Why don't YOU have Skyrim?

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
jamart said:
So, why don't you have God-in-a-box, I mean, Skyrim yet?
Because I possess the ability to think and form opinions for myself, so I don't buy games I'm not interested in just because some people on the internet tell me to?

I have Oblivion, tried it, didn't care much for it. I'm trying it again, so far, it's meh. If I finish it and like it, I'll probably wait for a Steam sale then get Skyrim. Until then, I'll save my money and enjoy living while knowing I can actually think for myself and understand that just because I like something that doesn't mean everyone else likes it, too.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
I never had any interest in the game to begin with, not because I don't like it's genre or designer but because I just never really gived a fuck about it.

Besides I'm enjoying Shadow of Colossus and Ico HD collection.

[sup] Speaking of Ico, I'm not afraid to say that Yorda is adorable.[/sup]

bpm195

May 21, 2008
I'm making a conscious effort to waste less of my life on pointless computer-centric activities...

and yet I'm making this post... fml.

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
It honestly looks like the kind of game I might enjoy, but the universe-shattering levels of hype got so annoying it turned me off the game completely. Just hearing about it for the past three months pretty much non-stop gave me enough Skyrim for one lifetime. Same thing kinda happened with me and Minecraft. Bought it, played a couple times, couldn't see what all the hype is about, haven't touched it in months.

theamazingbean

Dec 29, 2009
Bethesda games in general are bit too slow and generic for me. Furthermore, I'm offended by the intense idiocy people have shown buying into the pre-release hype. This type of behavior makes the entire culture poorer for its existence, and everybody who bough Skyrim on the first day it was out should be ashamed of themselves. I might get around to playing the game itself, eventually.

zerobudgetgamer

Apr 5, 2011
My current computer is 4 years old and basically just hits the Minimum Requirements, nothing more.

My part-time job hasn't given me any work in about a month now, and everything I've earned thus far I need to save for Christmas.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of waiting until the mod community starts making the game better, both literally and *ahem* "Aesthetically"

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
theamazingbean said:
Bethesda games in general are bit too slow and generic for me. Furthermore, I'm offended by the intense idiocy people have shown buying into the pre-release hype. This type of behavior makes the entire culture poorer for its existence, and everybody who bough Skyrim on the first day it was out should be ashamed of themselves. I might get around to playing the game itself, eventually.
Hahahaha, what?

I'm not going to be ashamed of myself for buying a game before I have your blessing to.

crimson sickle2

Sep 30, 2009
I played Oblivion and hated the stealth and magic in that game, I hear its better now, but when you add in how that's probably not entirely true and the fact that Bethesda NPC's look like talking statues that are incredibly ugly, I'll pass.

Oroboros

Feb 21, 2011
Because they blew up Vvardenfall. That's about it, really. It kinda killed my interest in the series as a whole after the Morrowind game. I'm not saying it's a bad game-all indication seem to be pointing towards it being quite good, but I can't quite shake the feeling that all of the heroic deeds and all of the fun adventures I had in the Morrowind game was for nothing ultimately because some book author really liked the Argonians and really hated the Dunmer.

In the back of my mind I know that I am highly unlikely to ever raid another kwama egg mine, ride another silt strider, or encounter creatures as strange as a kagouti, netch, bonewalker or cliff racer. Because of this, it really kills fascination I had with the elder scrolls setting-Skyrim is just another generic fantasy game in my mind-a very well executed one, but nothing bringing anything compared to the atmosphere or setting that Morrowind provided. Nothing I wouldn't play-and probably enjoy-if I had the opportunity to (say on a friend's X-box or computer), but not necessarily something I feel like shelling out the greenbacks for right now, and certainly not something I am going to bother upgrading my computer over.

So that's why I don't have Skyrim, and why I am unlikely to ever buy it.

AdamRBi

Feb 7, 2010
Only mild interest in the game.
I have other things to do with all those hours.
Minimal games budget.
My laptop is from 2007.

I think that about covers why I won't be buying Skyrim.

Lord Kodous

Feb 24, 2009
I don't have it because I don't want it. The Elder Scrolls games have never kept my interest for that long, so I decided I'd rather keep $60.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
Not enough money for new games, and I still have plenty others to play through before buying something new. Besides, when I do get a couple extra bucks, I'd prefer to get Saint's Row: The Third rather than Skyrim.

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
I don't got time to RPG these days, man. I love the genre, but it requires a massive time commitment. But when I do have time, Skyrim's on the list right behind finishing Deus Ex 3, playing ME3 if it's good, and possibly doing another Witcher 2 playthrough. Side benefit: the modding community will have done their thing by then :)

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
I have a back catalouge that includes Deus Ex Human Revolution, El Shaddai, and half of Dragon Age 2, and with all the shit I have to do I barely have time for THOSE right now. By the time I get around to finishing all that Skyrim will be available used.

DRes82

Apr 9, 2009
I don't have it because...oh wait, I do have it. I feel sorry for all you hipsters saying you didn't buy it just because its the non mainstream thing to do. Or because Bethesda is pissing on Mojang. Or whatever reason it is that people don't buy quality games.

Do yourselves a favor and grab a copy. Maybe not now...but in the future some time, definitely. Its not a sequel to Oblivion. Its not a reskinned Morrowind. It took the elements of both that were great, and got rid of everything that was not so great, and combined them into a work of art. I'm serious, if you like video games at all...you owe it to yourself to try this game.

My only regret is not finishing the Deus Ex: HR DLC before beginning Skyrim.