Wii 4.2 Update Reportedly Trashing Consoles

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
so let me wrap my mind around this

The most profitable gaming system on the market today is refusing to replace consoles that they broke through a faulty update?

Well all of my faith in nintendo kinda dissapeared after they came out with the DSI the same year as the DS lite. And people say that Microsoft is a money sucking company.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
Looks like the vengeful souls of PC and 360 owners have risen to corrupt an update for the Wii.

This behavior is fully expected of Micro$oft, but I never thought Nintendo would indirectly brick their consoles.

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
Kevlar Eater said:
Looks like the vengeful souls of PC and 360 owners have risen to corrupt an update for the Wii.

This behavior is fully expected of Micro$oft, but I never thought Nintendo would indirectly brick their consoles.
yeah, becasue the companies want unhappy customers.
people make mistakes, yes, this is affecting you right now, but hey, at least that guy hwo 1'd when he should have 0'd didn't make the bridge on your commute.

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
So is there any update on this issue? The Tech Support thread was locked without any real difinitive answer, and every post so far has pretty much been bitching about the wii, or the same old tired arguments about homebrew this and external applications that.

Has there been any resolution to this yet? I'm not really that worried about it, but I would just hate to lose all of my Virtual Console games due to some BS update.