Woman Blames FarmVille for Killing Her Baby

Pain Is Inevitable

Aug 12, 2008
This is a tragedy that I think helps showcase the fact that not everyone is fit to be a parent. Farmville had nothing to do with this. What I'm seeing here is a young woman who was clearly not fit to handle the responsibility of taking care of a baby, and the least she should do at this point is to just come forward and admit that this was the case instead of blaming some random game for her own shortcomings.

SFR

Mar 26, 2009
Okay, I've only been around like 3 babies in my life, and even I know that shaking a baby results in more crying, not less. AND NO TESTING WAS REQUIRED TO ACCRUE THIS INFORMATION!

Shit, I'll cry if you shake me hard enough. Then I'll drown you in my tears you crazy son-of-a-*****!

Oliver Pink

Apr 3, 2010
Iglock said:
I loled at the sheer ridiculousness of the title.

Then I started reading and my smile slowly faded... :(
You know, your avatar neatly encapsulates how I felt reading this article - face, meet hand.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
tehweave said:
"Woman blames farmville for killing her baby."
"She's 22 years old."

Of course she is. Because every single person of our (I'm 22 as well) generation has no idea how to take responsibility.
I'm 24 and I gotta admit alot (not all) of people in our generation don't know how to be responsible.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
zero_blahs said:
1st shes playing farmville thinking "yay farmville oooo my crops are almost ready!"
2nd "Grrrr damn baby shut the heck up!" /shake baby
3rd "oooo yeah cigarette mmmmmm cigarette"
4th "?????"
She had a cigarette and then procceded to continue shaking the god dang baby!
You forgot 5th: "PROFIT!"

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
binvjoh said:
What the fuck?

"I got angry doing something else and while I was still angry I killed my baby, so it's obviously not my fault".

I'm not usually an angry person, but I want her shot. Or preferably shaken to death.
Ok, we're getting some odd kneejerk reactions here.

Question here: did she ever actually say that Farmville CAUSED her actions? Or just say that she was angry at her baby because it was interrupting her game, thereby giving the facts without insinuating that the makers of Farmville were "at fault"? She pled guilty, don't forget.

There's a big difference here - if the baby had interrupted her cooking, we wouldn't be saying that she blamed the recipe book. But because she says she was gaming at the time, everyone assumes that she "blames" Farmville - even though she pled guilty?

Or are you guys just reading way more into this than I am?

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
I know it's tempting to get rightous punishments thrown down like shaking her to death or what not. But alot of this centers around making the criminal understand the terror they caused. This women is subhuman, just a rabid animal that needs to be put down. Put a bullet in the head and throw it on the pile.

binvjoh

Sep 27, 2010
TheMadDoctorsCat said:
binvjoh said:
What the fuck?

"I got angry doing something else and while I was still angry I killed my baby, so it's obviously not my fault".

I'm not usually an angry person, but I want her shot. Or preferably shaken to death.

Question here: did she ever actually say that Farmville CAUSED her actions? Or just say that she was angry at her baby because it was interrupting her game, thereby giving the facts without insinuating that the makers of Farmville were "at fault"? She pled guilty, don't forget.

There's a big difference here - if the baby had interrupted her cooking, we wouldn't be saying that she blamed the recipe book. But because she says she was gaming at the time, everyone assumes that she "blames" Farmville - even though she pled guilty?

Whatever might be the case she is still a fucking horrible human being.

Fury Is Me.

Oh, Tasty Tasty.
Feb 20, 2010
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh man! This is just SOOOOO Hilarious how she thinks she can get away with it by blaming VIDEO GAMES! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Okay... I have alot of things to say.

1. That woman is a sick fuck. She needs to STAY in that prison where she belongs. Killing your own baby cause it was CRYING. BABIES CRY!

2. Having the AUDACITY to try to put the blame on VIDEO GAMES. No. This was NOT the games fault. She obviously was extremly unstable and disturbed. People need to stop trying to place the blame on other thins when the blame OBVIOUSLY is all theirs. This applies to EVERYTHINg, not just video games. It's your own fault, not Farmville's, not Zynga's, not Facebook's. No, it's YOUR fault!

3. I know all you fucks out there in Government who are Anti-video game (I'm lookin at you Jack) are completly going to forget the fact that she MURDERED HER BABY, BRUTALLY, and go straight to the "Fact" that video games are evil, mind warping things bent on turning all into Genocidal freaks.

4. If I get banned for saying "Fucks" i'm gonna be even madder. This just COMPLETLY pissed me off...

mr_rubino

Sep 19, 2010
TheMadDoctorsCat said:
binvjoh said:
What the fuck?

Facts scare me. Too many get in the way of my soapboxing.

Also, maybe she got a "Game out of sync" message after a particularly complicated play session. ^_^

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
"In my defence, your honour, I was milking virtual cows."

Even if they were real cows, how is this in any way a defence?

Grounogeos

Mar 20, 2009
Believe it or not, some "experts" are saying that Facebook should accept some of the responsibility. Because it's obvious that their games have a mind control device that tells the players to kill anyone that distracts them from the stupid game.

Honestly, even being cut in every place that will make them slowly bleed to death and being soaked in lemon juice while they make her watch them erase her Facebook account (along with her precious farm on Farmville) is too fucking nice.

zero_blahs

Nov 26, 2009
Arkhangelsk said:
zero_blahs said:
1st shes playing farmville thinking "yay farmville oooo my crops are almost ready!"
2nd "Grrrr damn baby shut the heck up!" /shake baby
3rd "oooo yeah cigarette mmmmmm cigarette"
4th "?????"
She had a cigarette and then procceded to continue shaking the god dang baby!
You forgot 5th: "PROFIT!"
LMFAO not cool dude! lol but very funny.

wolf92

Aug 13, 2008
The game did not shake her baby. She did.
She's a terrible person, and I hope she rots in jail forever.

Grumbles92

Oct 1, 2010
I say the stupid report was sensationalized. I think everybody can agree there's no logical connection between addictive games and murder and that children are annoying. I'm sure what happened is that she just got so fed up with her child crying all the time that she shuck him out of frustration without actually intending to kill him. However, it was still a thoughtless action and if she can't show even that much self-restraint then she really deserves to be locked up.

There're lots of cases of parents killing their babies out of frustration alone. There was a guy who was sent to jail for microwaving his own baby because he wouldn't stop crying. So it just goes to show how little a part a video game would have to play in a case like this.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
I heard this on the radio, and laughed really hard at first, but then realized the broadcaster was serious.
I have always known FarmVille is terrible and makes WoW addicts seem tame, but holy shit this is ridiculous.
Not too much of a surprise, but still o_O worthy.

She'll have alot of fun in prison.