Why do you hate Skyrim?

Supertask

Oct 23, 2011
SirBryghtside said:
Skyrim fixes so much of that it's insane, but I really have no idea why Oblivion fans would dislike Skyrim.
Yeah I agree Skyrim fixed and improved some things about Oblivion. And I also have no idea why Oblivion fans would dislike Skyrim - I was introduced to the series by Oblivion and I love Skyrim.

Darkmantle

Oct 30, 2011
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.324288-Ways-that-Oblivion-is-superior-to-Skyrim?page=1

I think he is probably referring to threads like this, while not strictly hate, they got pretty heated for no reason.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
enzilewulf said:
Only thing I hate is the glitches and the fact that on adept the fucking dragons will eat you at half health >.<
It's such a standard animation that the game forces your character model to in front of the dragon even when you're behind a pillar. The dragon also clips through the pillar to attack. It's ridiculous.

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
I have been doing nothing but playing Skyrim in my spare time, since I got it on the 12th, and I show no signs of stopping, I love it and I'm gonna be playing it a while yet

JET1971

Apr 7, 2011
Switchblade 327 said:
I have several small gripes, some regarding glitches, others regarding little gameplay flaws I've noticed that, while not game-breaking, are annoying, but the overall impression that I get from the game is one that will likely keep me entertained for a long time.
I'm not touching mods yet, though looking through whats so far done. I always play the original until im happy with my progress before touching mods. then its play time!

I still think the level up system could have more options, or atleast all skill options instead of having the stamina, magic, and health with just 1 perk point. you level up and its a major letdown on improving your character. then the grindy bits like leveling an extra skill like alchemy or enchanting, you can gain 20 levels to get them to 100 and have jack shit for combat abilities and be completly cripled.

MadPetOwner

Jun 19, 2010
There are are several things that annoy me.

For one, the leveling system. It's not a bad leveling system, not at all. It's just that in both Morrowind and Oblivion it was a leveling system more like a tabletop game. Where you distrubuted points, not percents. And I liked that.

And the other, the questlines for the factions are really cut short. Sure, there are more quests total. But it's fetch quests for random people on the street that I couldn't care less about.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
From another thread I was in,

I've played one character, since midnight launch, at least 10 hours a day. Sometimes more.

I've completed 3 main story missions, a few of the Companion quests, and the rest is just good, solid, adventuring.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This game is a toolbox. A DM's adventure for one. If you can role-play, and enjoy it, then you'll enjoy Skyrim. If you've been ruined by linear or MMO rpg's, you will not enjoy it. If you plow through the main quest, you will be dissapointed (and cheating yourself).

Here's a test.

When overhearing a conversation that will surely start a quest, do you

A. Listen intently, weighing your characters intent to get involved or not, then do the quest, reading all material that comes with it, paying attention to all the small details about the story of said quest in a dungeon, then feel pride when you've put the story to rest, returning for a reward for a job well done.

B. Initiate dialogue before the quest giver finishes expositing, then mash A repeatedly until you get the quest marker, then plow to it, killing everything, reading or observing nothing subtle such as telling the story through dungeon design, only to finally return, disappointed that you didn't get enough loot or that this small, personal story didn't affect your world or main story drastically.

If you answered A, cool. Skyrim's for you. If you answered B, then you should probably just stick to Gears of War or Uncharted or another action game that's over in 8 hours and shoves everything you need to know to do it in your face.

Fanfic_warper

Jan 24, 2011
It's just too much for a game. I prefer my games to be deep but simple. You don't need a vast continent to explore to have a good game.

CultistRat

Sep 18, 2009
The only I hate about Skyrim at the moment is that I can't play it because I need a new motherboard so I can get a processor that can run it.

CulixCupric

Oct 20, 2011
shasjas said:
i don't know why anyone would hate it. its might not be to their personal tastes, but its a great game IMO and not worth hating.
I don't think it's even possible to hate Skyrim, unless they believe that fake "SkyRim" satire done by the trolls. Damn poe's law.

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
Dandark said:
I can't see why people would hate it but I can see why some people may get frustrated like I did.

Magic user character walking through the wilds then........

Sabre cat. F***ing sabre cat.
Get the impact perk, nothing will ever touch you again.

Arrzarr

May 31, 2011
I don't hate it, I just don't want to play it...or does that make me the same thing in your eyes?

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Richardplex said:
OT: I was initially unhappy with Skyrim because of Spell-blades. The Dual-wield system always shows off the ability to use a sword and spell, but that combination is a road full of tears, frustration and inadequacy, as so much is either locked out or hampered, with nothing gained in return. Then I went for a non hybrid, and enjoyed the game.
Wait so Battle Mage is a bad idea?

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
I don't hate Skyrim.

I hate Skyrim's developer Bethesda for their practice of releasing an extremely buggy, glitchy mess of a game and trying to cover their ass by saying "meh, we might patch it later" as an excuse. And I hate that people don't seem to ever call them out on it despite them getting worse and worse with that in every new game they make.

I hate Skyrim's fans for becoming the obnoxious and annoying fanbase since Portal and CoD, with the endless barrage of "Arrow in the Knee" jokes and making such nice and friendly claims like this:

King of the Sandbox said:
then you should probably just stick to Gears of War or Uncharted or another action game that's over in 8 hours and shoves everything you need to know to do it in your face.
Translation: LOL UR 2 STUPID TO LIKE SKYRIM. GO BACK TO COD, LOSER.
And this is one of the nicer Skyrim fanboy insults I've seen...

But I don't hate Skyrim. It's a well made (well, considering the glitches, not really, but you get what I'm saying) and ambitious game, providing a lot of options and an interesting world. The fanboys may be sneering arrogant pseudo-hipsters, and people like me who actually want to play it on PS3 are left out in the cold, but I can appreciate what it does right.

Do I think it has a serious ton of problems that can't be addressed without the legions of fanboys screeching like a bunch of banshees at you? Yes. Do I think that Skyrim has no business whatsoever being anywhere close to consideration for Game of the Year with bugs this awful and so easy to replicate through the game? Damn right I do. But do I think Skyrim is a bad game? No. I don't.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
I don't hate it, I've got 100 hours in.

One thing I've found odd, though, is HOW FAST you rise in the ranks of an organization.

The companions:
"Oh hi, we're the companions, time for your initiation fetch quest."
"Welcome back! Now, come down to this spooky cave where we will initiate you into the INNER SANCTUM"

College of Winterhold:
"Sup n00bzor! Time for class. Hit this ruin."
"Oh, neat, go find this thing."
"Could you go find another thing? This guy is a dick."
"BEHOLD: YOU ARE TEH ARCHMAGE WOOT"

Imperial Conquest:
"HI THERE. Kill some dudes."
"Kill some more dudes."
"Kill some more dudes."
"Theres catapults on the hill but you don't get anything for shooting them."
"You are the hero of skyrim! Thanks for killing ulfric! Note: Everyone will go on as if the rebellion is still in full swing."

I'm just praying the dark brotherhood quests don't go the same way.

Caramel Frappe said:
My only complaint apart from the major things most people enlisted on here are the wolves. There are SO many wolves, in Skyrim.. that it makes me wonder how in Oblivion can anyone walk around without being attacked by 7 pairs or more in a row?
Kyne's Peace. Oh-my-god. Makes the animals lurve you. Learn to love it. I pop it a few times a day. Skeevers, mudcrabs, bears and wolves. Pacified instantly.