Why do guys seem to hate Quiche?

Tjebbe

Jul 2, 2008
coldfrog said:
It's the name.
Real manly men like when the name of a particular thing sounds manly and cool. If it doesn't, they don't like it.
Try to imagine Dirty Harry or Scarface say "quiche".
I know what you're thinking: "Did he eat six pieces, or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a quiche lorraine, the most delicious quiche in the world, and would blow your taste buds clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

Hey, works for me. I know what I'm cooking tomorrow.

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
I googled it and it looks like a pie, sorta. Pies are unmanly?
I enjoy, does that add enough man points to counter it?

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Tjebbe said:
coldfrog said:
It's the name.
Real manly men like when the name of a particular thing sounds manly and cool. If it doesn't, they don't like it.
Try to imagine Dirty Harry or Scarface say "quiche".
I know what you're thinking: "Did he eat six pieces, or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a quiche lorraine, the most delicious quiche in the world, and would blow your taste buds clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

Hey, works for me. I know what I'm cooking tomorrow.
How on earth did you quote me for someone else's post? :p

That said... I DO feel lucky! *GULP* Awwww yeah. QUICHED!
Am I Quiche-draw McGraw? Do I lose a man-card for THAT joke?

Jacob Haggarty

Sep 1, 2010
Well, i quite like quiche, depending on who makes it. If my MUM makes a spinach and bacon quiche, then i'll pass, because usually what it is (my mum is an excellent cook, just to say) is a mouthful of soggy spinach, with a smattering of egg, cheese and -if you're lucky- a tiny bit of bacon. Although, if theres no spinach in it anyway, its really good (bacon central).

However, store-bought quiche is usually quite nice.

KaosuHamoni

Apr 7, 2010
I fucking love homemade quiche. Cheese, spinach and tomato omnomnom, however, while there are a few exceptions, I find shop-bought quiche bland and uninteresting.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Cheshire the Cat said:
Its like a mother fucking bacon, egg and veg pie just without the top crust. Thats manly as balls!
Quiche is awesome, end 'o story.

Gralian said:
It's cold. And jellyfied. And cold.
Cold and jellyfied? Thats not a quiche... quiche contains no gelatin and should be served hot.
It does feel kind of jellyfied. I don't know why but, I really don't like quiche.
Not because of any kind of supposed role, I just don't like it...which is weird because I fucking adore egg.

Dec 14, 2009
Vanguard_Ex said:
Cheshire the Cat said:
Its like a mother fucking bacon, egg and veg pie just without the top crust. Thats manly as balls!

Gralian said:
Cold and jellyfied? Thats not a quiche... quiche contains no gelatin and should be served hot.
It does feel kind of jellyfied. I don't know why but, I really don't like quiche.
Not because of any kind of supposed role, I just don't like it...which is weird because I fucking adore egg.
I second this. I love eggs, but I can't stand quiche.

It's like, a shitty omlette, that had had sex with a pie, and the offspring of that coupling was the quiche.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
You can eat quiche and be manly. You just have to eat it without a fork and must be willing to chase it with out 2 bottles of liquor while grunting and scratching yourself in unsightly places.

MagicMouse

Dec 31, 2009
I refuse to eat it on principle.

Said principle being that is it spelled in the most incoherent way possible.

Nov 28, 2010
I've never heard anything about it not being manly, huh. I didn't even know foods had the capacity to be feminine.

All I really do know is...I hate quiche. Seriously. I want to like it. I try so hard to enjoy it, but something about the texture of it just makes me queasy. Same with porridge.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
jumjalalabash said:
Ignorance being that most quiche I find is 70% bacon.
And you can add even more bacon as well. :) Food is food at the end of the day. How can certain food be less mainly? If you said "pick frosted strawberry fairy cake" then fine.....but then it is a cake. An know one can see the pink frosting when its inside your stomach. :)

Tjebbe

Jul 2, 2008
coldfrog said:
How on earth did you quote me for someone else's post? :p
Never underestimate the sheer power of absolute failure in clicking the right button, followed by an extensive round of deleting the wrong part of the post :)

My apologies, good frog, I henceforth shall pay more attention to what I am doing. Must be the thought of quiches that destroyed my ability to pay attention to what I was doing.

Skoosh

Jun 19, 2009
It's mostly the name, I think. If you called it egg-cheese pie, there'd be no problem, haha. Also some quiche comes with more spinach or other vegetables, so it is less "manly" but whatever. Anyone that judges masculinity on food alone is someone whose respect I don't really want. I think quiche can make for a decent breakfast, not my favorite, but not bad.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
Cheshire the Cat said:

Gralian said:
I second this. I love eggs, but I can't stand quiche.

It's like, a shitty omlette, that had had sex with a pie, and the offspring of that coupling was the quiche.
Haha, the bastard child of a shite omelette and a pie, I like that. It's accurate.
If the egg part of the quiche was more like scrambled egg I don't think I'd ever stop eating it.