Why do guys seem to hate Quiche?

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
I love it, I didn't like it as a kid, but as a 19 year old. It's good shit. I've even just got into eating it more the last few days and will have it more regularly. Just able to cut up a nice slice, heat it for 2 minutes and it's great. Even the spinach heavy ones are good.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
You know what's manly? Eating whatever the hell you want. Because a real man does what he wants and doesn't give two shits what people say about i,t like some kid looking for his momma's approval. So if you want to eat it, eat it proud. Give em the stink eye and say, "Yeah I'm eat'n quiche... what are you gonna do about it? I thought so..."

Con Carne

Nov 12, 2009
I haven't met any guys who hate quiche. Though, if they were to hate it, I'm sure they'd probably hate it more so for the name. Quiche doesn't sound like anything. Especially your breakfast tossed into a blender and baked in a pie pan.

matrix guardian

Feb 6, 2010
I've never even heard of this before. I am a man and I like quiche. I think there is WAY too much attention put toward people's opinions on what is or is not "manly." It's all bullshit anyway. A "REAL man" chooses to eat what he likes and says fuck all to what people call it (both in the name of the dish and the label people put on eating said dish).

Dec 27, 2010
kikon9 said:
It's something bizarre that I keep noticing in popular culture, the idea that a "real man" doesn't eat Quiche. Am I the only one who's never understood this?
No, but you're the only person who notices it. I myself am a huge fan of quiche, but I've never seen any hate for it.

Pinstar

Jul 22, 2009
Wrong application. See packaging and presentation is everything. Quiche, just the name alone does not look appetizing. The dish itself isn't terribly nice to look at either.

However, if you throw it on a round of dough you can re-name it "Breakfast Pizza". Suddenly the baked egg dish transforms the dubious to the curious.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
I am a guy and I love quiche! First time I have heard of it being unmanly then again I don't ever see threads or have conversations about quiche.

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
Most quiche I eat is stuffed with bacon and/or blue cheese. Women I know don't touch the stuff, and I love it.

HardkorSB

Mar 18, 2010
kikon9 said:
It's something bizarre that I keep noticing in popular culture, the idea that a "real man" doesn't eat Quiche. Am I the only one who's never understood this? I mean, it's basically scrambled eggs with cheese, nobody ever sees a problem with that. Can somebody just explain to me when and how we decided it wasn't a "manly" food?
It's the name.
Real manly men like when the name of a particular thing sounds manly and cool. If it doesn't, they don't like it.
Try to imagine Dirty Harry or Scarface say "quiche".

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
This is yet another case of me being totally confused. Is this really a thing? Do they take away one of your man cards for quiche eating? I've never heard this and it doesn't make sense. Then again, a lot of the concept of "manliness" seems to escape me, so I'm not the right guy for the job anyway, it just seems odd to me. Ah well.