Will You Press the Button?

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
"President Kennedy is never assassinated"
Well I mean that doesn't seem so bad, I mean a person isn't killed...
"But the Beatles never become popular"
...okay I'm sorry Mr. Kennedy but it's the damn Beatles! XD

Second one was:
"Your Girlfriend/Boyfriend is the hottest person in the world."
"But you can't have sex until you're married."
My response to that...you mean I actually get a girlfriend and won't die a virgin loner? :D

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
After playing around with this website a bit, I've come to notice that a lot of these "dilemmas" are just plain stupid, with either all up-side or all down-side.

"You can manipulate time at will, but your age will permanently freeze once you press the button." Sooooo time manipulation and I'm forever 29? And what's the downside?

"Every member of the opposite sex will find you absolutely irresistible, but this isn't just limited to humans." So I'm constantly being chased by every female in the world, including the females of every animal species? Yeah...that sounds like a classic Monkey's Paw wish (a wish that sounds good when you say it, but becomes a total nightmare when it's actually granted).

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
"You now know magic" BUT "You lose your legs"

Downside? I'll just leviosaa myself everywhere.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
"You will know without a doubt the purpose and direction of your life"
"but you can no longer use restrooms"
Fuuuuckin' hell. Well I live in the bush, so I already walk out my door and piss. And if worst comes to worst I can install a portable toilet and pretend it's a fashion statement.

FirstNameLastName

Premium Fraud
Nov 6, 2014
"You become a tyrant of a country and turn it into a superpower."
but
"Your country will go down the path of Hitler's Germany."

Respect my authoritah!

EDIT:
"You will be beamed aboard a spaceship, and befriend the aliens, and explore the entire universe with them, using their technology to expand your life and health for several thousand of years."
but
"you will never return to earth, and never find another human being of someone compatible to love."

Oh wow. I quite literally began laughing out loud at this one. If it were real life, I would be bashing on that button so hard my fist would bleed.

"Each press grants you 10 dollars."
but
"It will also kill 1 Random person for each press."

What's the draw back? You mean I can gain money and help out over population at the same time?

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
You could press this button or not but you'd still find out if you were with the majority or not.

I... don't think this counts? Let's try another one.

You could die with no pain and nobody would suffer from your loss. but You die tomorrow.

... this isn't something that helps with the suicidal ideations!

San Martin

Jun 21, 2013
It says I can now shred like no other, but the 'downside' is that I play the bass. I fail to see how that's a downside. Without the bass there's no funk, and to whomever says bassists get no action: between Brian May and Bootsy Collins I know whose dick I'd rather suck.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
You get one wish every day for the rest of your life but every wish you make causes 100 ppl to die.

Day 1
Alrighty then I wish for a TARDIS with the knowledge to use it.

Day 2
I wish to be like a Time Lord with regeneration.

Day 3
I wish for all the doctors gadgets and for them to work regardless if it makes sense or not.

Glongpre

Jun 11, 2013
You have all the money you could ever need, without having to work

but

You become a magnet for birds and they constantly poop on you whenever you go outside.

Quite the dilemma. I will have to take the money and create somekind of anti bird turd lazer that shoots them out of the sky. Or I could create a biological weapon to kill all birds. I am sure some other animal will evolve and fill the niche.

-Ezio-

Eats Nuts, Kicks Butts.
Nov 17, 2009
You can teleport anywhere in the world
but
Your mother-in-law must come with you

not married. hooray for loopholes.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
"You can eliminate an internet community of your choice" but "You will never be able to use the internet again."

Hella no.

"You will find out the definate answers to all of history" but "It all appeared to you in a vision/dream so not many people will believe you."

Yeah, okay. It seems like a really cool thing to know. If people don't believe me, their loss.

"You create a pizza that everybody loves and you become famous for it" but "McDonald's get ruined."

Sure. I could go for that. Pizza > McDonald's anyway.

Sampler

He who is not known
May 5, 2008
http://willyoupressthebutton.com/17904/yes

You can access the internet with your mind

but

The internet connection speed is horribly slow no matter where you are
Not too bad, having the power is better than not having the power, way I see it, at home or have signal, carry on using the internet on devices at usual speed, but, need access and otherwise wouldn't have it, then yeah, I can put up with a bit of lag..

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
Some of these are good, some are just weird:

'You can fly BUT only 5 MPH and 5 feet off the ground.' Assuming I can still run and walk normally, hell yeah!!! Great party trick. Plus you can fold your arms across your chest and look like M. Bison, totally pimp.

'Fast food is now healthy BUT no internet forever'. I'll be the first to admit this one was kind of tempting.

This was my favorite in terms of being funny: 'You will be able to stop every war, Cure cancer, End the world hunger, Stop the global warming BUT you will be stinged (their spelling, not mine) by a Wasp'.

'You will become a Jedi BUT You must live with knowledge of an impending galactic armageddon that you will cause.' If I knew that, couldn't I just kill myself prior to me starting it?

Anyway, there goes my productivity.

UPDATE: Best one yet: 'There will be world peace BUT Everyone sounds like Samuel L. Jackson and ends their sentences with "************".

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
"You could turn into anything you want but when you turn back no one knows you anymore."

Was the most interesting one I encountered. How important is our self-image and how much do we care what others think of us?

FirstNameLastName

Premium Fraud
Nov 6, 2014
"You are able to become any fictional or historical person you want."
but
"You only get to live half of the life they did."

Okay, I will become God! Gods lives forever, half of infinity is still infinity. Unless they are talking about half the life as in you can only do half the stuff they can do. Well, God is all powerful and all knowing, so half of infinite power and knowledge is still infinite.

Some of these are rather stupid, and without any kind of drawback. I got one that said I can use the force, but only when no one else is around. As opposed to what? Right now, when I am able to use the force with people around?
Also, why do so many of them come back to food? It seems it's the generic draw back that doesn't need any context, just "something good," but, "you can never eat food, but don't have to either."

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
You become extremely attractive
but
you are the opposite gender and attracted to the opposite gender from before

Well for one thing, I'm already bi, so an inversion in sexual attraction would change absolutely nothing. As for being the opposite gender, I don't really give a crap.
Yeah, I'd push it.

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
You can create anything with your mind and have a super high I.Q but It takes you 20 years to figure out how to use it

the fact people didnt press the button surprizes me the only downside is waiting and thats not that bad