
I'm pretty sure that the whole waifu thing is between you as a real person and the fictional character, it doesn't really have anything to do with any other characters.
I tried to write spoiler-free, but the result was dreadful, so (Bioshock Infinite spoiler following)...
I just think it's weird to become romantically/sexually attached to an (entirely unromantically portrayed and not sexualized) character who is, in the context of the game, in the context of the character through whose eyes (quite literally so, as it is an FPS) you experience this world, your daughter.
You are assuming that all people who play games with characters, play as them as though they are that character. For me personally I look at it the same way as I do a book. I am not that character, I am simply seeing the events from their perspective. The fact that I am the one controlling their actions doesn't make any difference. I am essentially the narrator the way I look at it.

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
I have a couple, but damn it, I can't choose between them. (I'm going with anime waifu's now)

Yakumo from School Rumble:

She's So pretty, and kind. And I like that she is one of the more quiet and calm people in the anime. (the rest are just Crazy o_O)

Then there's Suigintou from Rozen Maiden:

My most favorite villain Ever. Yes, I think I like her even more than I like the Joker. O-O
Especially in the later seasons when you know why she is the way she is, and you can appreciate everything she says with more direct emotional connection you (or at least *I*) start liking her a lot.

And lastly there's Senjougahara from Bakemonogatari:
If you know who she is, chances are you love her too. Let's just say she's one of the most bitingly sarcastic and evil girls in all of anime, while still managing at times to be very sweet and cute. I would Not mind her putting her stapler in My mouth. ~_^
(not a metaphor... >_>)

That's My list of waifu's. I was going to try to make it shorter, but these three really fight evenly for top position. :)

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Casual Shinji said:
You're my waifu.

Yes you, the one reading this post. =]
Sorry, but I prefer the strong, silent type:

I knew this thread's day would come. You humans are a strange bunch.

CloudAtlas

Mar 16, 2013
Legion said:
You are assuming that all people who play games with characters, play as them as though they are that character. For me personally I look at it the same way as I do a book. I am not that character, I am simply seeing the events from their perspective. The fact that I am the one controlling their actions doesn't make any difference. I am essentially the narrator the way I look at it.
I get your point. I'm not saying that all people who do that are perverts who want to... engage in generally not highly esteemed sexual practices (not sure how to describe it better without spoiler), just that I find it weird that such a romantic attachment comes to be in the first place since you experience this story through this specific lens. I don't think I want to dish out moral judgments in a thread about waifus...

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
A fictional character from non-live-action visual media huh... can't say I really find animated characters attractive in that way (not that there's anything wrong with that), however there's one who I do have a strong connection with:

Mr Bubbles is my waifu!

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
JoJo said:
A fictional character from non-live-action visual media huh... can't say I really find animated characters attractive in that way (not that there's anything wrong with that), however there's one who I do have a strong connection with:

Mr Bubbles is my waifu!
Sex don't get no safer than that, son.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
aisha clanclan cause who doesn't love a catgirl who can bench press a bus and love you forever just for feeding her.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSW6XD8cDrJW4oilTuY8h-HKrT7LssvG-8l64_W6my6JP7bDFIwLg

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Barbas said:
JoJo said:

Mr Bubbles is my waifu!
Sex don't get no safer than that, son.
Probably for the best, I hear he's always happy to let young girls ride on him >.>