Why Little Pony?

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Ryu890 said:
Thanks. ^^ Especially for the heads up on the group.

Eh....I probably shouldn't say any more. I'm pretty sure there's a rule or something against non-helpful posts......so....I'll see ya around!
Just hop on in, though I admit I thought this discussion was dead, but a new face makes it worthwhile.

Oh, and an extra round of applause for learning to use the search button before just going out and making a post asking about stuff around here.

Roan Berg

Jul 17, 2010
Bags159 said:
Roan Berg said:
I don't care what anyone says.

Pinkie Pie isn't random.

The last random character in any TV that was likable was Ed from Ed Edd and Eddy, and he was only semi-random there.

Pinkie Pie doesn't make completely out of the blue statements. There is always a connection, no matter how little it may seem to have a semblance, to the situation at hand.
So what did "so I said 'oatmeal? are you crazy?'" have to do with anything in Ticket Master?
That was intentionally taken out of context. Ever walked into a room where someone was already having a conversation, and as you come within earshot the first thing you hear makes the speaker look crazy?

Bags159

Mar 11, 2011
Roan Berg said:
Bags159 said:
Roan Berg said:

Pinkie Pie isn't random.

The last random character in any TV that was likable was Ed from Ed Edd and Eddy, and he was only semi-random there.

Pinkie Pie doesn't make completely out of the blue statements. There is always a connection, no matter how little it may seem to have a semblance, to the situation at hand.
So what did "so I said 'oatmeal? are you crazy?'" have to do with anything in Ticket Master?
That was intentionally taken out of context. Ever walked into a room where someone was already having a conversation, and as you come within earshot the first thing you hear makes the speaker look crazy?
I'm not sure what oatmeal has to do with Pinkie Pie going to the Grand Galloping Gala at all. As far as I'm concerned that was completely random.

Then there's the "and that's how Equestria was made" comment in CMC.

hecticpicnic

Jul 27, 2010
I don't why people like it.I watched it its silly a corny ,but the animations nice.If it was on tv i might watch it a look around to make sure no one sees me,But its also got that goofy adobe flash art style ,that all shows have now a days.If you wana watch a good animated kids show watch one piece.

EDIT:Did see all them typos.Here is what i meant to say.
"I don't know why people like it.I watched it and its silly and corny ,but the animations nice.If it was on tv i might watch it and look around to make sure no one sees me.Its also got that goofy adobe flash art style that all shows have now-a-days have.If you wana watch a good animated kids show watch "one piece"."

SPARTANXIII

Nov 24, 2009
hecticpicnic said:
I don't why people like it.I watched it its silly a corny ,but the animations nice.If it was on tv i might watch it a look around to make sure no one sees me,But its also got that goofy adobe flash art style ,that all shows have now a days.If you wana watch a good animated kids show watch one piece.
O....kay?
Now in English!

Melon Hunter

Chief Procrastinator
May 18, 2009
SPARTANXIII said:
hecticpicnic said:
O....kay?
Now in English!
Done!

I hope there weren't too many errors in translation. That can happen sometimes.

hecticpicnic

Jul 27, 2010
SPARTANXIII said:
hecticpicnic said:
O....kay?
Now in English!
What was it the punctuation,i guess its kinda hard to understand.
Also if you looking at the link below i'd say skip to like episode 60 and don't watch the original dub(ever!..they swapped all the guns with super soakers,and took away onw of the main characters cigarettes and gave him a lollipop).

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
LCP said:
I still refuse to watch it. If feel like my computer will crash or blow up or something...

But the fighting in the thread is deliciously hilarious....

*tips fingers together*

Excellent...

Bags159

Mar 11, 2011
hecticpicnic said:
I think it's trying to communicate

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
Bags159 said:
hecticpicnic said:
As funny as that was, I think it may be going a bit far.
[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/801/loveline.jpg/]

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
Roan Berg said:

Pinkie Pie isn't random.

*argument about getting tickets dies down*
Pinkie Pie: ...and then I said "Oatmeal"!? Are you CRAZ- oh.

