Will Smith, Jay-Z Remaking Movie Musical Annie

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Ugh. This has fail written all over it, just like The Karate Kid with his son.

Look, will, we know you're talented. Really, we do. But that doesnt mean your kids are.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
manythings said:
HankMan said:
OHHHHHH! WILLOW Smith! Dam it Liz!
The Big question is: Will they die her afro red?
More over will they give her "white" freckles?
More over, while they make her play in white face.

I know, that sounds horrible, but lets face it, there's no Daddy Warbucks figures in the Ghetto.

Whytewulf

Dec 20, 2009
I like Will Smith.. but this is not a tale that needs to be remade.. And trying to be sensative here, but Annie is all about a little red headed girl, thats the essence of the movie and plays and musicals and.. I am ok with reimaging.. but this is just wrong. Are we 100% out of movies?

JoJo Bizzaro 7

Mar 7, 2010
already familiar with at least one of the musical's best known songs
>at least one of the musical's best known songs
>at least one
>implying the urbanized, modernized, ill-conceived remake of 30+ year old film adaptation of a 40+ year old musical exhibits blatant neglect for the source material and appears doomed to fail.

Green text? In MY Escapist? It's more likely than you think.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
On occasion I feel spoiled. I feel like my life is served to me on a silver platter by my parents. Like I'm a lame, irresponsible parody of the middle class suburban kid who will never ever know what it's like to work for what I have. Then I look at Will Smith's kids.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Will Smith, buddy, you're a great actor, versatile and all that.
But, pimping out movies for your kids... eh. I, I don't know. It doesn't fly with me.

Maybe you have to accept that your kids aren't as talented as you.

The Imp

Nov 9, 2009
First they rape my childhood memory with the Karte Kid remake and then proceed to kill Annie?! I...i..don't know what to say. I'm shellshocked.

That's Funny

Jul 20, 2009
What is this, I don't even?

Oh god no, note to Will Smith, stop forcing your children on us, we are beginning to hate them. Especially Willow for the abomination of a song.

Daniel_Rosamilia

Jan 17, 2008
JoJo Bizzaro 7 said:
>at least one
>implying the urbanized, modernized, ill-conceived remake of 30+ year old film adaptation of a 40+ year old musical exhibits blatant neglect for the source material and appears doomed to fail.

[font color=green]>Implying Jay-Z plays 'music'
>Implying implications[/font]
Yes yes, I know this will earn me the burning rage of a thousand white hot blinding suns of hateful fury and possibly a suspension, but it:
1. Looks really neat
2. Will confuse a few people
3. Brings my point across.
Also, WHY?!
WHY THIS?!?!

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Willow should go die and this movie should NEVER BE MADE! You can't do Annie without a creepy ginger kid!

I'll fucking whip YOUR hair ya dumb *****!

mikespoff

Oct 29, 2009
Apparently, "the spectacular Jay-Z" made a "spectacular song".

In related news, please get a thesaurus and a sense of proportion. Neither the song nor the artist are "spectacular".

(IMHO, of course).

EllEzDee

Nov 29, 2010
I don't see what the problem is...Annie was a horrifying to begin with. I still have nightmares of that ginger kid.

silasbufu

Aug 5, 2009
Timbydude said:
Oh, well this doesn't seem so bad! I guess that...

Elizabeth Grunewald said:
The film, which marks the first feature film collaboration between the two, is being imagined as a star vehicle for Smith's 10-year-old daughter, Willow.
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Seriously, why is he trying to make his children so popular? My parents didn't force me into anything. Doesn't he realize this could seriously mess them up?
I'm pretty sure it's the other way around.
Probably a huge percentage of teen-age girls want to be singers, most of them don't have the talent or realise it's stupid later on (alot later). She doesn't have any talent whatsoever, but daddy has the dollars to make anything happen.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
SpiderJerusalem said:
I'm curious to see how many of the folks here raving and ranting have actually seen the film or the stage play - or are just being negative on principle.
I've seen both (well... a taping of the stage play) and I can faithfully say neither would benefit from this.

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
JoJo Bizzaro 7 said:
>at least one

YOU DO NOT GREEN TEXT OUTSIDE OF 4chan!

Anyways, when I saw thism I felt obliged to leave a comment that only said "BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW" ad nausem. Good thing I didn't.

Instead:

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
Those are one of the worst song and video i've seen. I don't doubt the girl is talented but that video certainly doesn't show it, too much auto tune and the genre is not for her age and she still doesn't look like a woman for that actitude.