Will Smith, Jay-Z Remaking Movie Musical Annie

Kmadden2004

Feb 13, 2010
For some reason, when I read that headline I just thought of this sketch;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dICt7AHzRvo

minespatch

Jan 13, 2011
My father told me that if Will Smith(the father) was playing Annie, he'd see it. Hey! That's better than a little girl that knows no jokes!

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
<youtube=6ziKnyvBZks>

Why. Why the hell do they have to remake a classic musical and knowingly ruin another childhood memory in the process!?

I need a nonalcoholic drink.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
First off, I'm impressed, that family seems quite gifted.
Second off..... [HEADING=2]WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!!!!!![/HEADING]

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
IckleMissMayhem said:
Still, it'll be interesting to see if the girl can actually sing...?
Judging by that video, I can only make one perfectly true statement: Her talent at singing is equalled by her ability to hide it.

But really, if this comes into existence it's going to be Annie In Name Only. There's no way they're going to redo the original faithfully.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
This is one of those situations where I don't think anyone should be doing a remake of this right now. I mean why does every big thing from the past have to see a remake right now? For some reason I think this idea sprung from the same "creative" process that has been remaking 1980s TV shows as feature films.

The team isn't bad, it's just not something I'd want to see done.

Kelethor

Jun 24, 2008
Okay, I wanna set up how I read this post.

"Huh. Well Annie was a pretty good musical. I wonder what kinda talent Will's Kid has"

*watches video, 10 seconds in"

Yeah that's enough

Mortons4ck

Jan 12, 2010
It's not like this sort of thing is new, I mean there was The Wiz [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wiz_%28film%29] back in the 70's that did an African-American reinterpretation of the Wizard of Oz. Granted "The Wiz" was a Broadway production before it was a movie.

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
emeraldrafael said:
I know, that sounds horrible, but lets face it, there's no Daddy Warbucks figures in the Ghetto.
She'll be adopted by the nice rapper, of course.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
Whip My Hair? I don't think I could get across how stupid that sounds without resorting to a string of "cuss words." And that's just from the title, I refuse to listen to it.

I'm not going to bother finishing this comment. The stupidity of it all defies words, but plenty of people have tried already. And I'm sure more will follow. The thought has been made clear.

Edit: Dear Jay-Z: STAY AWAY FROM Rent. I will have to horribly end your life if you massacre it, which you would if you even looked at it...

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Quiet Stranger said:
Willow should go die and this movie should NEVER BE MADE! You can't do Annie without a creepy ginger kid!

I'll fucking whip YOUR hair ya dumb *****!
Dude, shes 10, calm down.

This isnt the worst idea ever, im all for creative re imaginings, but ill wait until the film is out before I pass judgement. Reading this thread so far, it seems the only reason people are hating this is because they dont like Rap, and they dont like Willow Smith, her song isnt that bad jesus christ, I swear soem people here do like to overreact

Sep 17, 2009
The Rockerfly said:
This is monstrous
I have no other thoughts on the matter
Really? Monstrous?

I mean sure Whip My Hair Back and Forth is horrible, but Jay-Z is a smart dude, a great producer, and a great rapper. I mean I honestly don't think it'll be good, but far from a monstrosity.

I don't like how Will Smith is molding his children in the public eye, but in many cases he is a good actor and a pretty smart dude too.

I think their combined talents could create something good, I won't be seeing this film, but hell The Karate Kid got decent reviews.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Tsaba said:
First off, I'm impressed, that family seems quite gifted.
Second off..... [HEADING=2]WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!!!!!![/HEADING]
Wouldn't go so far to say talented, maybe over exposed and riding on the fame of an outdated actor.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
The_Blue_Rider said:
Quiet Stranger said:
Willow should go die and this movie should NEVER BE MADE! You can't do Annie without a creepy ginger kid!

I'll fucking whip YOUR hair ya dumb *****!
Dude, shes 10, calm down.

This isnt the worst idea ever, im all for creative re imaginings, but ill wait until the film is out before I pass judgement. Reading this thread so far, it seems the only reason people are hating this is because they dont like Rap, and they dont like Willow Smith, her song isnt that bad jesus christ, I swear soem people here do like to overreact
Her song is terrible, her "singing" voice is terrible and I will never forgive her for that

WingedFortress

Detective
Feb 5, 2008
If Willow smith plays this I will be OFFENDED.

Would it be appropriate for Ron Howard to star as Malcolm X? Or Chuck Norris to play Shaft? While both could bring new elements to the role(As I'm sure Willow Smith would) it just wouldn't fit the concept.

Seriously. Gingers don't have very many movies. If this gets taken whats left? Children of the Corn? That wasn't even the all ginger cast it shouldve been.