Seems like a completely out of the blue statement to me.

Also what's with this thread refusing to die? I'm not complaining, but it seems to pop back into existence every 12 hours or so. Is the need to post about ponies (whether positive or negative) too great to resist?

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
lunncal said:
Pinkie Pie: ...and I said "Oatmeal"!? Are you CRAZ- oh.

Also what's with this thread refusing to die? I'm not complaining, but it seems to pop back into existence every 24 hours or so. Is the need to post about ponies (whether positive or negative) is too great to resist?
*cough* The oatmeal line has already been mentioned. As well as "And that's how Equestria was made!" Twice. Each. So, um, yeah.

And I for one hope that we can keep this thread going, in order to ward off new ones.

Usergroup link, because I think it should be on every page of a pony thread. For all pony-related news and discussion:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/MLP-Friendship-is-Magic

Bags159

Mar 11, 2011
Aidinthel said:
Bags159 said:
hecticpicnic said:
As funny as that was, I think it may be going a bit far.
[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/801/loveline.jpg/]
What about things to the left and right of the line?

Melon Hunter

Chief Procrastinator
May 18, 2009
Aidinthel said:
lunncal said:
Pinkie Pie: ...and I said "Oatmeal"!? Are you CRAZ- oh.

Also what's with this thread refusing to die? I'm not complaining, but it seems to pop back into existence every 24 hours or so. Is the need to post about ponies (whether positive or negative) is too great to resist?
*cough* The oatmeal line has already been mentioned. As well as "And that's how Equestria was made!" Twice. Each. So, um, yeah.

And I for one hope that we can keep this thread going, in order to ward off new ones.

Usergroup link, because I think it should be on every page of a pony thread. For all pony-related news and discussion:
Do you think we should request a sticky? I think enough of the Escapist staff are fans as well to understand why, and it's getting a bit frustrating how often these threads come up with the exact same question about MLP and the same less-than-civil debate.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
Bags159 said:
What about things to the left and right of the line?
It's actually a perfect mathematical line of which only a segment is visible. But, fine, how about this then:
[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/222/lovebox.jpg/]

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
hecticpicnic said:
EDIT:Did see all them typos.Here is what i meant to say.
"I don't know why people like it.I watched it and its silly and corny ,but the animations nice.If it was on tv i might watch it and look around to make sure no one sees me.Its also got that goofy adobe flash art style that all shows have now-a-days have.If you wana watch a good animated kids show watch "one piece"."
I was going to clean that up for you, but you beat me to it. I've also watched One Piece back in the day, back in the day when it was on 4kids.

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
Aidinthel said:

Huh... so it has. My mistake, guess I need to pay more attention.

Instead I'll use this gif to refute his claim that Pinkie Pie is not random.

I don't think that's been used...

Kinokohatake

Jul 11, 2010
Watched to episode 6 after being told the first 2 episodes aren't the best. And oh my god....a, wait for it...bout the same as the first 2 episodes. Still not getting it. I haven't laughed once. NOT ONCE! AND I LAUGH AT EVERYTHING! On a side note, my 2 year old daughter LOVES IT.

Lenin211

Apr 22, 2011
Baneat said:
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Here's an image I made in MS Paint on the subject:

See that odd thing hanging in the top left corner of the site? That's a search bar. You'll be waist-deep in My Little Pony threads if you search for it. Read the answers there.
Yes. Please, no more. Didn't they have to severely limit the number of pony threads on certain boards just because it gets this bad?
There is only one solution to this.

Pony Forum

bluepotatosack

Mar 17, 2011
Alright, I got sucked in.

Except that episode about religion ("Feeling Pinkie Keen"). That was bullshit.

If I talked about the animation or characters I'd just be repeating everything that's already been said, but I don't think I've seen anybody talk about some of the references they make.

So far I've caught references to David Bowie, Benny Hill, Ziegfeld Follies... That last one especially surprised me. I like all these little nods.